NETSCAPE

Schlachtgeschwader 1 CO-OP Event Poll

Schlachtgeschwader 1 CO-OP Event Poll  

13 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What aircraft would you prefer to fly?

• Hs 129 with 6 x SC50 bombs
    • Bf 109 E-7 with 1 x SC250 bomb
    • I do not prefer one but would like to stick to a single aircraft type for the entirety of these events
    • I would prefer to alternate between the two aircrafts in the mission rotation
  2. 2. How many back-to-back sorties are you willing to participate in? (estimated sortie time = 30 minutes +/- 10 minutes)

• 1 sortie
    • 2 sorties
    • 3 sorties
    • 4 sorties
    • As many as possible.
  3. 3. How much fuel would you prefer?

• Full fuel load seems to be historically accurate.
    • Half fuel load would make sense based on the close proximity to frontline.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/19 at 07:00 AM

Posted (edited)

I have been working  many hours on a Schlachtgeschwader 1 CO-OP super mission / freehunt / mini-campaign. And prior to an event listing I'd like to ask some questions to those who are interested in some CO-OP ground pounding with the under-dog planes!

Here is the Tentative Event Date

Here is my CO-OP thread. 

---

How will it work?

CO-OP differs from "dogfight" servers in many ways. The most obvious one is that you select a plane slot in the CO-OP lobby. You essentially have 1 pilot life per mission. There is no "spawn zone" at an airfield you select. All the plane slots and individual starting locations are by design as you can see below. ("Ducks" are Hs 129's player slots and "Swifts" are Bf 109 Emil).

20190228161305_1.thumb.jpg.931cf291dbf63bf34032ac03638d0d51.jpg

In single player there is no way you could get AI planes to taxi and take off from these positions. And in multiplayer "dogfight" the spawn zone is just a block or rectangle. CO-OP has a huge advantage here as far as I'm concerned.

What do you mean by "freehunt" , "sorties" or "mini-campaign"?

I designed this huge mission with multiple target-rich areas. Each area has 3 possible variations - 1 will be randomly selected at the start of the mission. Aerial encounters and their subsequent patrol zones also use this random trigger logic. This should greatly add to replay-ability.

After you finish your mission/sortie you won't be able to re-spawn at an airfield like in "dogfight" servers. The next mission in rotation will automatically start when everyone is finished.

My plan is to make multiple versions of this same mission and simply change the time of day forward 90-120 minutes each mission. This should give the impression of flying multiple sorties over the course of a day.

Here is the map showing the target area's for our missions. As you can see there isn't pin-point icons marking very specific targets, instead there are zones. These zones may have a variety of target types, many of which will require a keen eye to spot them in tree lines, ravines, camo nets ect). But if there are 12 of us (+2 fighters for cover) I think we should be ok. :)

20190228161120_1.thumb.jpg.68bb96017a56faa7a3ddfe79db8d81fd.jpg

I will make a Hs 129 version and a Bf 109 E-7 version each with 12 plane slots for full Staffel strength sorties.

It would be awesome to see a Staffel of both aircraft types but I am afraid that we will hit performance issues with 24 planes. I am not certain about "how much is too much" in multiplayer situations, yet. 

Edited by NETSCAPE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see lots of voters but hardly anyone actually signing up for the event in my CO-OP thread.

Do you guys just love democracy that much or do you actually want to go blow shit up together???

10 hours ago, NETSCAPE said:

I see lots of voters but hardly anyone actually signing up for the event in my CO-OP thread.

Do you guys just love democracy that much or do you actually want to go blow shit up together???

I want to fly Red 🙂

• Haha 1

Hey guys the 129 event was a blast. Now lets try and get a full Staffel of Emils in the sky!!!