Sign in to follow this  
=FB=VikS

Ju-87D question

Maybe anyone seen any detailed information about geometry of Ju87s?

Especially that we interested it:

- wings dihedral (V);

- wing incedance;

- wing airfoil type.

Also any kind of specs/test reports - especially on aerodynamics are welcome.

Junkers Ju 87 Stuka                                        Goettingen 256 (root)                           Goettingen 256 (tip)

Construction details about Luftwaffe aircraft is rarely found in Luftwaffe documentation, but rather in manufacturers documentation or test facility reports. As what was not destroyed of German records was captured by Allied forces, Allied archives are more likely to have this information, such as the UK Archives or the Smithonian. However, records stored there are not as quickly available as downloadable handbooks.

Based on what I've seen an incidence of 1?

Let me go thru my books when I get home. I will scan anything I have that may have the information.

I do know that the Stuka D's airfoil from root to tip was the Goettingen 256 airfoil as was already stated, but I don't have any coordinates for it.

I found this about the wings from  "Legend JU 87 Stuka by Robert Jackson;

page 14 "the centersection was at an anhedral angle of 12 degrees from the fuselage while the outer sections had a dihedral of 8 degrees producing the famous 'inverted gull wing' that was the stukas main recognition feature.

allright, its a göttingen 256

profile without flaps, if you want you can get the flaps section too, just in the mood to calculate a bit, maybe do another run tomorrow to be a bit more precise

Cl=0.329
    AlCh=14.85
    AlCl=-12.35
    Clch=1.91
    Clhl=-0.80891
    Cd=0.010551

@ Chord  40,784%

if you need the wing focus points just let me know

Edited by =LD=dhyran
  • Upvote 2

allright, its a göttingen 256

profile without flaps, if you want you can get the flaps section too, just in the mood to calculate a bit, maybe do another run tomorrow to be a bit more precise

Cl=0.329

AlCh=14.85

AlCl=-12.35

Clch=1.91

Clhl=-0.80891

Cd=0.010551

@ Chord  40,784%

if you need the wing focus points just let me know

its confirmed by shape - that it's NOT Gottingen 256, check it here: http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/231-vopros-po-samoletu-ju-87d/?p=12917 (its clear - as Gottingen 256 had flat underside, but Ju-87 photos confirm that it's not)

PS: ive contacted David Lednicer long ago (the source site about Gottingen 256) about source and his answer was "I found the information in a document, many years ago. I don’t remember what the document was and the information could be wrong."

its confirmed by shape - that it's NOT Gottingen 256, check it here: http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/231-vopros-po-samoletu-ju-87d/?p=12917 (its clear - as Gottingen 256 had flat underside, but Ju-87 photos confirm that it's not)

PS: ive contacted David Lednicer long ago (the source site about Gottingen 256) about source and his answer was "I found the information in a document, many years ago. I don’t remember what the document was and the information could be wrong."

good find, i will go into my lib tonight. From the drawings its closer to a clark yh profile

the airfoil dtatabase illinois stated also the goettingen 256

Junkers Ju 287                                             Ju 0.9 23 10.7-0.825-40                  Ju 0.9 23 12.7-0.825-40 Junkers Ju 87 Stuka                                        Goettingen 256                           Goettingen 256 Junkers Ju 88                                              ? 14.9%                                  ? 11.7%

strange