Sign in to follow this  
BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part VI

Hello dear friends. The guys in the office already know that if I sit and smile then the screen has a lot of text and tomorrow will be Friday and I read your questions. A smile is an integral part of these diaries.

February begins, so one month of development of BoS is over. Of course, this is a very short period to draw conclusions, but I think that we have everything that we need to make a very good product. We are moving purposefully and steadfastly towards our goal. Amongst the team there is a mutual understanding, the atmosphere is working and it is safe to say that the team that was formed at 1C Game Studios is off to a very good start.

In this diary we publish the third part of the test pilot interview, which will be dedicated to the I-16 aircraft. Once again there is some interesting information and unique shots.

And I put in this post the screenshot of Bf-109. This is the first import to the engine, we still have a lot to do with it. As you can see it is already visible in our simulated natural world.

9.jpg

Full news

• Upvote 1

December ice serious obstacle to conduct operations for submarines.

:lol:

Some interesting comments, Loft - it seems the team are still to make some basic decisions - maybe 64-bit only? I suspect that most of those commentating here will say 'yes, we want a 64-bit game' - but of course we don't know all the details regarding how much extra work it entails... 

• Upvote 1

The 64 bit was very interesting to me...  It should actually decrease their workload if they commit to it (avoids two configs)...

Flight sims are used by people who in general, have great hardware relative to the average gamer.  And it's not like 64 bit is "new technology" anymore...  It's time to commit to 64bit.

I thought the screenshot of the 109 looked great.  I'm really excited for this sim.  It looks like the developers know what they're doing.  So many good things in store for the future I think...

Not sure what the point of the videos are... I guess they're for the Russian speaking crowd? 

Edited by Caveman

Not sure what the point of the videos are... I guess they're for the Russian speaking crowd? 

Hi Caveman,

The videos are interesting: you can enable english subtitles by clicking on the CC (caption) icon just below the video ;) .

Look at that 109!!!!!!! Whoa!!

Thx Blacksix!!

And LOFT its great to hear that you walk around with a smile at the office on Fridays! But is it really because you have plenty of text for an update or it is because its almost weekend?! :P

Edited by Kling

Intesting.... I wonder what type of the I16 the pilot flew. he talks about how hard it was/is to land the I16.... the plane in the movie must be an earlier model.. maybe type 18(??) because in type 24 the use of ailerons as some kind of flap was replaced by a "real" flap system.. this would drastically improve landing characteristics...

S!

Great pic of that Bf109F! Looks darned great to me, can't wait to fly that plane among the others :) Thanks again for the video, I really like that test pilot. He puts things out very clearly and in a calm manner. Fan club for him :D

What version of the 109 is it?

It's a clever way around the swastika issue!

Edited by Skoshi_Tiger
  • Upvote 2

S!

Looks like a Bf109F-4 as it has the elevator struts and armored glass + clunkier cockpit framing. Also forgot to add about the 64-bit..FINALLY! Cheesh have been held back by that 32-bit for so long. And this title would not be the only one having 64-bit ;) :D Tip: AAA fps title coming.

I think the decission to concentrate on 64bit would be right! :salute:

One more vote for 64bits only.

For me Cliffs of Dover became playble only once upgrading to 64bit WIndows and enough memory.

In 32bit version it was frequently crashing - probably because the game ran out of memory.

Yep go 64 bit. Let us use all the RAM we have on our PCs. We are flight simmers have most of us have above average gaming PCs.

That 109 looks great. Oh the AA, how I missed thee. Can't wait to see some cockpit screenshots.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update. I'm very encouraged and excited by the news from the past few weeks. Another vote for 64-bit only from me - it really is time to move on now.

Also like what I hear about map technology improvements, and last week's news on the improved FMs, model detail, etc.

Strong support and agreement for the design approach with its focus on flight-sim essentials (and not diverting effort to 'cool', but once-used then forgotten features like paratroopers - at least at this stage!)

Also pleased to hear about cockpit damage modelling - yet another feature that had been loudly dismissed as impossible in the DN engine by some very loud voices recently.

Edited by kendo

I like the direction this is going.  They seem focused on the primary objective which is delivering a great sim that moves the genre forward with a look and feel that provides for a high level of emersion.  But without compromising performance, playability and FUN.  It needs to be a source of fun???

Nice news and nice Bf-109 picture but i really don't understand the swastika thing...

Thanks for the update and best wishes for the upcoming work!  :salute:

This looks great! I cant wait to see some russian planes start showing up in screenshots. I have been so interested in the russian air force since this announcement. I cant wait to see the migs and laggs and ils. I havent been looking forward to updates like these in a long time. And its so good to be pleased with the direction thigs are going. Just that piece of mind is something to look forward to!

S!

Nice news and nice Bf-109 picture but i really don't understand the swastika thing...

