Posted (edited)

Working with a relatively large mission 4mb.  When trying to do target links with the MCU basic properties box, it was taking around 5 seconds for ME to load up all the possible objects that could be targeted.  Things are way to spread out in and in groups to try and link by "find target". Have been dealing with this for a couple days now, and out of desperation, turned off the mcu targets/mcu objects (the green and red lines), and all the other buttons there. This dramatically increase the speed in which the target dialogue box would fill up.  

Any one else noticed this?

Edited by WWSitttingDuck

4 hours ago, WWSitttingDuck said:

Working with a relatively large mission 4mb.  When trying to do target links with the MCU basic properties box, it was taking around 5 seconds for ME to load up all the possible objects that could be targeted.  Things are way to spread out in and in groups to try and link by "find target". Have been dealing with this for a couple days now, and out of desperation, turned off the mcu targets/mcu objects (the green and red lines), and all the other buttons there. This dramatically increase the speed in which the target dialogue box would fill up.  

Any one else noticed this?

I don't notice it until I start to copy and paste objects into the editor, then it takes forever for the pasted object to actually get pasted. However, I have found a good solution to solving theses sort of delays. The secret is to save your objects into groups, and remove the objects from your editor until you're ready for them. Then re-import that saved object.

The long version:

Place your objects as you normally would. In my case, I have some static objects for a shipping objective.

image.png.7ee5ef6fd31ae30fb1ea588b0e84aeae.png

left click and drag to select those objects:

image.png.ba57d7d48861e5cbacc7852d8e4a657f.png

right click the selected objects to get a context menu... Then, select group objects:

image.png.c9d635f4dc47448d576e78d8648ba4d0.png

Rename the group in the properties box to something logical (in my case, static shipping objects):

image.png.80aa681dbd4f361905c90e9914c4d460.png

With the group still selected, goto file -> save selection to file:

image.thumb.png.8bfe63905f2421e0314da04e443f8b48.png

name the file to something logic (in my case, static shipping objects), and save the group

image.thumb.png.6d87202c0d07783245962bf432d5aa8f.png

Then you can delete the group from your mission by selecting the group (if it's not selected) and hitting the delete key on your keyboard:

image.png.9be26fef8fb7e85ed0e22562238635f6.png

Do any other work you need without a performance hit! 

When you're ready to bring the group back into the mission, goto file -> import from file:

image.png.c5e83571daa05cbc4dfd367e79c43e9b.png

And import your file into the mission. It will automatically be placed exactly where you last left it before deleting it. 

image.png.0d50fb21da2d1dd791dee38bea296733.png

Here's what my mission looks like when I do this procedure. As a bonus, I get a cleaner outline too:

image.png.16a17dfd517d626c96467a95c9dc5e00.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1