Han

Developer Diary 216 - Discussion

1 minute ago, Han said:
Hello everybody,

Before we return to telling about the Battle of Bodenplatte and Flying Circus in our DDs, today we'd like to tell you more about Tank Crew. The most important thing is that we prepare the next big update that will include two new tanks, M4A2 "Sherman" and Panzerkampfwagen III Ausführung M, that were used in Kursk area and the map of the southern part of the Kursk salient made for joint ground and air warfare. But of course, we work not only on the new content.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 5
  • Thanks 9
  • Upvote 5

" ability to control one tank with several people in multiplayer "..

wow.. that's super exciting!

the screenshots are just tasty!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I've been holding off of tank crew because I don't have the time for it and I have my hands full with the planes.

I might give it a  shot one of these though after all I have seen here.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Looks fantastic! :cool:

Very happy I bought TC. That new map is going to be great.

To get the new map in the next big update, do I need tank crew?

Will it be possible to fly in the new map?

• Like 1

TC is my first tank sim. I can’t wait to see its completion. Those are some tasty screenshots.

Will the player only be able to control his own tank or will it be possible to command a whole tank platoon? In other words, will it be possible to jump between tanks, like it's done in other tank sims? If that's not possible, how much control will the player have over the other tanks in his platoon?

That new map looks very nice. I wonder if there is plan to implement career mode for planes as well.

55 minutes ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

To get the new map in the next big update, do I need tank crew?

Will it be possible to fly in the new map?

Yes and yes.

That first image knocked the socks of me. Stunnning chaps. Well done. Near future purchaser here. 

Edited by FlyingNutcase

fantastic news! The TC map with the next update and the new command system in spring! I'm really looking forward to that.😎

I was never interested in tanking, but bought TC just to generally support your efforts. After seeing this - you got me. Eager to play that 👌

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

it was one of the best decision you have made with the tanks!

....next chapter western Europe pls

Edited by Voidhunger

Amazing job!!!

Question: Will the Crew be visible also in first person? I mean, if you are the eyes of one of the crew, will you be able to see your arms, legs, etc interact with the machine?

Whatever, the answer is. I love it and looking forward to see more stuff being developed :)

Tremendous work - loving the tank interiors but more especially the map. Really looking forward to this.

Cheers.  :salute:

Very impressive, the interiors and crews are amazing, hats off to the 3d guys.:salute:

I have not really fired up TC since I got it, maybe once the next update comes I will try and familiarize myself with it a little more.:drinks:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

When in VR will the players head match the body or movements or will the positions that are player controlled be unseeable??

Wow looks amazing! So cool to finally see the crew inside the tank. And that map, well done.

WOW! These screenshots, and the level of detail of the crew members, and the modeling of the tanks, are enough to convince me to buy TC!

Thanks for the update and the hard work!

Congratulations on the crew models. They are the most lifelike I have seen anywhere, not having this “rubber dummy” look on them. The stature of the commander and loader is excellent as well.

4 minutes ago, VO101Kurfurst said:

Congratulations on the crew models. They are the most lifelike I have seen anywhere, not having this “rubber dummy” look on them. The stature of the commander and loader is excellent as well.

This! They really look pristine, in the moment so to speak. Very well done, can hardly wait for the final product.

Its gonna be really fun! I can also see how the commander improvements could carry over to the planes.

Crew in KV1 looking awesome, VR is going to feel so realistic now.

I have been testing the Tank Crew and it really looks promising.

I would make a simple suggestion, IMHO the turret rotation could be paired up with the rudder command so we can use the pedals to move the turret and not keys. :)

Also, is there a fast way to bring back the turret to line up with the hull?

Thanks

• Upvote 1