Han

Developer Diary 215 - Discussion

7 minutes ago, Han said:
Hello friends,

This week was a hard one - we had to let you play during the weekend without problems, so we released another update that continued the work started in 3.010. The majority of the changes are in the GUI and are required for the new Marschal multiplayer mode that is coming this Spring and will concentrate on the interaction with the map. Other important improvements were made for tank weapons and damage calcualtions. We hope that now the basic damage model is adequate and we'll start working on more particular tasks in the tank systems and combat damage department next week.

This week we finished the map of the Southern part of the Kursk salient while two next tanks, M4A2 and PzKpfw III Ausf.M, will follow soon. The new tanks and the map will be released into Tank Crew Early Access after beta testing. Today we can show you the first in-game screenshots of them taken near Prokhorovka:

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 3

You guys are truly amazing. Two Patches and a DD this week, bravo!

The new tanks and the map will be released into Tank Crew Early Access after beta testing

Very cool!

Representing the rifling of the sherman gun...now THAT is attention to detail 🙂

Unbenannt.jpg

Edited by sevenless
  • Upvote 8

Despite all the hard work you did, you took the time to write a DD, 

I am very grateful. Thanks! the map is looking so great!

• Upvote 1

These are gonna look even better when we get the crew models to go in them!

thanks team!

Every time I think you might not surprise me anymore, you do. The PZ III and the Sherman are looking great! Thanks for your hard work. I would love to sit into both of them now❤️

As much as I would like to get the tanks I am a bit concerned that I only have 20Gb left on my SSD. Would like to know how much Bodeplate, FC and the tanks are likely to chew up.

I have Bodenplate and FC ordered but am reluctant to sign up for tanks fore the aforesaid reason.

Edited by pilotpierre

You guys f**king rock!!!! The best :)

I just was wondering if it would be feasible to have skins with battle style stuff such as sandbags, pieces of track, tools, etc

42510e2c09c6473b049ba97a46657ece.jpg

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, pilotpierre said:

As much as I would like to get the tanks I am a bit concerned that I only have 20Gb left on my SSD. Would like to know how much Bodeplate, FC and the tanks are likely to chew up.

I have Bodenplate and FC ordered but am reluctant to sign up for tanks fore the aforesaid reason.

I don`t think the size of the game installation is affected of what you buy or not. It`s all there anyway, you just have to buy it to use it.

• Upvote 2

Thank you team: for all the hard work that makes this sim simply outstanding ☺️

5 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I don`t think the size of the game installation is affected of what you buy or not. It`s all there anyway, you just have to buy it to use it.

Yep.  You've already got the full game on your SSD Pierre:salute:

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, pilotpierre said:

For me it is 17gigs total [1C install on SSD w/o user skins] for all modules and planes released by them so far. We still will get 3 Maps on top of that one for each FC, TC and BoBP and the not yet released planes and tanks, so my personal guess is we will end up somewhere between 20-25 gigs total.

By comparision my steam install [other harddrive] with tons of skins has 33gigs total.

Edited by sevenless
  • Upvote 1

Very nice tank models there, the textures are superbly done.

• Upvote 1

I'm really looking forward to the iconic Sherman and getting my hands on that .50cal... and maybe giving her a new paintjob or 3.

Good job devs - she's a beauty :salute:

• Like 1

I tell myself that I'm probably not going to get Flying Circus, but then I see screen shots. I tell myself that I'm not getting Tank Crew, because I get enough of that with War Thunder. Then I see the screenshots. Are the Russians getting the M5, light tank, too?

59 minutes ago, pilotpierre said:

Don't worry too much about that - I've got all the modules, some scripted campaigns and lots of skins - and the toll is 26.2 GB in total at the moment.

• Upvote 1

Very nice. But any news about the Bodenplatte map. Will we get it as Early Access. 

Great !! Hope we can use the machine gun of the turret now that IL-2 have killable running soldiers (last patch) thanks! :yahoo:

2 hours ago, sevenless said:

You guys are truly amazing. Two Patches and a DD this week, bravo!

Very cool!

Representing the rifling of the sherman gun...now THAT is attention to detail 🙂

Unbenannt.jpg

I wonder if the twist rate it correct? I'd have to guess it is.

Edited by Rjel

29 minutes ago, catchthefoxes said:

I'm worried that you devs aren't sleeping👁️👁️

All the team has been putting in extra hours last couple weeks for sure, Daniel is very determined to get things done.

Jason

• Like 5
  • Thanks 15
  • Upvote 8

Any word about how the new high detail maps will affect performance?

I'm really looking forward to the new maps. :cool:

1 minute ago, CanadaOne said:

Any word about how the new high detail maps will affect performance?

I'm really looking forward to the new maps. :cool:

The only map with more detailed mesh than usual is TC map. Should not be a problem because it is smaller than the others.

Jason

• Upvote 4

Just now, Jason_Williams said:

The only map with more detailed mesh than usual is TC map. Should not be a problem because it is smaller than the others.

Jason

Thank you.

And thank you for the excellent flightsim. Going to buy FC in about one minute. :drinks:

Really like that Sherman and can't wait to see it in-game.

Will there be a chance of seeing modifications like logs or armored plates welded onto the sides? The M4A2 has two very weak spots to the front and I'm curious if we can get some armored plating as a modification.

Inked07.jpg.bd09a78ccee013c309ef51364bc820ec_LI.thumb.jpg.c16511987f6fcb881d383dd31c264703.jpg

18 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

Will there be a chance of seeing modifications like logs or armored plates welded onto the sides? The M4A2 has two very weak spots to the front and I'm curious if we can get some armored plating as a modification.

Were those used by the Russkies?

9 minutes ago, sevenless said:

Were those used by the Russkies?

Not 100% sure about the front plates but I know they used armored plates on the sides and turret.

m4sherman.jpg

• Like 1