spudkopf

Fw190D9 official 4k Skins historically corrected (default skin updated 06/04/2019)

Please note!

It's been pointed out that the current in game Fw190D9 official skins have a spelling mistake on the tail stencilling in that: 

Beim Sclappen Hohenruder nach unten drücken should be Beim Schleppen Höhenruder nach unten drücken.

Decided I could not let that go so am fixing my Haken versions, will notify when done, leaving the links active for the moment.

For the default skin "fw190d9.dds" the wording has already been corrected.

All have been corrected and are uploading now to the same links below, however it would probably be best to wait and hour or two before attempting to re-download any of them as the upload speed here is pretty ordinary at the moment. Now off to bed, as I really need to get some sleep.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a3c0b66351e94ba21f885f2495dc2530.png

All 

I extracted all the Fw190D9 official skins and put the Haken back in for my own use and decided what the heck i might as well share.

fw190d9_skin_01

fw190d9_skin_02

fw190d9_skin_03

fw190d9_skin_04

fw190d9_skin_05 (replaced on 10/04/19, please contact me if there are further downloading issues)

fw190d9_skin_06

fw190d9_skin_07

fw190d9_skin_08

fw190d9_skin_09

fw190d9_skin_10
fw190d9_skin_Default (corrected to the updated template 06/04/2019)

Turns out the the updated link was fine, have discovered that there is a very subtle difference between the the rotating and static states for the spinners, which through me somewhat, suffice to say if you downloaded today's upload of fw190d9.dds then Alles ist klar!

As Yankee_One pointed out, I had in error used the previous version of the Fw190D9 template to recreate the default skin "fw190d9.dds" and not the current version that was uploaded earlier in the week, sorry about that.  I have now uploaded a corrected version of this skin in the link above above!, luckily all the other official skins where not affected by this oversight!

Spoiler

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.6e85792ef2881cb503e024ddf9d143e9.jpg

h190.thumb.jpg.6c29b020d52020f194ca750f417bfc48.jpg

Enjoy

Edited by spudkopf
fixed link
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 11
  • Upvote 5

10 hours ago, [GG]Sarpalaxan said:

Ich wusste doch da ist irgendwo ein Haken an der Sache.

As my German linguistic skills are restricted to the essentials (getting me something to eat and something to drink, and maybe the odd train ticket) I had to ask Google to translate, but the resulting literal translation left me none the wiser:

"I knew there was a catch somewhere"

So I then ran it by my wife, who being Swiss immediately saw the humour, her frustrated attempts to explain the Hook / Haken elements of the humour to me finally getting through.

It's funny how even humour can be lost in translation. 

Edited by spudkopf
Grammar correction
  • Haha 1

Fubar work!!!😁

Thank you!"!!

Edited by Yankee_One

Thanks a lot!

Is it possible to get these back to the "official" folder (overwriting the old versions without the haken), and if yes, how to do it?

Asking for a friend. 😇

1 hour ago, CrazyDuck said:

Thanks a lot!

Is it possible to get these back to the "official" folder (overwriting the old versions without the haken), and if yes, how to do it?

Asking for a friend. 😇

Yes it is.

Copy the the default skin (Fw190D9.dds) to ..\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\graphics\Planes\Fw190D9\Textures

and the official skins (Fw109D9_skin_*.dds) to ..\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\graphics\skins\Fw190D9

OR preferably

If you know how to use MODS, create a MOD using the following file structures:

..\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\MODS\[Insert Your MOD Name Here]\data\graphics\Planes\Fw190D9\Textures\Fw190D9.dds

..\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\MODS\[Insert Your MOD Name Here]\data\graphics\skins\Fw190D9\fw190d9_skin_*.dds

and activate with JSGME or similar MOD activator.

• Upvote 1

Nice work. Thanks for sharing. :salute:

Doing God's work.

Do you feel like doing this for other German planes?

Edited by Frenchy56

4 hours ago, Frenchy56 said:

Doing God's work.

Do you feel like doing this for other German planes?

Probably will do this as and when the official 4K defaults replace the 2k ones, and If so, I'll also make them available as well. 

I'll probably tackle the K4 ones next.

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, ROTER_BART said:

And so is the 109 F2.... ;)

OK if I can find the time I'll F2 too, will give me the excuse to fly it.

• Thanks 1

By the way to save me some time, does anybody which skins-GTP the f2 is residing?

Never mind it's in 6

There's a truck load of F2s, all of which need to have some ugly scaled up pixilation removed from around the existing Faux Haken, added to this some of the Hakens are rotated at slight angles.

Been at it for over an hour now and I'm only up to skin 03, so may take a few days.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.046d7066d433b1948d7ac9629f33eb4a.png

Edited by spudkopf

Hi spudkopf,

thank you for your work!

You used the old template not the newest one for the D-9, am i right?

Not really, except for the replacement default I just extracted the default skins from the GTP file and corrected each, sadly I may have done this the day before the last hot fix so the skins themselves may be based on an older template.

I already extracted the skins form the latest build and will correct the haken soon, which should be a relatively quick, and I'll also do a new default skin.

In the middle of packing to move house so may take a few days, but I'll get too it soon.

