Valis

Multiplayer: Very choppy performance

FPS is fine, my CPU & GFX card are nowhere close to maximum, and I'm on fibre, but during multiplayer (SP is OK) when I'm looking in the direction of 'live' objects, even when far away from my aircraft, IL-2 gets really rough.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Valis said:

FPS is fine, my CPU & GFX card are nowhere close to maximum, and I'm on fibre, but during multiplayer (SP is OK) when I'm looking in the direction of 'live' objects, even when far away from my aircraft, IL-2 gets really rough.

Hi,

have you checked your camera settings in the game? Have a look here:

2113055031_Camerasettings2_2019.thumb.jpg.d0eeeaf0619082f6c05676581bd430c3.jpg

Now be sure to uncheck the "Cinematic" option, which blurs your head movement. Also, if you use a TrackIR or a similar device like OpenTrack etc. try to set all

inertia (*) parameters to 0%.

Cheerio

If you use track ir, try setting the light acceptance level to 255 within its native menu.  I had mine set to 90 and it was cutting out momentarily just like this.  Try several different servers in mp.  I also think it has something to do with logic in the missions  depending on who made them that is causing the stutter, because i only get it 50% of the time.

It's not the camera, or Track-IR settings - it only happens when looking at (or towards) 'live' objects during multiplayer.

This is recorded from the same mission. When I scan to my left everything is OK. When I look right, towards my home airfield, it falls to pieces.

It might be possible that you are running into something that I ran into after the update.  Prior to ver 3.010, I typically ran with Full Screen checked, and things were very very smooth.  After the update, things started getting micro-stuttery in Multiplayer, even though fps was reported as extremely high.  It was bad enough that I even started to feel a little motion sick at times.  I ended up unchecking Full Screen (to run in borderless windowed) and it seems to have smoothed things out quite a bit, bringing me back to where I was before.

If you are already running in borderless windowed mode, I don't know what to tell you.  I don't know if it helped or not, but I also deleted the startup.cfg and allowed it to rebuild itself cleanly, just in case, and then went back in and re-did all my settings via the GUI. 

Here's another example - everything is fine until something 'live' comes into view. What's interesting is the IL-2 beside me changing skins as it comes into view. Maybe this is a clue to the cause? (I've tried running with 4k skins on and off). Again, it works fine in SP.

• Upvote 1

I had similar issue. It's not the trackir because stutters remains after disabling trackir. I changed something in the NVidia parameters and it helped. Insert your Nvidia config so we can compare it.

Set full screen off , that helps a lot !

I have the same problem , FMB is oke ...online its a bigg mine freeze like a slide show ……. 1k monitor no trouble , 2k monitor and settings ...freezes ...it drives me crazy

Naamloosqq.jpg

i go back to basic setting , and try to find out whats wrong step by step

setting il2 start 1.jpg

setting il2 start 2 1.jpg

Edited by 1.JaVA_KEBEN