Sign in to follow this  
WWSitttingDuck

Land Canvas, NDB and probably more

With the addition of that annoying airfield icon that displays approaching enemy, we now need to give objects such as land canvas and ndb a nationality.  If left neutral, the base will show up as being attacked thru out the entire mission. Not sure what other objects might be included in this list, but have a feeling there are others.

We have always had the option (emphasis on option) of showing if our base was under attack with an NDB.  

If this is true, I assume this is only if we make the land canvas and/or NDB a linked entity? 

Are we talking multiplayer?

How does the sim know a base is being attacked?

Posted (edited)

Yes, multiplayer.  And your right, I should have said if you are running a mission with land canvas or NDB that is a linked entity, you can not leave it neutral.

Ran one of Vander's missions we have flow before in the past.  He had some NDB's and Land Canvas on our airfield.  No one could figure out why it said we were under attack the entire mission by vehicles.

Edited by WWSitttingDuck
  • Thanks 1

I've always made Land Canvas, NDBs and the like faction aligned after making them linked entities, so nothing new. Maybe I'm the odd one out in doing that. And yes, both count as vehicles for some obscure reason.

I was under the impression you *needed* to align the NDB with one of the factions for it to work correctly, otherwise pilots could be guided to the opposite side's airfields. But this is good info nonetheless.