Sign in to follow this  
dog1

ground object survives attack declaration

Posted (edited)

hi

i have multiple  fuel dumps which when destroyed declare so  as killed  via MCU mission objective , subtitle and mission failed in red on map  . But if they survive the attack 6 mn later how do i declare so as survived attack therefore mission accomplished ? my problem is getting the fuel dump object block to send a message as survived  but there is only moved to .   

Edited by dog1

i did use a timer 6 mn in this case as moved to to links subtitle and mission objective but no show ,then i tried complex trigger  options in between with various settings , no show as well .

Have a timer that triggers the attack command and the 6 minute timer.

Link the 6 minute timer to the logic you want to have triggered if the fuel dumps survive. If they don't survive, disable the 6 minute timer.

here is the problem . the 2 green Blocks incase they survive have only moved to  event  .

mission.png

Posted (edited)

Like I told you:

1 hour ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

There's no event or report you are looking for. Use a timer.

1 hour ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Have a timer that triggers the attack command and the 6 minute timer.

Link the 6 minute timer to the logic you want to have triggered if the fuel dumps survive. If they don't survive, disable the 6 minute timer.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

A) I have tried using a timer 6 mn from the fuel block linked as moved to  the 2 MCU;s you see in the image but no show .

B) I tried using a complex trigger with various settings again no show . the problem is its a static object , with ships complex trigger works for me

C) the attack command is set to 6mn offcourse .

D) the problem is the fuel dump does not send out a message after 6 mn if still alive ,with trains when they reach a certain WP i have then declare as arrived and alive as objective mission accomplished is on the map . the problem is its not moving ,for example with ships the complex trigger will read it as stationary and alive .   

How do you suppose a "moved to" event will trigger for a static block that cannot move?

You seem to have a waypoint that triggers the attack command. Have the waypoint also trigger the 6 minute timer, and forget the "moved to" event thing.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

here it is still no show 

test 1.png

an MCU must force the fuel dump object to confirm it survived  , this is my problem . i cant find anything for blocks . and they are not listed in complex trigger  which anyway deals with planes and vehicles only ..  the only MCU that can handle this is the complex trigger IMO but i cant get it right .,

Edited by dog1

45 minutes ago, dog1 said:

an MCU must force the fuel dump object to confirm it survived  , this is my problem

Why do you need to confirm the survival via the block? You can assume the survival takes place, and just disable the survival success stuff if the fuel dump(s) are "killed". So the MCU in question is a 6 minute timer that you disable IF the object doesn't survive. Think outside the block.

So, have OnKilled messages from the fuel blocks target a counter (so you can control how many indeed need to survive, note that a block can have multiple "sub-blocks" which each trigger the OnKilled event) which in turn targets a deactivate trigger that deactivates the 6 minute timer.

Example logic attached (didn't test, but should work).

rautalankaa.png

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

SUCCESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    i removed the WP link connection as activator and replaced with a begin MCU to the 6mn Timer and it works for both situations for Fuel dump A and  B destroyed and survived . . Much appreciated , thank you .  

Edited by dog1