Sign in to follow this  
IckyATLAS

WWII Asset Pack

The title is very DCS type. But I would love that instead of planes and tanks, that we could also get the opportunity to buy an asset pack in terms of objects library to populate our World when designing missions.

Edited by IckyATLAS

The asset pack/object library is in the editor.

A separate DLC will not work, and everyone has to have the same things available or whatever you place will not show up in the mission for others....that's just how it works.

So I'm hoping for a good variety of objects/new objects for the next release.

We're getting behind on static aircraft even for the past 2 releases, never-mind BobP.

Edited by Gambit21
  • Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

So I'm hoping for a good variety of objects/new objects for the next release.

We're getting behind on static aircraft even for the past 2 releases, never-mind BobP.

I completely agree. I'd love some more modern static planes to decorate airfields. Do we usually get editor/asset updates a little bit before the release of the actual game expansion? Any clues to schedule this time around?

The ground/static assets have not been updated in quite some time, and are thus becoming more outdated. 

Nothing to my knowledge was added with Kuban, and it appears little if anything with Moscow. They added a static Ju-52 which is nice, but a static version should be added with each aircraft as it comes along.

If created at the same time it’s little more than an afterthought. Now it’s becoming a bit of a project. Thus I’d like to see them catch up as soon as possible.

Not to mention all of the other things we need for immersion’s sake. Tractors/bulldozers, cranes/lifts, general airfield junk etc.

• Upvote 4

Yes I totally agree with this. The airfields are lifeless, soulless places and so rather unrealistic.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, sammydee said:

Yes I totally agree with this. The airfields are lifeless, soulless places and so rather unrealistic.

That’s a matter of mission design.

We have the ability to create live airfields already - we could just use more stuff to increase variety is all. Especially with BoBp on the way.

On 2/22/2019 at 9:24 AM, Gambit21 said:

That’s a matter of mission design.

We have the ability to create live airfields already - we could just use more stuff to increase variety is all. Especially with BoBp on the way.

Exactly! I've been doing fine creating 'lively' airfields, it's just every now and then I'm forced to actually use a real A-20 and that uses a ton of resources (plus the gunner fires at bad guys, not usually what you want for a static asset!).

Do the in-game official missions use the same asset pack? (i.e. is there an incentive for the developers to add stuff too?)