Gambit21

365th Hell Hawks skins needed for upcoming campaign.

I'm actually a texture artist and long time skinner myself, but I'm not sure I'll have time to go into texture mode between now and when I'm done with the campaign.

I'd rather not if I can help it.

Therefor I'm looking for someone who might be interested in creating some 365th "Hell Hawks" Jug skins @4K.

388th Squadron is most important, (Player squadron) but I'll need at least a generic 387th and 386th skin as well if possible.

Please let me know if interested.

I have that book and have done a few skins already, your welcome to use...The 386th and the 387th. If you can get me some artwork of the noses you want done I can get them done. Making the artwork from scratch is difficult but doable.

Bugsy-Frame2.png

1.jpg

FAT3.jpg

Miss3.jpg

Edited by 325th_Bugsy
  • Like 1

Thanks guys.

I did many from scratch textures and I know it can be a lot of work. I did an 8k texture map (for a print/render) of Whisners “Moonbeam McSwine” Mustang and even that took some time and didn’t involve a pin-up or other character.

So anything at all is most appreciated.

Raptor - let me look at some resources (and purchase the book) and see what is reasonable or what you’re in the mood for.

Bugsy - looks great...if you find yourself doing any 388th please let me know.

388th Blue Flight is the player unit, but the 386th and 387th will be present.

Thinking of a custom player skin too. Sometimes a simple script/letters/girl name is the most elegant thing. Litge’s “Miss Helen”  Mustang comes to mind.

With a 388th template can find time to create and add such a layer.

Edited by Gambit21

NP The book is worth the money for sure. I didn't see many of the 388th art though in the book. Basic skins with the stripe on the cowling was about it.....Coffey Pot was done I believe...

OK looking through the book I found 6 skins in the back that were P-47D-28 models the one other one is a P-47-30 variant. The skins are doable but you will need the nose art to be done for sure...

I think I can get 2 of them done not much trouble if anyone else wants to take a crack at it...

These 2, I can do for ya ..

IMG-0662.jpg

IMG-0663.jpg

Edited by 325th_Bugsy

I always admire you gents when your willing to throw your hat into the ring to help out one another. 

Bloody great! :salute:

Gambit almost done two skins for ya. looking at the book it looks as if the Anti-Glare is Black so I'm going to do 2 versions. One with Black Anti-Glare and one with OD Anti-Glare...Unless anyone knows for sure what color they actually were. I know later on in the war they started using the black..

Il-2-2019-02-07-20-43-53.jpg

Il-2-2019-02-07-20-53-33.jpg

Edited by 325th_Bugsy

Thank you a ton Bugsy - I can't tell you how much I appreciate this.

Looking fantastic.

I'm in contact with the author of the book - I'll double check with him later regarding the anti-glare.

OK Great thanks

I have a few more for you, I have 3 done and I should have 3 more for you by tomorrow..So total of 6 will be completed

• Thanks 1

Here's the latest for ya buddy. Once I'm done the pack I'll email the link to you for your future release...

Flown by Lt R.D. Roberts of the 388th

2019-2-9-3-45-49.jpg

• Like 1

Here's the 6th one Gambit...

Lt. Col. Donald E. Hillman. He became Commander of the 386th, even though his plane's designation code was C4-H he flew with the 388th.

Il-2-2019-02-09-16-07-08.jpg

Image1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great work!

These are going to make a big difference - thank you.

OK this is it for today...lol Here's the Triple J. Sh'es 99% done, just need to slide the "S" forward a bit....I always get them complete and then my OCD kicks in and I have to have them perfect..lol

2019-2-9-23-25-11.jpg

Edited by 325th_Bugsy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 325th_Bugsy said:

OK this is it for today...lol Here's the Triple J. Sh'es 99% done, just need to slide the "S" forward a bit....I always get them complete and then my OCD kicks in and I have to have them perfect..lol

I know what you mean. After a while you just have to abandon it and move on to the next one.

It took me a year to model and texture the Mustang.

Panel lines, rivets, dirt layers, displacement...you get it.

It's fun, but after a while I just wanted to work on something else when I got home.

Some texturing might be a nice change-up from the campaign building, but with your quality I can't see why I'd bother.

You guys work to a high standard and I appreciate that...great stuff.

Moonbeam-McSwine_Pilot-Bio_Large-Email.thumb.jpg.682cac394f138202453279feeea05b8e.jpg

Eagleston_Final_web.jpg

Edited by Gambit21
  • Like 2

OK so here's the last one really I'm going to sleep....I have 2 versions on the Jay's Jabo he had one with a yellow diamond and then a blue one later on in the war...anyway I gave you both versions.

