Beebop

Spanish Civil War Missions/Campaigns

Posted (edited)

I have used the search feature and so far have been unable to find any.  I would like some Single Missions and even a Campaign if they are out there somewhere.

I can make up some SCW scenarios in Quick Missions but something that would have a few surprises would be nice, something more than an aerial encounter. 

At this time I find the Mission Builder intimidating and too complex for my old brain.  (and, I come from the IL-2 1946 FMB which is much simpler IMO).

Maybe (probably) I just don't know where to look.  If anyone can point me in the general direction it would be appreciated.

Moderators, if I have placed this in the wrong place feel free to move or remove it in which case, apologies. 

Edited by Beebop
  • Like 3

I am not the youngest any more, and I was also "terrified of the mission editor, but on You Tube you'll find a lot of video that will definitely give you your" old brain "new momentum.
Good faith, it's not as hard as it seems.
Nice greeting

I'm using I-16's for both sides as both the Republicans and the Nationalists used them.  Ju-52's on the Nationalist side.  A proper SCW would need a lot more pre-WWII planes and especially an early 109B or D, even an E would work and SB bombers.

I use the Kuban map to sit in for Spain as the other maps are flat as pancakes. 

For now I'm just creating some dogfights and transport intercepts with what the game offers.

I was just wondering if anyone had made a  more fleshed out SCW scenario mission or campaign with what is currently available..

1 hour ago, Beebop said:

I was just wondering if anyone had made a  more fleshed out SCW scenario mission or campaign with what is currently available..

Not sure why any of us would bother with such an effort since the plane set doesn't exist in the sim, never mind the map.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Not sure why any of us would bother with such an effort since the plane set doesn't exist in the sim, never mind the map.

Never mind.  Sorry I asked.  I just thought someone might have used some imagination. 

2 minutes ago, Beebop said:

Never mind.  Sorry I asked.  I just thought someone might have used some imagination. 

A bit too much imagination involved with this one I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

A bit too much imagination involved with this one I think.

Yeah.  Who would have ever thought that you could pretend to fly through the air with a small metal box of wires, melted sand and a a glass plate?

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Beebop said:

Yeah.  Who would have ever thought that you could pretend to fly through the air with a small metal box of wires, melted sand and a a glass plate?

I give up...who?

Hello Beebop, as far as I know there have not been any campaigns or missions made to cover this period, however, if you look around the skin sections I know the I-16, 109E, Ju-52 and U2VS have been covered in Spanish colours, possibly a He-111 as well, so as in the old Il-46 there is scope for anyone with experience of the editor to at least make some simple missions to give us a break from the normal stuff available.

Most of the fun in the old game came from those with a little imagination and some ingenuity creating something a little different for us to play, if skins have been made then I think it fair to say there is a little interest at least. ;)

Many have also suggested the theater as a possible future module, although the usual suspects seem to always decry anything like the Spanish Civil War as not being economic, just ignore them and live in hope I say. :drinks:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Like 2

Thank you Mission Bug for understanding and for taking the question seriously enough not to be dismissive. 

2 hours ago, Missionbug said:

Most of the fun in the old game came from those with a little imagination and some ingenuity creating something a little different for us to play,

Yep...like the short Darwin campaign I was planning when I thought we'd have the Zeke relatively soon, using the Kuban map as a stand-in...(since we have the P-40)

Lacking imagination and seeing no interest in using a completely disparate plane set and map to represent something else are two different things.

I know you get that...that post is for Beebop