Gambit21

Any current issues with custom skins?

I haven't paid much attention to this, but I've seen reports from time to time but didn't log the specifics on my brain.

I'm putting together a custom skin pack for the next campaign with some help from a few members of the community.

I just want to make sure that linking skins to each aircraft etc does not pose any issues.

Any confirmation or clarification appreciated.

I recommend using sensible name logic. Such as "nameOfPlaneSkin" or "name_of_plane_skin" though underscores could be considered special characters and may give you trouble (but I doubt it). Just don't use whitespaces.

• Thanks 2

Hi,

It is necessary that skins have no points or special characters.

Some skins names have spoints, this is a problem because you need to rename them before you can use them.It is possible in the solo dynamic career mode to assign skins to the AI for each squadron.

See my post

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Can't get the player aircraft skin to stick for some reason.

Unless I choose it myself in the sim - so I guess it will be up to the player to load it themselves. That’s always been the case I guess.

try changing the plane type of just the player plane to something else, then change it back to what you want it to be, and see if the skin sticks.

Will do.

After posting that I realized it doesn’t stick from one mission to the next after changing it in-game either.

Hello,

As I play in maximum realism without external view, I see little my own plane in solo mode.

That said, with my setup I have a skin of the squadron assigned randomly for my planeOn the other hand, having historical skins for AI wingmans is important for the atmosphere.

It is not important that skins change between AIs in the same squadron from one mission to another because, in the real world, pilots rarely have personal planes because of operational availability problems.

That’s not true at all for 8th and 9th Air Force - not sure where you’re getting that but toss that book.

Pilots almost always flew the same aircraft. No such chronic  “operational availability”  problem existed.

So it would be highly unrealistic to represent things as you suggest.

I would rotate aircraft that are in a flight, but not aircraft between pilots.

Edited by Gambit21

Do not use a long name, and as already said, never use space in the name. I already have some problem with skinner which use a long name.

23 hours ago, Habu said:

Do not use a long name, and as already said, never use space in the name. I already have some problem with skinner which use a long name.

Habu - I’m going to send you a custom skin and a mission later to test.

I can’t get it to stick - even though the skin shows in the hanger/GUI screen.

I want to verify that it’s an actual bug before reporting.

The skin is called “388th_base” and similar - so not long.