Flown by Lt. AJ Harrington 388th FS, 365th FG.

2019-2-10-4-20-36.jpg

2019-2-10-4-22-0.jpg

2019-2-10-4-22-43.jpg

001-2019-feb-10-023.jpg

Edited by 325th_Bugsy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My latest for you Gambit, "The Shawnee Kid", flown by Capt. D. K. Baumeister of the 388th FS.

2019-2-11-0-37-41.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Excellent.

I'll outfit the player squadron/388th with as many custom skins as you end up with, and use a generic one (with no nose art) to fill in the rest.

Actually I'll do the same for the 387th and 386th. They'll be flying around for scenery purposes, just the few you have already for the 386th/387th is fine.

If I could get one generic skin for each of the 3 squadron sans nose art layer that would be great.

I wonder why some 388th aircraft have the blue stripe, and others the black cowl?

1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

I wonder why some 388th aircraft have the blue stripe, and others the black cowl?

IIRC Black cowl was part of the ETO markings which were abandoned early 45.

• Like 2

Gambit Im having so much fun making these skins Im gonna do what ever you need buddy... Ill look for a standard skin for of the 3 squadrons and get them to you by the end of the night...I plan on doing the Clabber Girl and a few others from the 386th and the 387th..so give me a few weeks....You'll have a ton of skins for your campaign project.

The 386th has a Red Stripe, the 387th had a Yellow Stripe and the 388th a Blue Stripe, and like sevenless stated the Black cowl was part of the ETO markings

Edited by 325th_Bugsy
  • Thanks 1

Here the Genarics Gambit....Each squadron favored one thing or another...as far as the marking go..Seems like the 387th liked being heavier on the marking of their planes and the 386th and the 388th were more on the plain side in general. It did depend on indidviual pilots though some guys were into the Nose Art...lol Anyway here they are...

386th Generic

Il-2-2019-02-11-16-34-57.jpg

387th Generic

2019-2-11-21-36-41.jpg

388th Generic

Il-2-2019-02-11-16-38-15.jpg

Edited by 325th_Bugsy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just finished this one the Judy Ann from the 387th FS, flown by Capt. T.E. Stanton.

Il-2-2019-02-11-20-17-46.jpg

Image2.jpg

Edited by 325th_Bugsy

Thank You Sir, I really enjoy making these for Gambit and the pilots here...Salute!

• Like 1

A true tour de force Bugsy.

• Like 1

"Sweepstakes this is Elwood Blue, airborne and inbound for sector 2 - over!"

Elwood Blue Inbound.jpg

Edited by Gambit21
  • Like 5

Gambit that’s an awesome shot, are those modded clouds or from in game...

Edited by 325th_Bugsy

Can't wait for the Belgium map.

For now building logic on the Stalingrad map, using correct distances/directions etc to actual targets for the BP map.

Hell Hawks 2.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 325th_Bugsy said:

The game has awesome clouds in still shots

12 hours ago, 325th_Bugsy said:

Just the stock clouds. :)

OK gotcha...I'm working nights this week so I should be able to get a couple of more skins done and then this weekend Ill finish up..I m doing the Clobber girl, Bette Girl, Jody III and the Fickle Finger...

Edited by 325th_Bugsy

Looking forward to seeing those.

I'll send you that shot later when I get home.

I'm looking forward to getting the new map, and appropriate vehicles, tents etc etc.

Those will be some nice screenies...pretty limited at the moment.

2019_2_13__1_44_45.jpg

2019_2_13__1_45_35.jpg

• Like 1

Gambit did I send you the 387th Judy Ann? Just curious buddy..Here's the 387th "Clobber Girl" flown by 1st Lt. Joe Fourat.

Gambit you really make these skins shine thankyou

Please send me that line up screenshot, that's my new desktop ..Beautiful mate!

2019-2-13-3-59-4.jpg

Image2.jpg

Edited by 325th_Bugsy
  • Like 1

Bugsy...no Judy Ann yet.

Love that Clobber Girl.

When I get a chance I'm going to create a few art layers for you, either for the nose or side of the fuselage.

These will be for 388th player aircraft options, and maybe the 388th AI flight lead. Just lettering I think.

Miss Missy

Miss Annabelle

Dangerous Dana

My initial ideas but I have to sit down and doodle a bit. :)