BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 57

Hello, Pilots!

Unfortunately, this weekend will not go as we planned. We are not ready for a public test of multiplayer scheduled for today. This was a hard decision, which made only an hour ago, and we had to go through intense debate to get to it. But we're sure that such test would have been useless for us and wouldn't be enjoyable for you. Some of connections inside the project must be properly tested. At the same time, the fresh changes and updates may not only influence the multiplayer mode itself but also may lead to failures of the early access version, including broken login procedures, content unavailability, etc.. Today's version has not been tested yet, and we can't take such a big risk. It's even bigger than with weekly published early access builds, and you trust me here - that risk is always high. Thus, I decided to postpone the public multiplayer test for 1 more week minimum. We'll devote all that time to testing and quality assurance.  

As a substitution of the delayed MP test, we'll unlock Yak-1. It's not how we planned to release it as well, it's too early for it but luckily we can afford that now. Some of you may be extremely disappointed, some - slightly upset and others may be delighted with this new addition to the early access - a whole new plane, and a good one, I might add. Game access will be granted at usual time later today. Thanks a lot for your support and understanding. Looks like we'll need to work even harder to speed up development of this module. Well, hardships harden the character.

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

• Upvote 3

It's always a drag, when things don't go according to plan, but don't worry about us. We're a spoiled lot already, and the Yak-1 will more than make up for having to wait another week or two for MP.

Just focus on completing this great project.

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 1

I'd rather fly the Yak than have the MP beta without it. Good call, aI'm totally fine with your decision. Time to take the Yak for a spin :)

• Upvote 1

+2  Thanks for having the guts to make tough decisions.   The gradual, high quality roll-out of this project thus far has been examplary.  Keep it up! :new_russian:

Better to get it right from the off. Again, it's nice to see communication and honesty from a developer!. Thanks for the yak1!!!

• Upvote 1

:joy:  you guys did get us the Yak1 to play With tho ;-) And no problem looking forward to MP NeXT week ;-)

Oh well, that's the way things go sometimes. Anyway, Thanks for keeping us informed as to whats going on  and Thanks for the Yak.

Guys,

Sorry about the no MP release today. Big disappointment for all of us involved, but the bugs we encountered at the last minute, even though we thought we fixed today, still cause too much instability to risk complete MP breakdown on first go around. The good news is that the net-code itself works fine, but some of the additional support mechanisms are failing, but we will fix this weekend. Other good news is that the TS channel is up and working well with multiple rooms for different languages.

So as you read above you'll get the Yak-1 to play with. A better competitor for the 109 for sure.

We appreciate your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

Jason 

• Upvote 4

Well being mainly a single player guy, this is no problem on my end, and looking forward to trying out the Yak 1!

NP. thanks for the YAK. Hopefully the expected unlimited multiplayeracces at the end of march can still be kept?

Or did i get that wrong?

I'm sure even the most hard core MP-guys would much rather wait for a MP-build that works as well as the rest of BoS than have a rushed product that's bound to break down.

Yak-1, a soviet favourite of mine and a headache for that 109 fighter sweep :)

About MP, better safe than sorry. Building the house ground up I assume :)

GJ

• Upvote 1

Seems like a wise decision.  Thanks for keeping us informed regarding the reasoning.

And thanks for the Yak 1!!!!  :biggrin:

Thanks for the update and no worries here regarding the delay on MP!  You are making the right call.   This is development and things are fluid.  Do what's best for the project.

And thanks for the Yak!

Very good trade off. Many thanks for releasing the Yak. Very smart decision to wait with MP until it's ready.

Thanks a lot for You hard work!!!

No big deal with the MP delay.

I am really looking forward to the Yak!

Again many thanks to the No. 1 Dev Team !!!!

downloading but only 57kb/s :angry:

It´s same as last time!

Mine started off pretty slow, but about a third of the way through the download it kicked in nicely.

Thanks for the news, and the Yak.

MP will come in a week or two. :salute:

Better for you guys to be 100% happy with MP otherwise you'll get the inevitable negative whining if there's the slightest issue. Unfotunately some people only remember the 'bad' things and considering some of the posts about a 41% alpha it's best not to give them any ammunition.

Yak is great news, in fact it should have been released a week before MP purely to give Yak drivers time to acclimatise and get proficient with their mount before going head to head with the guys who have enjoyed the 109 for a few months.

Releasing MP and only giving the reds the LaGG to fight in would leave a bad impression of MP to some people who wouldn't take into account the massive advantage the 109 has in a 1v1 fight.

Really looking forwards to getting in the Yak and dealing out some hurt... ^^

• Upvote 2

Another aircraft! Brilliant - that said I'm still trying to get to grips with the others!

Good work guys loving the work you are putting into this.

Thanks for the Yak 1. It may have been a lst minute substitute for MP, but it's a welcome one. I'm looking forward to trying it out :biggrin:

Better for you guys to be 100% happy with MP otherwise you'll get the inevitable negative whining if there's the slightest issue. Unfotunately some people only remember the 'bad' things and considering some of the posts about a 41% alpha it's best not to give them any ammunition.

Yak is great news, in fact it should have been released a week before MP purely to give Yak drivers time to acclimatise and get proficient with their mount before going head to head with the guys who have enjoyed the 109 for a few months.

Releasing MP and only giving the reds the LaGG to fight in would leave a bad impression of MP to some people who wouldn't take into account the massive advantage the 109 has in a 1v1 fight.

Really looking forwards to getting in the Yak and dealing out some hurt... ^^

+1.000.000.000.000.000