Sign in to follow this  
Trooper117

What happened to March?

lol!... no March update?

Or, as seems more likely, have I missed a post on the subject.

8 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

lol!... no March update?

We are in the process of creating a v4 alpha which will likely be put up on Steam and released to our beta testers.

We will be delaying the update till the alpha is ready and we can use  visuals from it.

Thanks  ✌️

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

From Buzzsaw on the ATAG forum;

Everything is going well, new planes being added, map progressing, sound additions, music, etc.

However, as is the circumstance sometimes with our Team Members, several of them have had to put down their TF work to focus on real life jobs and family, and because those are key members involved in the compilation process, therefore we are experiencing a bit of a delay in releasing this Alpha/Beta for our Beta Testing group.

So we ask people to be patient, we may have an interim non-official update in the meantime.

No sign of their 'new' PR man for a while now.

Same old, same old.

TF5 is going to be DOA.

Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2019 at 7:25 AM, Leifr said:

Same old, same old.

TF5 is going to be DOA.

Wasn't it supposed to come out last year? I mean it's almost halfway through 2019 at this point. If it doesn't release sometime this year there will be nobody left alive that even knows what cliffs is.

Edited by JonRedcorn
  • Upvote 1

It will come, we all know it will come... it may not be quick enough to suit all demands, but it will come.

Considering the amount of combat flight sims that many own, it's not difficult to spend time flying those in the meantime.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ATAG_kiwiflieger said:

Dead-On Awesome - damn right :new_russian:

Mmmmmm.......it's certainly going to have to be something.

https://steamcharts.com/app/754530#All

I note that testing is underway for another 'campaign'.:(    Since the last - passworded - campaign drove off a lot of Cliff's casual players I do wonder how this sim is going to survive another with user numbers this low?

Is there no one in TFS who cannot simply put a few screenies together of some genuine 'new' planes flying over the new map? 

At least that way people would know this project still has a pulse.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2019 at 6:45 AM, Trooper117 said:

lol!... no March update?

more like nothing until probably May, remember they are only working on their off hours; so it quadruples the time for Development. 

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff

8 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Mmmmmm.......it's certainly going to have to be something.

https://steamcharts.com/app/754530#All

I note that testing is underway for another 'campaign'.:(    Since the last - passworded - campaign drove off a lot of Cliff's casual players I do wonder how this sim is going to survive another with user numbers this low?

Is there no one in TFS who cannot simply put a few screenies together of some genuine 'new' planes flying over the new map? 

At least that way people would know this project still has a pulse.

The numbers just continue to plummet, its pretty disappointing, got into clod way too late.

On 4/19/2019 at 4:25 AM, Leifr said:

Same old, same old.

TF5 is going to be DOA.

You will be surprised with TF 5.0 is released won't you.  🤣

We have delayed the update because we are working on a Steam hosted Beta for our Beta Tester group and we prefer to show something which includes the new map work and new aircraft.

Work continues well, with progress in all areas.

We may release an interim update in the meantime if we can find the time.

• Upvote 2

Hello All

Just to show everyone who is wondering if TF dropped off the face of the earth... no, we are still here.  😎

We are busy right now in putting together our first Beta for the Beta Testing group... it is taking longer than we expected for a number of reasons, mostly to due with the fact we are all doing this in our spare time and sometimes real life work and family demands reduce the available time we have for the game development.

But overall progress on TF 5.0 is going well... all the major aircraft have their 3D work completed, the map development is going well, the new music has been composed, new ships/vehicles are progressing rapidly, etc.

Of course the devil is in the details... as is the case in the example below where you see the new Macchi C.202 Series III model.  (will also be a Series VIII, with the option for versions of both series with high alt engines)

As you can see in the image, there are elements on this aircraft which need work...  the prop blade damage is not implemented, the pilot is improperly positioned, grass still shows through the wing, (that is code work), etc. etc.

All of these details will be fixed, and we'll release our Beta.

Macchi-Bugs.jpg

Overall we are making good progress.

We should have a proper update out for the community in the next two weeks.

Cheers  :salute:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

Appreciate the communication. Very much looking forward to 5.0.

Edited by JonRedcorn

Honestly, Clod still looks amazing and I'm sure it's only going to get better with 5.0. I don't even play CloD past quick missions, never was around for its glory days but I love the look of the game. It has a very crisp look.

Posted (edited)

Buzzsaw,

I'm really confused, although I'm sure you and Jason know what is going on!

