GOA_Walter_Nowotny

Issue with Check Zone command

Dear Mission editors team:

Greetings from Chile, I have a issue with the Check Zone command. I want certain AAAs to be activated from the Lapino base when a German plane enters the Russian area, and these AAAs are deactivated when the German plane leaves the Russian area. In addition, other AAA will be activated when the German plane is even closer. And the same for these AAA, will be deactivated when the plane leaves a certain area.
The problem is that when you try a German AI plane everything works. But if I go flying, it does not work. It's crazy because it works with German AI, but not with German Player. I'll be ignoring something?

It is for multi-dogfight

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnk96lypzrbtny3/Dogfight.rar?dl=0

Thanks for your help.

I think there’s an issue with check zones online. Use complex triggers or proximity triggers.

Check zones can only be used for AI or pre-defined players as in single missions/coop. This is by design. In the early days of RoF there was only single player & coop game modes.

Complex triggers should be used for spawned entities as in "Dogfight" multiplayer. Note that nowadays you can also use complex triggers to detect AI planes: Use " Check planes" tick box.

Hi Syn Vander,

But some multi maps uses this command. I remember Taw, KOTA.

I think the same that you think too and checked. 

And works with check zone command.

Maybe in Lapino map dont work because it size?

Salute

1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

I think there’s an issue with check zones online. Use complex triggers or proximity triggers.

Check Zone works very good in online when using DServer.exe, but when I set the server from the game menu Check Zones didn't work in the same mission.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Check Zone works very good in online when using DServer.exe, but when I set the server from the game menu Check Zones didn't work in the same mission.

Then, like Gambit said, this may be an issue aka bug :)

FYI, Coconut logged a bug report re. this problem.

Edited by JimTM
  • Like 1

Interesting bug, though. "Back in the day" (- I dunno, a year or two ago?) I went through my online squadron's missions and replaced all my complex triggers with checkzones (and associated logic) to save resources.

It'd be weird to have to go back and retrofit online missions with complex triggers!

[Having said that, I've been away from the sim for a few months, so I don't know much about the last couple of updates.]

Well, I use a lot of checkzones for Coop mission (TC and BOX), launching from PC (no Dserver) and in every case it works rightful with IAs and Players... Maybe bug is related to anything more than checkzone MCU per se?

• Upvote 1

Just now, PA_Yren said:

Well, I use a lot of checkzones for Coop mission (TC and BOX), launching from PC (no Dserver) and in every case it works rightful with IAs and Players... Maybe bug is related to anything more than checkzone MCU per se?

You are right, the Checkzone MCU works fine in coop missions, but if you use them specifically in a Dogfight mission on a non Dserver PC they wont activate.

• Upvote 1