Sign in to follow this  
BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part IV

Hello pilots! Many thanks to all for the activity on the forum and for such a large number of questions. They are many and they are all very different. This is the fourth diary of answers, and we still respond to questions only from the Russian-speaking part of the forum. I will pick from the English side next time. Many of the questions are difficult to answer at this early stage of development. Some issues bring a smile and some make me check to make sure I don't work in a shop with a magic wand from the Harry Potter films.

In this diary entry will still not be any interesting "pictures", but only answers. But we would like to begin to develop our channel on YouTube. We have some very interesting material removed during restoration work on some unique Soviet aircraft period WW2. Come and see. We will make a regular appearance of such materials. Of course, they are not directly related to the work on the project, but it is closely linked to the history of aviation and hence relates to what we are doing for you. Please, use English subtitle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdBDE_84l4w&feature=share&list=PLAn5xS7gOumkzOosH2JAwHKgjOS1QLQBb

Full news

• Upvote 1

Excellent news! Thanks for the update..

I liked :

6) Do you plan to implement damage control cables and rods aileron elevator and direction?

Yes. Or damage rods or loss plane of aircraft.

7) Will realized a smooth change of the daily cycle of light in BoS (or in RoF)?

Yes. This is a long and successful working.

10) Will the direct control of a dedicated server as in CloD?

No. Will be given separate specialized software to manage a dedicated server.

11) Would mode of coop- missions make in that (or similar) form, as it was in the old IL-2?

We still don't have the exact answer. We believe that it is necessary to make everything well and we don't want to create unpopular modes. Mode of playing together in a modern design should be comfortable. This means working on the servers provided by the operator, this means a convenient system of the mission, and invitations to her friends, statistics and much more. We are now thinking about this game mode, and calculate the opportunity to make it. I cannot answer whether it will be at release or later, but we would like to create something similar.

14) After the announcement of the list of aircraft, if there will not be a desired plane, is it possible in principle to make a "kickstart" of a unit and expect to integrate it into the game?

Don't worry. If the project is popular enough, it will always be developed and there will be new airplanes. But we would like to do all together in this project. Each aircraft is part of the theater, and so much a part of the gameplay. Therefore, the input sequence of aircraft in the game is just as important. But thanks for such a desire.

I think that 6 - 11 is a very good thing .. and 14 tells me that these guys do get it.. that they understand what is at stake here.. Knowing the mission is a major key the it's success IMO.

I love the story about flying a Mig-3 to an airshow in poor visibility using the roads to navigate.  Great stuff!

I love these diaries, every new one that is released gives me a lot of hope for the future of IL-2 as a franchise.

This kind of communication is exactly what we always wanted!

Although it seems like only the bare minimum aircraft systems will be in BOS...

S!

This is how it should be :) Info on BoS in form of answers and otherwise. Also this YouTube channel with WW2 aviation history and restoration fits like a fist in the eye :D Thanks devs, I need to start shaping up my flying skills it seems :D BoS is in good hands :)

Great to see some answers to popular questions! I am not super happy with some of them however. But at least i am not stuck in the dark waiting to see a feature. I have my answers straight up, no fuss. I respect that.

Edited by Hooves
  • Upvote 1

Way to go guys! Thank you for feeding us with our weekly treat! :)

Looking forwards to the next one ;)

Thanks! I like the feb planeset and approach to realism vs a burden to players

Lots cool info

That is quite impresive. That means the IL2  " FM" will be very close to reality. Comparing DATA and 

real flight can't be better...

Nice job...

Salute !

13) In the old IL-2 and CloD we would frequently see players breaking rules server (obscene language in the chat, the attack of taking off planes, the deliberate destruction of the players of his team). Punishment of such players was associated with some problems, IP is dynamic, you can change the user name, etc. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? For example, the binding of the game to a permanent account or to a number of purchase.

Yes, that is how it will be done. Each player has a single account through which it comes into play. If a player breaks the rules or interferes with other players to fly, he will be punished by denying access to the game for a certain period of time. However, the experience of previous projects, such cases are rare.

Just to clarify,  Will this ban be on a server by server basis (enforced by the server admins) as in previous Il2 titles?

Edited by Skoshi_Tiger

Hey Jason thx for the great communication!! Together you as developer and we the simming community should be well able to make BOS the best ww2 flightsim for the last 12 years!

Realistic expectations from us but also good suggestions to you guys combined with your style of communication makes this is a winning concept!!

these updates are terrific - very helpful as they clearly indicate the developers ideas and general if not specific intentions WRT this new simulation

well done and much appreciated 

Thanks! :) Translations in the video could be a bit more detailed (comparing to what Barsuk is talking), but its great to see and hear that anyway :)

11) Would mode of coop- missions make in that (or similar) form, as it was in the old IL-2?

We still don't have the exact answer. We believe that it is necessary to make everything well and we don't want to create unpopular modes. Mode of playing together in a modern design should be comfortable. This means working on the servers provided by the operator, this means a convenient system of the mission, and invitations to her friends, statistics and much more. We are now thinking about this game mode, and calculate the opportunity to make it. I cannot answer whether it will be at release or later, but we would like to create something similar.

This concerns me greatly.

Please have co-op in from the start and make it more accessable than in RoF.

• Upvote 1

Good news...if you reach Il-2 CloD cockpit quality, you will be unreachabble for the next 20 years ahead. Thumbs up!

~S!

A fair few have said the demise of the second generation il2 was due to the lack of Coop :(

I don't think that that post necessarily means there will not be a coop mode..  I think it means that they are not sure what type of coop mode BoS will have but I would be surprised if there was none..

That may or may not be the case I don't know.. I have not flown in a CoD coop . but I do know that the original IL2 style coop works.. Since they are doing this from scratch I hope that there is some kind of hybrid coop like the MDS.. That would set BoS head and shoulders above every other sim out there .. including it's predecessor..

I agre

I got to agree, this is the first concern ive had.

Its pretty clear from polls and posts over the last few years, that a straight forward COOP like IL2 mode is needed and wanted by the community.

Not having it might not be a game breaker if other modes are there, but it would be a big let down IMO.

A fair few have said the demise of the second generation il2 was due to the lack of Coop in the original IL2 style

This question is somewhat meaningless. Why the "second generation IL2" dont have Coop in the original Il2 style?

Because the "old crows" (some here) ask to O.M in UBIZ00 during its development for changes in "COOP in the original IL2 style" to possibilite join in COOP at any moment, to take any aircraft at any moment, include AI in flight, to join as gunner in friend aircraft already in flight...

And all this has in "the second generation IL2", just with different GUI. And for the same people this is (one) cause  of this failure... :unsure:

Sokol1

And all this has in "the second generation IL2", just with different GUI. And for the same people this is (one) cause  of this failure... :unsure:

Sokol1

As someone that hosts a work around way of doing a kinda of co-op in CLOD, for people in my squad from time to time, what GUI regarding co-op? There isn't one. Its doable, but I have to use a script to start the mission, and there is no after action screen at all after you have flown the mission, and i have to close down the server and restart for the next mission. As much as i enjoy flying CLOD, this is in no way ideal, but i struggle through it because i like the game.

at least it has dedicated server commands unlike RoF though.

Edited by fruitbat