Sign in to follow this  
TP_Fritz

Trains - and "on Critical Damage"

Earlier today I was thinking about putting a "on Critical Damage" to a Counter from a train.  Once I opened up the mission editor though, I realized that it is probably not that simple.  So, is it even possible to do?  What I'd like to do is, for example, have a train with 8 carriages trip a counter when at least 6 of the carriages are destroyed... but I don't see a way to do that.

Is this possible?

Posted (edited)

A vehicle train entity is counted as damaged only from the locomotive and not the trucks the train pulls. The only way to do this is with individual block entities and not a vehicle train entity. This means that your "train" won't move, but can perform the logic you want.

Edited by No.610_Sketch

I had this conceptual problem too. When a train in motion is attacked and say a carriage or more is destroyed and separates from the train. The train entity is now different with less carriages, and still rolling at speed. I see no way to capture the information of the train state.

This means that if I apply my technique to have trains go through tunnels, if the train has been attacked before the tunnel and has lost some carriages, when he comes out of the tunnel he is again fully intact, which is somewhat weird. 

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe you do because you'll get a server message that "Trucks has been destroyed". That normally means that there's a log file generated.

• Upvote 1

Okay, thanks everyone.  I need the train to be moving, so it seems I won't be able to do this like I thought, or hoped, I could.

• Upvote 1