Sign in to follow this  
III/JG52_Gunrall

Vkb gladiator mkII config doubt

Posted (edited)

The mode button does not serve a game function. It enables the buttons on the stick handle, not the base, for a second set of commands.

For instance in Mode A you may program the trigger for Weapons Systems I Fire and with the pinky button Weapons System II Fire. In Mode B the trigger could be used for brakes and with the pinky button depressed Fire Flare Gun. Same applies to the top hat and large button in the center.

When you are ready to program the buttons on the stick select Mode A or B before binding the key or the input will not register in game.

I found no reason to use the VKB config app provided as IL*2 key mapping picked up everything out of the box.

Edited by Gordon200

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Gordon200 said:

The mode button does not serve a game function. It enables the buttons on the stick handle, not the base, for a second set of commands.

Can create profile - if not available in VKB FTP,  that apply "mode" in base buttons too, doubling their functions.

The default profile don't include base buttons because buttons number will surpass the usual 32 buttons limit used in most (flight) games - exception IL-2: GB (64), DCS (128), X-Plane (not sure) - what will lead certain kind of players to complain that buttons are "DOA" (this happens with "pinky" button, set as "shift" for top buttons).

Available profiles for Gladiator - profile readme inform if "pinky" or "mode" buttons are enabled or are just DX buttons.

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Profiles/Gladiator/

For example:  GL_A4_B17_HAT1_0.cfg - in this profile "pinky" and "mode" buttons are just DX buttons.

File name: GL_A4_B17_HAT1_0.cfg 
Short Description: Axes: 4, POV:1, Buttons: 17, w\o pedals

Firmware version: 1.80.8
VKBDevCfg-C version: 0.77.5.5
WIZZO version: 0.73

Description:
Number of Axes: 4
Axis 1: X (Roll)
Axis 2: Y (Pitch)
Axis 3: Rx (Yaw) 
Axis 4: - (not used) 
Axis 5: Z (Throttle)
Axis 6: - (not used) 
Axis 7: - (not used) 
Axis 8: - (not used)

Number of POVs: 1

Number of buttons: 17
MODE: none
LEDs: red
Shift Mode: none

Edited by Sokol1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Gordon200 said:

The mode button does not serve a game function. 

But you can make the mode/pinky button to act as regular joystick button.

Here on this link is explained how.

Edited by blackram

Posted (edited)

Ok, then i need to do a profile with my vkbdevcfg to make mode button to work with il2. I will need a BIG tutorial, first time doing profiles.

Edited by III/JG52_Gunrall

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, III/JG52_Gunrall said:

Ok, then i need to do a profile with my vkbdevcfg to make mode button to work with il2. I will need a BIG tutorial, first time doing profiles.

Nope. Just look at my last post. Follow the link and change the mode/pinky button to act as regular button on the joystick. After that go to controls section within the Il2 and there you can designate the mode button to whataver function you wish. Just pick the control you wish (let say "bombs") and press the mode button on the joystick.

Edited by blackram

Just now, blackram said:

Nope. Just look at my last post. Follow the link and change the mode/pinky button to act as regular button on the joystick. After that go to controls section within the Il2 and there you can designate the mode buttons to whataver function you wish.

But i want mode button acts as a mode button, now it acts as a normal button. I need a lot more buttons.

1 hour ago, III/JG52_Gunrall said:

But i want mode button acts as a mode button, now it acts as a normal button. I need a lot more buttons.

Ahh sry, you can do that also in the VKBdevcfg so the mode button act as mode/switch key.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, III/JG52_Gunrall said:

1st - Mode button for default apply Mode 2  to trigger,  thumb button and POV HAT (4 buttons).

"Pinky" button is "shift" for trigger, thumb button and POV HAT.

So you have 20 functions in this two buttons + POV HAT (4 buttons).

post-979-0-43714800-1444132720.jpg

Base buttons is not include due motive explained above.

If what something different, need:

- Try with profile from the ones available in VKB FTB (linked above).

- Create your own profile in VKB DefCFG, that is save in joystick EPROM memory.

Edited by Sokol1