Jason announces a proposed new game and you can buy into that game with limited access until official release, although I guess if the company went under I would be interested to see if i could claim through the small claims court!  However,  I've heard for months, if not years now about what Team Fusion would release and indeed I remember the excitement when the Wellington was first mentioned, for me, way back in 2014!

Therefore, surely it would make sense to allow players to buy into something even if there were no strings attached, as currently the CLOD server is a ghost town unless there is some special event, or is this a way of big brother letting a product die gracefully without any of the associated flak!?  Surely the way to go as a salesman would have been to drip feed this TF 5 product with early access aircraft release!?  I used to really enjoy CLOD, but currently it feels like we are having the same issues that we had 3 years ago (Grass through wings etc) and although I will be very surprised now to see TF5 released in the 3rd 1/4 of 2019, surely you can't keep this painful experience dragging out for much longer?

Why not allow early access to the masses for a 50-75% fee and hopefully get the excitement and momentum going again, before the 262, 51 and Tempest suck you dry!

Regards and good luck!

Edited by Haza

52 minutes ago, Haza said:

Why not allow early access to the masses for a 50-75% fee and hopefully get the excitement and momentum going again, before the 262, 51 and Tempest suck you dry!

First, i doubt in 2014 it was more than just modders doing something for fun, so i don't see why should we connect old modding TF with TF developers. BoX devs have it as full time job with founding from 1C. Truth is, early access sucks, it was something good back then but now smaller games have no chance in early access. People will play unfinished product, wont like it, leave bad review and forget. If it's multiplayer game then even worse, many people wont risk their $ on early access, servers wont be filled by people, then these who dont like bugs and small content will leave and even less people will play. You willl get reviews that no one plays multi anymore and even after early access game will have really bad start. Stuff like this aleady happend. Now only big companies can allow early access, it's quite a risk for small studio. You can even notice that on steam, a lot of early access games is 90% finished, it's more like beta access now.

I think early access would do clod more harm than good. Also don't see how 1944/45 west europe expansion would have anything to do with Tobruk 1941/42. There is no choice between the same games, it will be diffrent so i dont really see any competition. One will be in africa, other in europe. And you can already see really bad complains about AI, if people will get BoBP and see me262 turn fighting at low speed... them box will be the one in trouble.

And another thing is, most people don't care about multi, read somewhere that 90% (or something like that) people plays single player in box, pretty sure clod is the same. For now there are just 2 campaigns and the german one is completly broken. People don't play because there is nothing to play. Once they add career, i am sure bunch of people will come back. At least that's what i am waiting for.

• Upvote 3

I honestly don't think early access would be successful. A lot of people have lost faith and trust in Clod..... so their money will stay in their pockets until TF5 proves to be worth the money. If it comes out as bad as Blitz did, I think it will prove to be the demise of Clod.

I think Bos knows the success because it is a simulator that is very oriented arcade. I know many players who have dropped Clodo because it's too difficult for them.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, OBT-Lionel said:

I think Bos knows the success because it is a simulator that is very oriented arcade. I know many players who have dropped Clodo because it's too difficult for them.

Eh? I’m sorry but what’s difficult about Clod?

Thanks for update Buzzsaw...I can't wait to get TF. By the way...you got a PM

14 hours ago, Haza said:

Buzzsaw,

I'm really confused, although I'm sure you and Jason know what is going on!

Jason announces a proposed new game and you can buy into that game with limited access until official release, although I guess if the company went under I would be interested to see if i could claim through the small claims court!  However,  I've heard for months, if not years now about what Team Fusion would release and indeed I remember the excitement when the Wellington was first mentioned, for me, way back in 2014!

Therefore, surely it would make sense to allow players to buy into something even if there were no strings attached, as currently the CLOD server is a ghost town unless there is some special event, or is this a way of big brother letting a product die gracefully without any of the associated flak!?  Surely the way to go as a salesman would have been to drip feed this TF 5 product with early access aircraft release!?  I used to really enjoy CLOD, but currently it feels like we are having the same issues that we had 3 years ago (Grass through wings etc) and although I will be very surprised now to see TF5 released in the 3rd 1/4 of 2019, surely you can't keep this painful experience dragging out for much longer?

Regards and good luck!

As has been mentioned several times, the nature of the business agreement between TF and 1C will not allow for pre-releases or pre-sales of TF modules.

In any case, we want to avoid a repetition of what occurred with TF 4.5 BLITZ, and make sure the product is complete and bug-free.

7 hours ago, 4SCT_Vespa said:

Thanks for update Buzzsaw...I can't wait to get TF. By the way...you got a PM

Sorry, did not receive a PM on this forum.

On 4/21/2019 at 12:44 PM, InProgress said:

[...] 

