BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 56

Hello, dear friends and founders.

Today I'm going to tell you about the most recent news of the development. The past few days has brought several significant changes. Firstly, we have 3game versions now: early access, closed beta and developer version - the most content rich one. But what's more important is that closed beta version is already way ahead of the early access build. This means that the playable version goes through double bug filter and also fits our timelines - that's a solid attribute of a controlled release schedule by the way. So both content and game mechanics get properly tested, and you get to play the most bug- and glitch-proof game build that can be possibly provided on the current stage.

As I said, we keep a good speed, and the beta version is ahead of the early access by two planes already (Yak-1 and Pe-2) and two game modes: Quick Mission builder and Multiplayer.  Well, we keep this up - and we have quality game to release. Meanwhile, flying Pe-2 is full of some peculiar pleasure. It's hard for me to describe all tiny traits of its character with words, so let's take landing for example. Somehow it makes me adore and hate this plane at the same time. Landing speed is almost as low as stall speed, that's why landing actually looks like a series of bouncing on the airfield, or landing turns into a control semi-spin on ultra-low altitude (it may sound like a joke, but it's pretty much true). The plane is unique, I love how we made it.

We're going to tell you precise dates when these two aircraft will be added to early access, since they are almost ready now. Quick mission editor has a more complicated story. There're still quite a lot of bugs in the interface which is extensive and has plenty of cross connections. So it remains in the test room for some more time. The state of Multiplayer is more optimistic and complex at the same time. It has been working fine since the first test day but I personnaly find it incomplete. I believe you're waiting for more than it features at this moment. And we' as its creators, don't feel ready to hear your annoyed jabber about it. Yes, we do know that the mode is not ready yet. But on the other hand I realize that such early debugging (even if it's smooth enough) can definitely be useful. The sooner we get the test results - the sooner we start fixing the discovered issues. That's why we've decided to at least show you the basics of multiplayer mode. We're start-upers here, we're allowed to risk.

This will happen next week, on March 15th. You'll get all the necessary info in the next dev blog, and this time - only general info. We'll set up our own servers. They will run the same scenario for everyone but at different difficulty settings. There'll be several servers of each kind. We'll try to have servers on both sides of the Atlantic to provide better connection to all players. Also we'll contact people who has already offered their servers next week, and if the Universe is surprisingly generous to our genre then we may have more servers. Details will follow, just wait for the next dev diary note.

The version in this week's early access is mostly devoted to fixing bugs and preparing the game for the up-coming multiplayer session. All currently unavailable missions will be unlocked, some mistakes will be removed, and you may find some new details in the game.

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

• Upvote 1

Yes awesome! Maybe some info if the limited access will vanish with the introduction of multiplayer?

Cheers and thanks for the update. I hope everyone will be recording their first multiplayer sorties next week. Will definitely be fun to watch!

And by the thanks for all the screenshots you've suggested - we will post them on the site next week.

• Upvote 1

Yes awesome! Maybe some info if the limited access will vanish with the introduction of multiplayer?

Yes please. I will be able to devote myself more to this sim when this is removed.

Ehm... ehm. :blush:

Changelog?

As you may have noticed we've posted them a couple of times max. So there won't be any. You are not testers, we don't want to make you search for things. If there's something new and pleasant - then you'll see it, get surprised and enjoy it :)
  • Upvote 3

Thanks for the update and excellent news, Loft

So the multiplayer is already activated, may I ask what the maximum amount of players was during tests, and if it caused the fps to drop? Or were no problems encountered?

Good news about mp, I just hope we can get a decent connection in Australia as I imagine most servers will be on the other side of the world, it hasn't been an issue in ROF where I can play on most servers without issue, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Hi Zak, would it be possible to post some more screenshots of the Pe-2 in game if available? :)

As you may have noticed we've posted them a couple of times max. So there won't be any. You are not testers, we don't want to make you search for things. If there's something new and pleasant - then you'll see it, get surprised and enjoy it :)

The only thing that would be nice to know is what controls are active in each plane and which ones are active even though the graphical representation may not be included yet, I'm never sure if I have mapped all the available controls, but I understand your point that we are n ot testers but are enjoying early access and some of these things are just not available as yet.

Sounds like it's time for another "What are you seeing in the latest update" thread.

Sounds like it's time for another "What are you seeing in the latest update" thread.

Augh....

