TheoWisch

IL-2 1946 don't start - Win10/GTX 1080

Hello,

I guess the problem isn't new and posted a few times: My Il-2 1946 Game don't start after installation. If I double-click the Icon nothing happen.

My System is:

- Windows 10 Home 64-bit

- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU

- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I don't find a solution on google and other forums till now. I hope you'll help me.

Thank's

I have not used the CD version, does it require the disk to play, or some other DRM? Best I can say is get it from GOG, seems to be the least problems with their download version, runs on Win 10 for me.

Posted (edited)

I can run 4.12.2, but all higher versions don't even start .... Windows 7 64bit, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Nvdia GTX 1050 ti, nor other PC with Asus Radeon R7360 OC.

I bought the lot for that IL2 quite a while back, 4.12.2m was the latest, but cannot get versions beyond 4.12.2 to work in Windows 7 or 10 ..... sequentially updating from the 4 different 4.13 versions, and then 4.14.1; no in between nor latest version works. .... Any explanations?

Might be a DirectX version issue, but trying compatibility for older windows versions, or even 'run as administrator' NADA.

Edited by jollyjack

If I may, this is an old problem if you installed into the default directory i.e. Program Files (x86) there are problems.    It is highly recommended to install into your main drive.  Mine is installed into a custom folder i.e IL-2 BAT new 3.6 on my C drive.

Hope this helps.

Posted (edited)
On 7/23/2019 at 6:16 AM, Taxman said:

If I may, this is an old problem if you installed into the default directory i.e. Program Files (x86) there are problems.    It is highly recommended to install into your main drive.  Mine is installed into a custom folder i.e IL-2 BAT new 3.6 on my C drive.

Hope this helps.

I always install most programs on an other drive; have to, my boot disk is a small 256 SSD drive.

Every time Windows starts acting nasty i can simply reinstall a (small) older boot partition. Why i hate all those selfimportant software makers defaulting to fill my drive C, besides filling the registry with more and more shit they just leave be after uninstalling stuff again.

I am no fan of Steam, as PS i found a 'buy it' link on Steam around 10 $, but i had it a little with Steam, the ads, the being online needed etc. 

Rather buy on 1G here. I do have some old CD's, found them up to Forgotten Battles, but cannot find the Pacific one just yet ....

ADDED: just bough the full version (again), occasion on Amazon at $10 including shipping of the DVDs. Fingers crossed ...

Edited by jollyjack

4 hours ago, jollyjack said:

ADDED: just bough the full version (again), occasion on Amazon at $10 including shipping of the DVDs. Fingers crossed ...

Good luck,  some how I've managed to keep all my orginal DVD's.  

Salutations,

One can get a working copy from GOG.com for $9.99.

It's an old game. 😑

Hi,

It's not worth to buy new one. I had same issue but I found solution. Have you check your DEP settings? You have to choose upper DEP option in performance options. I'm pretty sure you have lower now. Note picture.

dep_set.jpg