And another thing is, most people don't care about multi, read somewhere that 90% (or something like that) people plays single player in box, pretty sure clod is the same. For now there are just 2 campaigns and the german one is completly broken. People don't play because there is nothing to play. Once they add career, i am sure bunch of people will come back. At least that's what i am waiting for.

Very true - I hope the career mode will also include one for the channel. While I am thrilled to fly in Africa the Channel will stay my prime interest in CLOD

Here's a recent Martlet screenshot posted by Spiritus. 

Looking at the Macchi screengrab, I would probably have left off the average frame rate of 8fps :(

Desktop Screenshot 2019.04.21 - 11.46.44.31.png

13 hours ago, Mysticpuma said:

Here's a recent Martlet screenshot posted by Spiritus. 

Looking at the Macchi screengrab, I would probably have left off the average frame rate of 8fps :(

Desktop Screenshot 2019.04.21 - 11.46.44.31.png

You are reading something into the screencap which is not there.

And repeating your speculation multiple times will not create a problem which does not exist.

There is no issue with the framerate in TF 5.0 or the new aircraft.

17 hours ago, Eisenfaustus said:

Very true - I hope the career mode will also include one for the channel. While I am thrilled to fly in Africa the Channel will stay my prime interest in CLOD

We are in process of building campaigns for the major TF 5.0 aircraft on both the Channel and Tobruk maps.

Some of the TF 5.0 aircraft are not designed for use on the Tobruk map and some are not designed for use on the Channel map.

As for example, all the versions with tropical filters obviously were not used on the Channel Map... and vice versa.

Some models only saw service on the Channel map... for example, the 109F-1... Spitfire IIB...  Spitfire Va... etc.

And obviously the Macchi C.202's did not see service on the Channel.  And certain field mods of the Hurricane also did not see service there.

Neither did the D.520 see service in the area covered by the Tobruk map.... although it did in other areas of the Med.

8 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

Some of the TF 5.0 aircraft are not designed for use on the Tobruk map and some are not designed for use on the Channel map.

Does it mean we will be able to fly them only on the maps they are designed for? 

That grass in the wing shouldn't be an issue. BoX still has that issue. Fix the big stuff. Put it out. Then update it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/22/2019 at 1:59 AM, Buzzsaw said:

Sorry, did not receive a PM on this forum.

Sent a new PM....Just in case you won't get it...can I sen to you an email? Thanks

5.0 will come when it comes. We have plenty of other high quality flight sims to keep us busy until then. I'm being patient. Keep up the good work. I'll play it when it's ready. Nice screen of the Wildcat! Haven't seen that one yet looks great. Or sorry Martlet.

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2019 at 6:26 PM, CDRSEABEE said:

That grass in the wing shouldn't be an issue. BoX still has that issue. 

What I strongly dislike is that there are people who make a big deal at bugs/problems with CloD, despite TFS trying there hardest. Yet, these people sweep all, if not most of the bugs/problems with BoX under the rug.  E.g parachuters dying when landing in the water: Only happens in BoX.😢

• Upvote 2

The Cod is in the doldrums.

And it's a shame, it's a spectacular simulator ..

You just have to get into the ATAG forum and read a bit. There is a smear campaign, enemies of Team Fusion.

Everything they do is look with a magnifying glass, the threads end up becoming surreal.

Time and budget must be very limited. TF works under hard pressure, always giving explanations ... because obviously it does not make sense that they do not work to implement VR, or do such simple things

how to improve the recording and playback of tracks.

The future of COD depends completely on the success of TF5 sales.

The BOX hooks, it's great ........ but COD is something else, you just have to put your hand after a long time to see the complexity of the flight, and the difficulty of this simulator, not to mention the beauty of its graphics.

Fly it, and when you see how fast the ammunition ends, or how easy it is to melt an E3, or how you end up like a spinning top as soon as you pass rudder ....... you will see that it has nothing to do with any another thing

If we do not buy TF5 the Cod will die, or it will become what it is today ....... a simulator for English people who drink tea while chatting about their little things, and take some flights

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, E69_pienoir said:

....... a simulator for English people who drink tea while chatting about their little things, and take some flights

Hey!... I resemble that remark !

• Haha 1

Reading through the feature list, there is more than enough work to keep a part-time team going well into next year.  

ATAG Pattie reports over at ATAG that there will be a significant update today. 

Cheers MP

• Like 3

This is really my kind of thing if I ever get time enough to utilize it.  I hope I will

I can already see myself lost somewhere deep in the desert and running out of fuel :wacko:

• Like 1