I love the new sounds that have been coming out recently, was just curious to how others feel about them vs. some of the older sounds because it seems like some of the older sounds cant even hold a candle to the new ones.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

wasn't even aware there are new sounds. Seems Im deaf😂

Look at the update notes. 

21 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Look at the update notes. 

Aren't they only for the ww1 planes?

23 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

Aren't they only for the ww1 planes?

Yes but i was talking more in general since the sounds have been vastly improved on the newer aircraft and stuff.

• Upvote 1

What do the diving and shaking sounds at high speeds look and sound like? I'm still at work :)

i like the turbo charger on the P-47, you can really tell its on. before all you had was the blinking red light.

18 minutes ago, -325th-Porky- said:

i like the turbo charger on the P-47, you can really tell its on. before all you had was the blinking red light.

There's a new sound on the P-47s turbocharger? I thought it was always there.

1 hour ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Well the new WWI machine gun sounds are great. I love them!

Agreed, they have a terrific punch to them.

3 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

The p-47 has some weird issues now with the turbo spooling even though engine boost is set at 0, I was just flying along and the turbo was spinning at 30k rpm, with no turbo on, then turning the turbo up it lowers the turbo RPM, you could hear it spooling like crazy. This was all right after take off at low altitude it shouldn't even be able to reach those speeds especially with the boost lever all the way back. Supposedly the engine modes are switching all randomly as well but I didn't see that one. I can make a video if that would help.

1 hour ago, 71st_AH_Barnacles said:

Yes I've been looking at the turbo behaviour. My conclusion is that it's just too weird to work out what to do to fly the p47. It seems a bit broken now, which is sort of testament to the achievement of getting the turbo to work in the first place as it must have been really complicated to code. I'm sure they'll look at it in due course, it's early access after all.

51 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

There's a new sound on the P-47s turbocharger? I thought it was always there.

its probly the same... its just now with the new update. its spooling up to 2000 rmp and running up to 3500 rpm not soon after takeoff... with turbo settings at 0%. you can diffently hear it over engine and contines to whine even after engine has blown and prop has stopped. 

Love the WW1 MG sounds from the cockpit.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, -325th-Porky- said:

its probly the same... its just now with the new update. its spooling up to 2000 rmp and running up to 3500 rpm not soon after takeoff... with turbo settings at 0%. you can diffently hear it over engine and contines to whine even after engine has blown and prop has stopped. 

I'm pretty sure it's a new sound. I've done a lot of high turbo flights in the previous patch versions, and this is the first I've heard that sound. Once they've gotten the RPM feedback loops fixed, it going to be very cool to listen to that thing spooling up as you get into the thinner air. 

And I am guessing it's an issue with the stability of the feedback loop somewhere. Since its running off of the difference between engine exhaust pressure and external air pressure, and changing it changes the engine exhaust pressure, it's got a wicked feedback loop going.