By the way what were the major changes as I had a quick look and nothing immediately jumped out at me, but the size of the templates sometimes makes thing like this hard to see.

From that too this.....

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5bef08129c78d71f9db5d41a1895d885.png

• Like 1

Well I decided sleep was for the weak and have done all the F2 skins.

But that being said as it's almost 1 am, so I'm going to hit the hey and just let the files upload overnight, then link them up tomorrow.

Spoiler

f2.thumb.jpg.23e69f61380abbb87758f47ba4361e0f.jpg

Good night Gentle People.

• Like 2

Thank you for the sacrifice of your regular sleeping pattern.

F2 skins loaded to here:  https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/45166-bf109f2-official-4k-skins-historically-corrected/

5 hours ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

How do we replace the original files? Can they be accessed or are they encrypted?

As was describe a little further up the thread:

On 4/4/2019 at 9:53 AM, ROTER_BART said:

Default = \IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\MODS\[Insert Your MOD Name Here]\data\graphics\Planes\target folder\Textures\?????.dds

Others = \IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\MODS\[Insert Your MOD Name Here]\data\graphics\skins\target folder\?????_skin_*.dds

Going to be busy today, packing and also going for a short road trip to see my Dad for his 84th Birthday, but will try and get the Fw190D9 skins corrected to the latest build version and reloaded sometime over the weekend.

Edited by spudkopf
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Yankee_One said:

Hi spudkopf,

thank you for your work!

You used the old template not the newest one for the D-9, am i right?

Well just checked and all but the default D9 skins are all OK, so have killed the link to the default and will upload a replacement for ASAP, later today hopefully.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Please note!

It's been pointed out that the current in game Fw190D9 official skins have a spelling mistake on the tail stencilling in that: 

Beim Sclappen Hohenruder nach unten drücken should be Beim Scleppen Höhenruder nach unten drücken.

Decided I could not let that go so am fixing my Haken versions, will notify when done, leaving the links active for the moment.

For the default skin "fw190d9.dds" the wording has already been corrected.

All have been corrected and are uploading now to the same links at the top of the page, however it would probably be best to wait and hour or two before attempting to re-download any of them as the upload speed here is pretty ordinary at the moment. Now off to bed, as I really need to get some sleep.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a3c0b66351e94ba21f885f2495dc2530.png

Edited by spudkopf
  • Thanks 4

Just so you know, there's a problem with the download for skin_05 as of now.

Edited by Frenchy56
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Frenchy56 said:

Just so you know, there's a problem with the download for skin_05 as of now.

Not sure what was going on with that file, tried to reload it and it kept uploading in milliseconds, tought I had South Korea 5G, but sadly all it seemed to be doing was uploading the file name, so moved the file to another location and renamed it, but still no luck.

In the end had to create a new folder and upload that, the move the file.

Link for fw190d9_skin_05.zip should be OK now, but if someone else can confirm this to be true then that would be great.

Cheers

Edited by spudkopf
  • Thanks 1

The link in the original post now works but the file name is fw190d9_skin_05.dds oldThe skin looks OK though with the correct stencilling on the tail.

The link in your post above doesn't work though. I get the same error as the original link was giving when I tried to download it last night.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ROTER_BART said:

The link in the original post now works but the file name is fw190d9_skin_05.dds oldThe skin looks OK though with the correct stencilling on the tail.

The link in your post above doesn't work though. I get the same error as the original link was giving when I tried to download it last night.

Cheers

Thanks, that sadly is not what  was meant to happen,  fw190d9_skin_05.dds old was a renaming to try and get the upload to take, will need to investigate a little further, will need to log in and out to see if I can get this working as advertised.

Cheers

33 minutes ago, ROTER_BART said:

Same error, unfortunately.

Thank's for checking, not sure what's up will keep trying to rectify.

OK as a temporary solution I have zipped that skin and upload that instead, there seems to be a 24 Hour cycle on the files statistics so maybe that has something to do wit it, I will attempt to reload the unzipped version of the tomorrow, but until then I will just have to with the zipped one.

fw190d9_skin_05.zip  

Again can some kind sole test it out as I do not trust the results I am getting.

Edited by spudkopf

21 minutes ago, ROTER_BART said:

Yep, the zipped file works.

Thank's for checking.

2 minutes ago, spudkopf said:

Thank's for checking.

You're welcome.

Thanks for sharing those skins. The F2 ones too. :good:

Hi spudkopf,

thank you very much for your patience, i know it was a hard job and time consuming.

I have downloaded all of them, the F-2 too. They are all working.

Marvelous work.

Cheers

Edited by Yankee_One

And next.......

Spoiler

next.JPG.780759e1d4b4af0954c62585e9ebb3c8.JPG

Have just finished doing all 10 of the K4s, uploading overnight and will post thread with links in the PM (AU time), have an early 05:00 wake up (as usual) tomorrow so must try and get at least 5 hours of shuteye before then, sorry about the wait.

Edited by spudkopf
Grammar correction

Also did a minor change on skin 05 as one of the e’s I replaced seemed a tad high, so decided to fix that also.

fw190d9_skin_05

Edited by spudkopf
  • Thanks 1