NETSCAPE

What volume setting do you use?

Volume Level Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What volume level do you use in IL-2?

• 1-10%
    • 11-20%
    • 21-30%
    • 31-40%
    • 41-50%
    • 51-60%
    • 61-70%
    • 71-80%
    • 81-90%
    • 91-100%

Hi guys I am playing around in the mission editor with custom audio files to be played. There is a huge issue though. The in-game volume does not adjust 3rd party audio files.

So if you would be kind enough to "vote" for what you have your il-2 audio volume set to that would be helpful. This is the IN-GAME volume %, not your windows volume %!

If most people use a certain range I can adjust my custom audio to fit the in-game sound volume and perhaps make this work decent somewhat. 

Unless things have changed, turning down the in game volume means you lose certain effects. Keeping it at 100% and adjusting it in Windows means you keep the effects and still adjust it to match your TS preferences.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Unless things have changed, turning down the in game volume means you lose certain effects. Keeping it at 100% and adjusting it in Windows means you keep the effects and still adjust it to match your TS preferences.

Thank you! I will try it!

I find max game volume I can't here people on discord as volume is too quiet on coms, and u just can't make it high enough to hear over the game.

I'd like the game to have a master volume control and one for inside cockpit.

So these results are what I expected and feared... Until the game volume adjust the Media MCU playback as well this is going to annoying. People won't hear it who play at 100% and headphone users who play at 10% will get REKT... 

Yeah based on these results and how the game doesn't adjust volume... I have scrapped the idea of using custom audio completely. 

thanks everyone

Hard of hearing so 100% what realy pi---sy me off is Windows 10 or 7-8 xp what have you DO NOT think there are folk with hearing problems 100% in windows is no good for me.

I have a ASUS sound card and that is ok hooked up to a volume control and wear headphones speakers are no good for me well I suppose at 75 cant expect much. Still enjoy my flight sims.

5.1 headset so i usually run about 4%, windows master sound is at 50% headset itself pretty much between 4 and 5 (it goes to 10)

game is still bloody loud.

i'm not missing anything, i can hear engine sputters and wind through broken canopies, fluttering, mg fire etc.