-=NT=-Baur

Baur`s KG 13 Grip.

Hi guys. In this topic I want to talk about the work on KG 13 Grip. I do not speak English. And so you have to use Google translator.
I worked on it for almost three years. So too lazy to read the whole topic, can immediately see photo finishing work - http://avia-sim.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=629&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=705
post-2357-0-41146100-1392971036_thumb.jpgpost-2357-0-73067800-1392971039_thumb.jpgpost-2357-0-20042400-1392971093_thumb.jpgpost-2357-0-51057100-1392971096_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 8

Baur, that looks fantastic. I know its more or less an replica of the real thing but would be cool to have a handrest. Maybe its must have for simmers. I know that the stick itself is better looking without handrest.

Baur, that looks fantastic. I know its more or less an replica of the real thing but would be cool to have a handrest. Maybe its must have for simmers. I know that the stick itself is better looking without handrest.

Handrest an a KG13??? It is all about the look and the feel of the original, that is what you pay for. If you would put on a handrest, then you could just simply go and buy any consumer joysticks. They are probably all much more comfortable, practical and function rich than this beauty.

• Upvote 3

Handrest an a KG13??? It is all about the look and the feel of the original, that is what you pay for. If you would put on a handrest, then you could just simply go and buy any consumer joysticks. They are probably all much more comfortable, practical and function rich than this beauty.

I generally agree with you....thats why I said the handrest would make this ugly and not "hardcore". But IMHO its somehow needed in sims cause most of us have joystick on desk not down there btw legs. But I suppose Kg13 owenre would make pits not "simdesking"...Oh well...

and btw

5y4wfn.jpg

Tikvic,

If someone would ever take the effort to create a Mig29 grip replica for simmers for plenty money, wouldn`t you expect something like the one on your picture?

Tikvic,

If someone would ever take the effort to create a Mig29 grip replica for simmers for plenty money, wouldn`t you expect something like the one on your picture?

Your right. I get your point. 

I do not understand your argument. Google Translator gives incomprehensible explanation.   :biggrin:

You can still look here in this topic - http://avia-sim.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=810  :salute:

This one is fantastic!

15_62_309.jpg

would be a dream come true if you would make grips for VKB! Imagine this grip (in metal ofcourse) and VKB mamba base (mechanism). shhh

Edited by tikvic

I see. I understand you are doing all by yourself with high standards in mind. Wonder what would be the price if this goes to serial production (maybe even with somehow reduced quality and attention to details) but still good enough.

Bah! me dreaming

Edited by tikvic

This one is fantastic!

15_22_279.jpg

But this design have one HAT above the thumb rest - "crap" ergonomics! :lol:

Sokol1

Your work is fantastic. I want to buy one

Edited by driftaholic

What would you like to buy? Write a letter - brd-2014@inbox.ru

Hm, there are two HAT ... I'll make a rough 3D printing. To evaluate the ergonomics. And only then do the work.

That looks wonderful.

Now, how can I fit this with an extension onto my MSFFB2? :)

Hm, there are two HAT ... I'll make a rough 3D printing. To evaluate the ergonomics. And only then do the work.

Bauer, what I say is not serious, just a joke with Tkivic "crusade" against (Defender/VKB) grip ergonomics. ;)

Sokol1

The first time I did not understand. :biggrin:

Now, how can I fit this with an extension onto my MSFFB2? :)

I do not know! Must ask the German Engineers (joke) :rolleyes:

Sokol1

On your pic you cant tell. On the pic below you can see that its not entirely true. The hat is just sliiightly above the trigger. Not an issue and the grip overall looks "hardcore" and "replika like"; good enough not jeopardizing ergonomics which is IMHO important for simmers. Look at this pic for clarification:
2643szq.jpg

BTW, IMHO, buttons placement and hat placement is just perfect and teh whole grip itslef is a mix of "real thing lookalike" and "gamers equipment". Nice mix. 

Bauer, what I say is not serious, just a joke with Tkivic "crusade" against (Defender/VKB) grip ergonomics.  ;)

Sokol1

LOL, Im not on a crusade against anybody. I love VKBs work, spec on Mamba and King Cobra. I dont think Cobra`s grip is ergonomicaly crap. I think it could be better thats all. Its a matter of preference after all. What is important is precision and mechanics/durability. And that is where Mamba excells.

Edited by tikvic

A Mamba light base, with an extension and this KG13 grip from Baur. 

If at all possible, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

I hope someday it will be possible and that it is all compatible.