It would be nice to hear of any major fixes, but I guess we can just discover them.

I wonder if the crash to desktop with the " Il-2.exe has stopped responding" thing was looked at or anything done in regards to it, not sure how many had that but it certainly has been happening to me since the addition of the launcher and the new build.

Thanks for the update, as a single player I am anxiously looking forward to the QMB and any info on a career mode.

Has the "No FFB" issue been fixed?

Pretty sure I saw where Zak commented in another thread, that this has been addressed and fixed.

I hope they have implemented trim on the Lagg. I guess we won't have to do a re-install of the launcher

"Annoyed jabber" :lol: .

That's about right!

Thanks for the update.

• Upvote 1

O yes, another Friday is here at last, it's called BOS day! :) Well thats what I like to call it anyway. (All efforts of this sim, even at present, are greatly appreciated). Thank you.

If anything special and significant is added - it finds place in the dev blog. If it's only bug fixes then we just fix them without bragging about solving our own problems.

FFB issue was taken care of. How exactly - you're going to see by yourselves.

Trimmers are not here yet. I know some of you are eager to see then so I consider it as some big news and you'll know about it:)

This time neither installer nor launcher were changed, so you shouldn't encounter any basic difficulties when starting the game.

• Upvote 2

Can't wait to fly.

Sorry Zak,

I'm finding it too much of a pain to fly without trim! Look forward to it being implemented along with the QMB.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the update and excellent news, Loft

So the multiplayer is already activated, may I ask what the maximum amount of players was during tests, and if it caused the fps to drop? Or were no problems encountered?

MP has been tested with a couple dozen testers at one time. Their aren't that many closed testers so it's not going to be a big test. The average MP session, even after we release will not be 64+ players no matter how much we or you would like that. MP is performing well so far. If problems we'll look into it.

Jason

Sorry Zak,

I'm finding it too much of a pain to fly without trim! Look forward to it being implemented along with the QMB.

And I sorry to hear that, ChocsAway, but that has to wait a bit more. Imagine how great you'll feel when the trimmers are finally available!
  • Upvote 2

lagg and trim ...

the more you fly without any trim the better you will be when it will appear ....and you will have to be very good to face our 109 's    ;)

So thx the dev team for no lagg trim .....good and necessary practise time !

Yep i ' m already out ....and not totally wrong though ;)

Edited by 13Nrv

MP has been tested with a couple dozen testers at one time. Their aren't that many closed testers so it's not going to be a big test. The average MP session, even after we release will not be 64+ players no matter how much we or you would like that. MP is performing well so far. If problems we'll look into it.

Jason

Thanks Jason, that is excellent news. 64 players is already a large number, so it offers many possibilities.

Joy! A new update! And finally i have my new graphic card to play the game the way it's mean to be played!

Many thanks for your effort! :D

Just a little question: I tried to log in the game, but i recived the message " update your game" ... was i too impatient to play or am i missing something important?

• Upvote 1

Just a little question: I tried to log in the game, but i recived the message " update your game" ... was i too impatient to play or am i missing something important?

Just a little impatient, 20:00 GMT.

Does this mean we're getting the Pe-2, Yak, and MP next week?  The MP part seemed pretty clear, but I'm not so sure about the Pe and Yak.

I wonder when the game will work in offline mode? well considering last week's political development :-/

Annyway keep up the good work :-) эта игра является удивительным!

~S~

Wandalen

Aaaaargh!!! Too mutch time to wait .... nooooooo .... aaaaarghhhh  :P

Sei la solita burbaccia !!!!

Outstanding to see MP coming next week.  As I understood the update, it was MP and not the Pe and Yak coming next week. MP is a biggie IMO and being able to fly with my Squad Mates is what it's all about for us. A major :salute:   to the developers. 

I'll just be a PITA :)  and add that the trim is a big deal to many.  I only fly the F4 109 which has trim.  I have tried the other planes of course but it's really tough without trim to fly them properly IMO.

Edited by 9./JG52Ziegler

Good job and I hope all team enjoying their pancakes this week))

I am downloading!!!!!

Yiha

196.98MB

& flying toooooo

Thx so much for heads up, dear devs

Edited by West

As I understood the update, it was MP and not the Pe and Yak coming next week.

That is sort of how I understood it, but the update said that they're going to tell us when we're getting those aircraft, then we're not told.