Thanks for the update and best wishes for the upcoming work!  :salute:

They are suggesting the Swastika without showing it...being politically correct since in some places it is illegal and many others offensive.

They are suggesting the Swastika without showing it...being politically correct since in some places it is illegal and many others offensive.

Yeah, but it's a bit strange while having a huge red star in the official logo...never mind, not a real issue to be honest. :sorry:

A beautiful video and very good interview, congratulations you are in right direction.

With good marketing strategy and good videos, Placed on right internet websites, will be a success ... all is marketing.!!!

I do not like what I say but it's true

The balance Between the sides is the key of  marketing.... If They create something unbalanced .. the numbers of players will be Decrease soon.

;) 

Am I the only one who doesn't understand a word of those videos?

Am I the only one who doesn't understand a word of those videos?

That depends if you are the only one who hasn't read RegRag1977's post above...  ;)

beautiful picture!

what's wrong with the swastika in a World War II game?

Flying in a bf109 turns someone into a Nazi? 

The Second World War was one of the worst moments of humanity.

The swastika is the symbol of that time, a symbol of discrimination and pain, a symbol that caused this:

I found this information and translated

List of dead from World War II

Soviet Union = 27000000

China = 15000000
Germany = 9800000
Poland = 5600000
Jews = 5,000,000
Indonesia = 4000000
Japan = 3500000
Yugoslavia = 1700000
India = 1580000
Indochina = 1,000,000
Romania = 900,000
France = 800,000
Hungary = 750,000
Italy = 600,000
Croatian = 595,000
U.S. = 500,000
Great Britain = 450,000
Czechoslovakia = 400,000
Lithuania = 350,000
Greece = 250,000
Latvia = 207,000
Ethiopia = 205,000
Holland = 200,000
Philippines = 147,000
Malaysia = 100,000
Finland = 97,000
Belgium = 88,000
Burma = 60,000
Korea = 60,000
Pacific Islander = 57,000
East Timor = 55,000
Bulgaria = 50,000
Canada = 45,000
Estonia = 41,000
Australia = 30,000
Albania = 28,000
Spain = 22,000
New Zealand = 19,000
South Africa = 11,000
Norway = 10,000
North Africa = 9,000
Denmark = 7.000
New Guinea = 7.000
Thailand = 5600
Luxembourg = 5.000
Iraq = 4,600
Southern Rhodesia = 4,000
Brazil = 2,000
Malta = 1,500
Mongolia = 300
Iceland = 200
Iran = 200
Ireland = 100
Portugal = 55

Mexico = 35

Edited by Mustang

what's wrong with the swastika in a World War II game?

Flying in a bf109 turns someone into a Nazi? 

:rolleyes:

The issue has been beaten to death in the past. Let's not turn this update into yet another endless discussion about swastikas in flight sims.

The swastika means pain for too many people, we MUST respect all of the deads of the Second World War.

Wars are the worst in the world. We should not see anymore a swastika and . We should not see anymore  people killed by war.

Politicians make wars but, The common people and children died in wars.

But politicians do not die in wars...Think about it..

sun rise....swastika....italian facist symbol.....templar knights symbol......

Its not a game of facists killing inocent people like a GTA. Its a ww2 air combat simulation. 

To me ok if don't have a nazi symbol at a german plane. but turn less historical.

1. Will we be able to hit button for combat flaps,take off, landing?  2. Will we be able to move a lever like on saitek quadrant for radiator?

right now in Clod it is terrible for the 109, it's basically guess work how they have it set up. I would like to see flaps work like IL2 1946 and radiators like Rise of Flight.

1. Will we be able to hit button for combat flaps,take off, landing?  2. Will we be able to move a lever like on saitek quadrant for radiator?

right now in Clod it is terrible for the 109, it's basically guess work how they have it set up. I would like to see flaps work like IL2 1946 and radiators like Rise of Flight.

i love the flap setting in CLOD for the 109! If the flap was lowered by a wheel it should be done that way in BOS as well. Radiator control in CLOD is also done very well and works very well! Lets stay on that path!

Hi Caveman,

The videos are interesting: you can enable english subtitles by clicking on the CC (caption) icon just below the video ;) .

Hi Caveman,

I don't have a CC caption icon just below the video???

Edited by pilotpierre

i love the flap setting in CLOD for the 109! If the flap was lowered by a wheel it should be done that way in BOS as well. Radiator control in CLOD is also done very well and works very well! Lets stay on that path!

the problem is you don't have a wheel or a window crank so you have to hold a button or move a lever back and forth and then leave it in the middle which I like for the prop pitch but not for the radiator or flaps. Are you just pressing the flaps down button? How do you know when to stop? Are you using a joy axis for either of these? These things are important for flight simmers who have lots of controls and want to use them.