LeLv30_Redwing

Single mission with player controlled tank

Hi guys,

I was wondering is it possible to make player controlled Pz-IIIL mission (or group), if you dont´t own Tank Crew? I tried putting "Player" to lead tank of "TankGroup"  but that didn´t work at all. Any idea of where I went wrong or are tanks only for quck mission at this moment?

Hi

It is available somewhere, unfortunately I do not remember where, the title is probably "Cleansing of Stalingrad". I passed it on the T-34 by adding Tigers to it, but unfortunately I was only idle, not attacking and not responding to my fire. Maybe the reason was the lack of "Tank crew" or my total inability to create a mission in the editor.

I found one by Thad,  changing KV-1 to Pz-IIIL in editor didn't work, I can see the tank, but outside. Guess I have to get TC in order to drive the tank and get it into movie...

Only some tanks are able to be player controlled at the moment. The versions with the _ (underscore) at the beginning, so...

From the top of the vehicles list
_pziii-l

_t34-76stz

From the bottom of the vehicles list

_kv1s

_pzvi-h1

All other variants are AI only.

15 hours ago, TP_Silk said:

Only some tanks are able to be player controlled at the moment. The versions with the _ (underscore) at the beginning, so...

_pziii-l

_t34-76stz

_kv1s

_pzvi-h1

Yes, but is it possible to create a group with those tanks, what is playable in single mission without TC?

You would typically need to have one player controlled tanks and the rest AI-controlled I suspect. You would then need to set routes/waypoints for all the AI tanks. No reason that you shouldn't be able to from what i can see. I don't build single-player missions very often, but I'll see if I can grab some time over the next week to put a simple one together and see what happens.

Thank you, Silk. Getting into tank would give my project literally a new perspective 👀

On 3/8/2019 at 8:07 AM, LeLv30_Redwing said:

Thank you, Silk. Getting into tank would give my project literally a new perspective 👀

Are you a movie director?

Posted (edited)

I'm doing some rework on one of my Breach The LIne tank missions. It is one in my HOLD THE LINE series of missions.

The upcoming one will feature the player in the Pz III as a promising panzer company commander.

Game patches tend to make prior missions not perform a originally create... therefore the needed rework.

This one may be posted sometime today. Stay close to your comm stations for incoming details. :salute:

Edited by Thad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

ALERT!

Non-Historical Single Player Set Piece Tank Mission

PLAYER: German 

MISSION: As Company Commander, your panzers must advance East of Peschanka to capture the town of Volzanka and if possible capture the expected fuel reserves.

Time: 09:55

Date: 25th August 1942

WEATHER: Overcast with Rain

MAIN OBJECTIVE: Destroy defending Russion forces, capture Volzanka and if possible capture their reserve fuel depot.

SITUATION: It has been just over two hours since our liberation of the town of Peschanka. Equipment repairs and replacementes have been completed. The main force began its' attack towards Pravoe tweny minutes ago.
Ineffective enemy resistance is anticpated but remain cautious. 

Our light recon tanks will be point. Platoon one will advance along the right side of the road to Volzanka. Panzer platoon two will advance along the left side of the road. Heavy Panzer IV platoon three will follow along the left side while the Stugg platoon will proceed, in trail, along the road.

RE-ENFORCEMENTS: Light assistance from our air forces. 

Pz III L Mission by: wdboyd 

As always... report any constructive comments about the mission... especially if it is too easy.

Player Note: It is possible to win without capturing the fuel depot. To capture, a certain number of your tanks must get within the area just East of the town and South of the depot. Failing that, the mission will end at a designated time as a loss. Of course heavy Axis losses will not be good for your career either. There will be some random Russian rocket firing that may or may not be much of a factor.

Please place the included mission files and the Audio Folder in your games Missions Folder. Thanks and good luck.

Oh, excessive Praise is always acceptable. 😀

Battle Stations!

BTL_Mar_13.zip

Velzanka.PNG

Edited by Thad
Clarification
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2019 at 1:40 AM, TP_Silk said:

_pziii-l

_t34-76stz

_kv1s

_pzvi-h1

Oh boy, I feel so stupid at the moment...

I tenaciously tried to make tanks without "_"  player controlled and completely missed the "_pziii-l" object from the top of the vehicle list, even after you quite clearly pointed that out.

I'm so happy Thad made that mission, because only after studying it in a editor, I realized how simple the solution to my need had been, and it had been right in front of my face the whole time!

Thank you for your time spend with a retard 🙈

No problem.... you'll fit right in with the rest of us retards. 😀