I'm having a few issues with the Icon Translator and plan to put them all in this thread. First one, pretty minor but I like those stripes...

Referencing Jim'TMs Manual "Pre-Release Edition One"

Topic:           Icon Translator (Page 256, 257)

Issue:          No stripes when creating an "enclosed zone".

Details:        I'm pretty sure I've followed the instructions in the manual but I don't get the stripes in the enclosed zone, as shown in the manual. Have the Devs changed the styling or am I doing something wrong?

Discussion:  Test mission attached, which is nothing more than a Player plane for good measure and a triangle of Icon translators. My understanding is that there's no need for a Mission Begin or other MCU for icons.

2083304968_ZoneIssue.thumb.jpg.7eaa938db5b97a052b608093a6855c54.jpg

PS Unrelated, but there may be something odd with my install as others have had not been able to open another mission and the missions sent from Chad and Sketch crashed my Editor.  Hoping this mission will load okay.

FN Icon Zone.zip

I think last time I tried, I found that the stripes don't show up in the pre-mission briefing map screen, but do once you actually start the mission. 

• Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, Murleen said:

I think last time I tried, I found that the stripes don't show up in the pre-mission briefing map screen, but do once you actually start the mission. 

Damn, too true. Thank you!

Issue/Question #2: I thought the Icon Waypoint would show up as a circle with a connecting line between waypoints, but I just get a line only. Is that correct?

PS For some reason I can't seem to fly any of the shared missions which I was hoping to check this out with - maybe too old from a couple of years ago?

152700638_waypoints-ingame.thumb.JPG.1c509825935bc2997edeae84a799affa.JPG

155221541_waypoints-editor.thumb.JPG.f7a6e1e9ab1a002671dbdf1809711a06.JPG

Icon Waypoints.zip

7 minutes ago, FlyingNutcase said:

Issue/Question #2: I thought the Icon Waypoint would show up as a circle with a connecting line between waypoints, but I just get a line only. Is that correct?

PS For some reason I can't seem to fly any of the shared missions which I was hoping to check this out with - maybe too old from a couple of years ago?

Icon Waypoints.zip 3.44 kB · 0 downloads

Try changing "Line Type" to "Position 1" -  I think this is the type used in career mode briefings.

Thanks Jim but...

Target linking #4 to #1: Still the same lines only.

Target linking #1 to #4: Still the same lines only. 

As below:

160195282_Il-22019-05-1400-00-08-68.thumb.jpg.50bd5698681b802106eca58dd726a0ec.jpg

If a plain line is normal for the waypoint (with a "Normal" line) then all good - it just seems a little underwhelming, lol. 

Thanks Murleen, Actually that was going to be the third question:

I've changed the lines to Position 1 as shown below, which gives the heading, altitude and distance but in Jim's manual it displays info:

1. In the middle of the leg.
  2. Shows only Distance and apparently the leg time, separated by a horizontal bar.

So is there a way to customise leg data and format?

And when I tried Positions 2, it was the a solid line, not dashed as in the manual.

My Result (all lines Positions 1; same result with Positions 2) : 

898787289_Il-22019-05-1400-41-01-78.thumb.jpg.c0bfef020b644858e134c09568bdfcf0.jpg

Manual image:

276167605_manualwp.JPG.c7225203ee8fe76541a040ad963bea63.JPG

Thanks!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FlyingNutcase said:

Thanks Jim but...

Target linking #4 to #1: Still the same lines only.

Target linking #1 to #4: Still the same lines only. 

Sorry, I read your post too fast and thought you were trying to create an enclosed circle with icon translators, so I deleted my original post.

Edited by JimTM