chiliwili69

Which VR headset?

Which VR headset?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Which VR headset?

• HTC Vive
    • Oculus Rift
    • WMR 2018 (Dell, Asus, Acer, Lenovo, HP)
    • WMR Samsung Odyssey or Odyssey+
    • HTC VivePro
    • Pimax5K+
    • Pimax8K
    • WMR HP Reverb
    • Oculus Rift S
    • Valve Index

Posted (edited)

In the past we have a poll which didn´t allow to edit or introduce new devices:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/27278-about-vr-and-vr-devices-used/

So, Just created a new poll in the new forum style and it will allow me to incorporate new devices that appear in the future.

Please, vote just one option (your favorite headset if you have more than one)

Edited by chiliwili69

Posted (edited)

I tried the Rift now multiple times, but it simply is not enough to win me over. I was about to buy it until I came to the conclusion I would regret not buying a better one.

People flying with Oddesey in DCS tell me it is much better. But they got 2017 and up cards. I am not sure I am ready for upgrading my 1080 TI just yet.

And there you have it, the constant climb for best hardware, finally GPU keep up with the sim, but now it does not vs VR. 

After all these years upgrading to improve sim experience I grown tired.

So I await and see what happens, Where is the development on VR going, and will there ever be a good enough GPU and CPU to run them?

Edited by LuseKofte

Posted (edited)

Oeps, I was the guy that still going to use the flat world for playing BoX and would see later  :blush:

BTW I do miss something like “other” as Lunafeste use an Pimax4k as a sample. 

Edited by Dutch2

3 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

I shall hold my vote till the odyssey+ gets here, should be here tomorrow.

Please tell me when it arrive. I can see we have pretty similar system. On how it works in terms of ground targets and smoothness. All I want is adequate graphics and playability. how is instruments and such things. I am lousy in recognizing plane anyway 

16 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

Please tell me when it arrive. I can see we have pretty similar system. On how it works in terms of ground targets and smoothness. All I want is adequate graphics and playability. how is instruments and such things. I am lousy in recognizing plane anyway 

Yeah I'll let you know for sure. I am very excited about it. 

I'm on the Rift and the immersion wins hands down over the lesser resolution.

However I've ordered the Odyssey+ and hope it will be in my hands in a fortnight then we shall see if I like that better.

I have two headsets, but I can only vote for one.

Posted (edited)

I have three headsets: Rift, Odyssey and "+". Of the three I consider the original Odyssey as the best. The Odyssey and "+" are significantly different products.

Edited by Dagwoodyt

4 hours ago, Dagwoodyt said:

I have three headsets: Rift, Odyssey and "+". Of the three I consider the original Odyssey as the best. The Odyssey and "+" are significantly different products.

So you if playing BoX mainly with the Rift, I would then vote for the Rift. 

Been using VIVE PRO for a couple of months now. After long hours of tailoring my rig, modding the headset with the GEAR VR lenses, installing 3dMigoto and a beefy GPU upgrade i can say that the performance at this moment with this build of IL-2 is on point. Running steady 90FPS on high preset, 2x AA, high clouds etc. Running a little less steady 90FPS when using ultra preset but still well flyable except for big furballs above frontline troops.

But i have to say i have invested a lot of money and time to get to these results and although it is a truly awesome experience and i would never go back to 2d its in retrospect too much money and time.

I'm absolutely not impressed with the way the improved performance of the PRO scales with the price. It has crappy headphones and a crappy mic and the fact that i had to sacrifice a GEAR VR for the lens upgrade (which is, for me, a monumental improvement!) on such an expensive HMD is bizarre in my opinion.

So i voted for the HTC Vive PRO because i use it and i like (Not just like it is absolutely awesome!) the way it performs right now but i would not recommend it to others unless you are willing and able to invest heavily with time and money to make this beast work.

o7 The Chanceless

On 3/6/2019 at 3:26 AM, Dagwoodyt said:

I have the original one and I wish It would have the no SDE filter. I know the unconfortability is a big disadvantage in the +

I have the original vive but I plan on getting the Valve Index.

I dont use the Vive much, the strap is very uncomfortable and the low res gets tiresome after a sortie or two.