dburne

New Virpil Throttle - VPC Mongoos T-50 CM

16 minutes ago, SamVimes said:

Or doesn't it matter?

Yes, it matters.

You'll want to use a single engine when taxing or if an engine is damaged in flight.

Select engine throttle for #1 and #2 separately.

30 minutes ago, SamVimes said:

I have my moments.🤦‍♀️

Wondering which one I'm better off binding for flying twins? The one I'm used to using, "Engines throttle control" or both of the lower ones, "Engine 1throttle control" and "Engine 2 throttle control". Or doesn't it matter?

Depends on how you want to control those two engines, independently or as one.

9 hours ago, Gordon200 said:

Yes, it matters.

You'll want to use a single engine when taxing or if an engine is damaged in flight.

Select engine throttle for #1 and #2 separately.

Excellent so, just to be clear in my addled brain, remove the binding for "Engine Throttle Control" and just bind #1 and #2 and that will work for both singles and twins?

Thanks for your help peoples, appreciate it.

• Like 1

@SamVimes Correct.

There is a pin that joins the two levers to operate as a single unit. The throttle has a sensor that recognizes the pin in place and functions as a single unit. When the pin is moved to allow dual control the throttle picks up on the different signals.

Sorry I didn't explain earlier but I've been tweaking settings looking for a better view in vr. Never ending quest. lol

12 hours ago, Gordon200 said:

@SamVimes Correct.

There is a pin that joins the two levers to operate as a single unit. The throttle has a sensor that recognizes the pin in place and functions as a single unit. When the pin is moved to allow dual control the throttle picks up on the different signals.

Sorry I didn't explain earlier but I've been tweaking settings looking for a better view in vr. Never ending quest. lol

Thanks for the clarification Gordon that helps. No apology necessary.

As far as I'm aware Virpil have removed the sensor you mentioned in this latest revision which may cause some slight problems flying twins but I do that so little it shouldn't bother me.

Yeah I have enough trouble spotting as it is, VR is definitely not on my radar.

Thanks again mate.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, the sensor (like in X-55/6) was removed and now in V3 the firmware try balance throttle inputs when levers are near, e.g. both around 20%, but this has penalty, may  the response in one throttle "jump" for match the other.

https://youtu.be/gf1vU2m2z_0?t=679

Edited by Sokol1

On 8/3/2019 at 4:41 PM, SamVimes said:

Yeah I have enough trouble spotting as it is, VR is definitely not on my radar.

It was VR that made me a flight sim addict.

Got all the bits I needed for my first premium stick yesterday, got the mongoose t50 cm2 base, and the t50 cm2 grip. I love it so far although struggling to bind the brake lever axis to brakes. Always tries to do it as a button ?  I'm continuing to use my old x55 throttle for now, which I always really liked, but will probably pull the trigger on both new peddles and throttle over the coming year.

6 hours ago, ACG_Herne said:

t50 cm2 base, and the t50 cm2 grip. I love it so far although struggling to bind the brake lever axis to brakes. Always tries to do it as a button ? 

Is due a lever peculiarity: press an button near the end of lever course, useful in some games, e.g. DCS World, without cause assignment difficult, as you can select axis by name, besides by movement.

In IL-2:GB you don't have option for select axis name, and happens that button is detected before axis, so try this:

Press the lever full and hold, open the "Wheel brake" assignment window and release the lever, since now the button is being turned OFF and not ON, may are ignored.

If axis are detect, may are inverted, so just click in the curved arrow ahead "Wheel brakes" for fix.

If the above don't solve, you have two options.

In Virpil Configuration Tools disable that button in lever axis.

Or assign the axis by manual editing the file "current.action' in ...IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\input

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/2/2019 at 6:21 PM, SamVimes said:

I have my moments.🤦‍♀️

Wondering which one I'm better off binding for flying twins? The one I'm used to using, "Engines throttle control" or both of the lower ones, "Engine 1throttle control" and "Engine 2 throttle control". Or doesn't it matter?

It depends—how often do you actually use asymmetric thrust? Personally I never use that, so I just bind the non-engine-specific control. I do have the controls to select an engine and feather the prop, that’s important if you lose an engine. If you’re flying exclusively twins, maybe it’s worth bonding them separately. For me I bounce between aircraft type and would rather have the second throttle lever bound to RPM.

On 8/7/2019 at 4:27 PM, Sokol1 said:

Or assign the axis by manual editing the file "current.action' in ...IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\input

Yes, i did that and worked well for me.

Could someone share his key bindings for the virpil t50 cm throttle in il2 bos  ? 

I am trying to find the best assignments for both fighters and bombers ... 

Thanks in advance 

On 9/5/2019 at 4:14 AM, Voss said:

Could someone share his key bindings for the virpil t50 cm throttle in il2 bos  ? 

I am trying to find the best assignments for both fighters and bombers ... 

Thanks in advance 

Here's one of my old layouts. I think I've tweaked some things since I did this, but it gives you some ideas. Basically I cheat by having the extra Saitek throttle quadrant for some more axes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/km9azpo9vj2cpba/IL2 Sturmovik Controls Layout T50 Stick %2B Throttle %2B Quadrant.pdf?dl=0

Thanks a lot Alonzo !

I will start with your settings 😉