Mm1ut1

Bug or equipment failure? Throttle failure thrust master 16000

My throttle works fine on takeoff, but won’t hold setting shortly after. It’s either 0 or 100%. I have about 400 hrs on it. No warning and I only play IL2 with this computer. When I check calibration in the key input section everything is fine. This started today, no prior problems. Bug or just worn out ?

Have you tested it in another game? If the same thing happens, it's safe to say it's worn out. 😑

I only play this game.😎

HOLY COW I have been fighting with this for like 3 hours now same issue.

6 hours ago, Mm1ut1 said:

My throttle works fine on takeoff, but won’t hold setting shortly after. It’s either 0 or 100%. I have about 400 hrs on it. No warning and I only play IL2 with this computer. When I check calibration in the key input section everything is fine. This started today, no prior problems. Bug or just worn out ?

I checked in Windows and everything works fine.  I fire up the game and check configuration and throttle looks fine.  When I am flying the throttle will go to O or 100%.  If at that time I go check on the calibration it will not move.  

I have reinstalled the game today as I had a hard drive issue.  But this is the only game I play and same issue I am going to disconnect my 16000 throttle and test it.

Ok I figured out my issue I was playing in single player and if I have the settings on Custom I had this issue if I put it on Expert it went away.

5 hours ago, Mm1ut1 said:

I only play this game.😎

Is not need other game for test if  throttle work OK, open Windows Games Controllers - type joy.cpl in Start/Cortana box and hit enter, select you joystick and test.

If throttle are working OK in this test, I bet that the issue is because you guys are leaving some engine "aids" active in game controls -  "cruise control" or something similar, then the AI control throttle. ;)

I had enabled the autopilot when playing offline just prior to the problem. I switched to expert and the problem disappeared. Go figure! Thanks aughter ! I was just about to order another stick when I saw your post ! 

Posted (edited)

Bug? I keep addressing autopilot, setting key to A and/ or a button on the T16000; sometimes it works, more often NOT ... must try that .... thnx

it's still the same, some times it works, sometimes it doesn't. That is for the keyboard A button.

Even after reloading a mission with the GB game active. Tried to find some solution in a conf or ini file in the games folders ....

ADDED INFO: Few days later: took the plunge, on advice from someone here on the forum. Sent the 19000 back, bought a warthog set, got lucky, found a new one at about 2/3rd of the going price, with an alas malfunctioning membrane switch under a pushbutton on the stick, (9x9 mm type). any one has the right part for sale or knows where to get it. Thrustmaster is ridiculously expensive for an about .50. to 1.00 $ china made membrane switch ...

But the on and off functioning keyboard buttons like the A for auto pilot are still there. keyboard works fine in other programs BTW.

Now i found that on the controller unit the A functionand others  programmed there also misbehaves at times. So it must be somewhere in the gam's settings IMO.

Hate to reinstall the lot if i know where to find a solution or do a functions reset somewhere in the game settings .... Manual is not very clear there.

I still have to try 'expert'', as rookie somehow scary lol.

Edited by jackd
added info