I hope someday it will be possible and that it is all compatible.

No, I will not make more KG13 grip.

It has no financial benefit to me. The product turned out expensive. Small series disadvantageous. A big I will not do.

I have this pen and I am very satisfied. I did it primarily for themselves.

I think for its VKB Mamba themselves will grip.

It saddens me to hear this.

Thanks for doing it nonetheless.

I hope Eduard will make it possible to fly this sim one day in the setting of a 109 fighter.

Fingers crossed.

Baur, thanks for all the pictures and insights. It opened up a possibility I never thought existed.

I hope you will develop something (throttle? Hint hint), for your talent must be put to use, somewhere   :)

Baur, thanks for all the pictures and insights. It opened up a possibility I never thought existed.

I'm glad you liked my work. For those who want to buy - is available in black and gray KG13 grip.

I hope you will develop something (throttle? Hint hint), for your talent must be put to use, somewhere   :)

If a hobby turns into a business - fun at work will not. And now I'm free "artist."  :)

Thank you again!

Hi,

So I have an awesome KG ordered 13 of = Baur = and get even!;-)

I must say that at first I had to consider whether everything works, but it worked!

I do not know how it is with the shipping in different countries, to my Germany it worked!

The delivery took forever, about a month.... post office and customs ...

So I can only say that you get from = Baur = a really great stick,

great support during shipping and everything farther!

Again Thank you = Baur =

and to all the people who plan to order one KG13.... does it, you will be amazed!

Ciao carh451

Translated with google

Hi,

So I have an awesome KG ordered 13 of = Baur = and get even!;-)

I must say that at first I had to consider whether everything works, but it worked!

I do not know how it is with the shipping in different countries, to my Germany it worked!

The delivery took forever, about a month.... post office and customs ...

So I can only say that you get from = Baur = a really great stick,

great support during shipping and everything farther!

Again Thank you = Baur =

and to all the people who plan to order one KG13.... does it, you will be amazed!

Ciao carh451

Translated with google

Whats the price of the stick?

Whats the price of the stick?

"280 евро или 380 долларов."

:)

Sokol1

Edited by Sokol1

To Carh451:

I am very pleased that the pen (KG 13) arrived safely in Germany! :dance:

To Sokol1:

Thanks for the help!  :friends:  I wonder - how do you have time to visit different forums?  :good:

S!

Looks awesome Baur. Impressive work :) 280€ for a stick like that is nothing. Looks rock solid.

Edited by LLv34_Flanker

Looks great. Do you plane to sell the base / gimbal alone?

I would definately be interest in that.

Ooooooh, me to.

Want one.........

Are you selling????

Ooooooh, me to.

Want one.........

Are you selling????

Hi guys. In this topic I want to talk about the work on KG 13 Grip. I do not speak English. And so you have to use Google translator.
I worked on it for almost three years. So too lazy to read the whole topic, can immediately see photo finishing work - http://avia-sim.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=629&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=705

That is amazing you should consider making these for Thrustmaster Warthog flightsticks as you can change sticks with these. I know I'd be willing to pay a good bit for one of these.

I'm glad you like my work. I did three things. This test joysticks. They have already been sold.
This joystick base. ON it is necessary to put pen. But I can not do jack for installation or Warthog or Cougar. It is very difficult for the BRD.

BRD - Group of enthusiasts. We do a little product. But after the tests do 100-200 pieces per year.

I'm more worried about the KG 13.  Must find a way to make it cheaper. Now it costs a lot of money :But already sold  :)))

Something like this you need to install this joystick -
post-2357-0-58307300-1403335882_thumb.jpg

post-2357-0-07382500-1403335911_thumb.jpg

Photos of the build process can be found here - http://avia-sim.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=758&start=60

This is a proprietary mechanism BRD ;)

Edited by -=NT=-Baur

S!

Nice work ReviZorro! How does it feel compared to the original handle and do all buttons work just like that?

S!

Nice work ReviZorro! How does it feel compared to the original handle and do all buttons work just like that?

Stick is great in the hand, design and surface is very ergonomic .

KG 13 is about 10 cm (~4 inches) longer than Warthog stick, so movements are more precise.

As for the buttons - I connected up only four, as in the actual prototype. Pressing felt as on standard Warthog stick, since the switches are the similar, but buttons have a shorter stroke.

S!

ReviZorro, sounds good :) I would rather buy a handle like that instead of the whole stick as I like my Warthog. But buying Baur's stick is also a good choice :)