Han

Developer Diary 222 - Discussion

1 minute ago, Han said:
Dear friends,

The time flows and the Summer draws near, and we're another step closer to the release dates of our projects. For Bodenplatte, the biggest chunk of work to be done is the map. With first cities, settlements and airfields done, the work continues on placing the rest of them according to historical data. In the code, we have begun the long-awaited work on aircraft AI improvements: for instance, in the next update, we plan to release the improved formation logic. For Career mode, new squadron emblems, military ranks and awards for all three countries will be finished soon. 

screenshots of another one - German Sd.Kfz. 7/1 halftrack with 20 mm Flak-Vierling 38 AA gun:

we have some new WWI aircraft cockpit screenshots, S.E.5a and Albatros D.Va. 

Today we can show you the PzKpfw. III Ausf. M crew and PzKpfw. IV Ausf. G interior:

And to finalize this Dev Blog we would like to show you the new promotional video for Battle of Stalingrad created by =HH=Pauk.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 4

New AI logic!! Yay!

Thanks very much for the update, and for your hard work.

Posted (edited)

Fantastic news! looking forward to all the improvements! Thanks for all your great work o7

Edited by Asgar

One step closer to the Mustang. More and more eager to fly it.

Keep the dream working. Thanks!

I would suggest getting that kind of trailers for each expansion. They are awesome and might decide a lot of pilots to enter into the Il-2 franchise.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Guest deleted@32648

AI, nice.

Nice work, especially on the trailer. For the Sd.Kfz.7/1, is that the only skin for it? Vast majority of the vehicles in 1944/45 like in bodenplatte should be based in dunkelgelb rather than panzergrau. 

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Sweet. 

Things like AI improvement, better formations  and the addition of re-arm/re-fuel really goes to show when the devs say that they will get round to it when they can, they really mean it.

All the little things people want out of this are slowly but surely falling in to place.

Please get some more icon options in the game. 

Keep up the good work!!

Edited by AeroAce
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Formation logic: sounds good!  Perhaps a slower more gentle turn at waypoints?  

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Major AI improvements sound awesome! I'll be thrilled to fly in proper finger four! Cheers!

Thank you for the update, great work. That trailer is really, really good and I second the motion that Trailers for each major expansion would be a good idea. Refuel and re-arm for aircraft sounds very exciting, even though that is a long way off, and the P-51 gets ever closer!

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Kind Regards,

MDS1

23 minutes ago, LF_Gallahad said:

Keep the dream working. Thanks!

I would suggest getting that kind of trailers for each expansion. They are awesome and might decide a lot of pilots to enter into the Il-2 franchise.

Yes, that's what we're doing. Many more AV elements will be added to the website and the website will be changed over time.

Jason

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 13

In May-June we plan to implement repairing, refueling and rearming (which later will be also applicable for aircraft).

This looks promising! I'd love the ability to reload at airfields.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, thenorm said:

For the Sd.Kfz.7/1, is that the only skin for it? Vast majority of the vehicles in 1944/45 like in bodenplatte should be based in dunkelgelb rather than panzergrau. 

Very good point and yes, I agree that the paint scheme for any new German Bodenplatte vehicles should be something other than gray. 

• Upvote 1

For some of these vehicles, it would be great to have both, so that vehicles with long service lives could appear in era correct camos. 

• Upvote 2

Really love the trailer.

Can't wait to see the Arras map and I'm super hyped for the Me-262 and P-51D. 😄

Fantastic surprise for a Tuesday!  Thank you devs for your epic interaction within the community.

Would be nice to be able to post a youtube comment on your video. 

• Like 1

IL-2....The gift that keeps on giving!

That's what I call a surprise!

Great trailer! And very nice news I must say. I think it's great that the Rearm/Refuel/Repair will be possible for both (tanks and planes)! Thank you for your efforts and time you put into this great simulator. Can't wait to see the new features in action.

best regards

Rico

Great job with these updates!

And really thumbs up on the video. Well made!

34 minutes ago, TexasWarbird said:

Would be nice to be able to post a youtube comment on your video. 

We found it's best for important videos we use in marketing to be comment free and let the viewer just watch and not get influenced by comments. Some videos are good for comments and others are like commercials where no comments are wanted. We also posted the video on FB and you can comment there. You can also like the video on YT, but as you can see some people have decided even a nice video like this is thumbs down. The negativity of the "internet" and people in general never ceases to amaze us.

Jason

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 18

So a tanksim brought refuel & rearm to a flightsim. How funny is that.:dance:

Depending on what has been said on the forums about RR feature, I get it`s a tricky idea from gameplay pov. I wonder how you guys implemented it.

Me after reading the latest Dev diary.

salieri.gif.dc46bf881784cc92a6f39d05b686880f.gif

Thanks for all the continuing work that you do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I was a little curious about the new AI vehicle models that would have to be made for Bodenplatte. Good to see how they're coming along!

I hope that in the next patch (with the Me-262) there will be the ability for pilots to exit the airplane on the ground because I wouldn't want to be stuck in the cockpit with a burning engine with no way to escape.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 7

The re-arming thing is really exciting, I'm hoping you can do it in career mode, but also hoping it's a little more complicated than just landing on the field -- at the least having to taxi to specific re-arm or re-fuel areas on an airfield and wait a semi-realistic amount of time for the ground crew to do their thing.

8 minutes ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

In May-June we plan to implement repairing, refueling and rearming (which later will be also applicable for aircraft).

It would be awesome to see some animated mechanics loading the ammo, and fixing damages and a fuel truck pumping next to the aircraft.

It could take some minutes (bathroom break :crazy:) and the plane can be attack during this delicate period of vulnerable process ....

I live all the ideas coming along from the DEVs!!! :yahoo:

That could be great opportunity to do a base attacks with some actual meaning

3 hours ago, Dakpilot said:

Nice 😎

Cheers, Dakpilot 

Took the word out of my mouth.

Just what I was thinking when I saw there was a dev update - Nice. 👍😀

• Haha 1

Great little video... if that doesn't get you fired up, nothing will!

Thank you for this update and your continued dedication. Your heart is in it.

That promo video is really really good, btw!

Very nice indeed.

Refueling and rearming works flawlessly in DCS, no reason it cant work here... Tho for some reason a lot of active forum members were much against this feature last it was brought up? 
  Cant wait to try the new planes as they roll out!