1/SG2_Hummels

Murmansk 1942 theatre?

Murmansk 1942 theatre?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Murmansk 1942 theatre?

• Yes, this theater is interesting
    • No, there is a more interesting alternative (Western Europe, Africa, Pacific, other Eastern front options, etc.)

Hello dears!
In Il-2 discussed many options to continue after the Pacific. It is known that the game lacks many aircraft of the early years of the war

What do you think about the Northern theater of war.
Location: Murmansk and Nothern Norway, the peak of the battle is in the summer of 1942.

Advantages:
- The ability to include in the game missed, but very popular aircraft (including Il-4, which is widely used in this theater)
- Ability to use torpedo bombers and seaplanes
- The ability to use the equipment of the red army air force, and the technique of allies
- Map with fantastic beauty of the surrounding area and fjords.
- Ability to have summer, autumn-spring and winter maps
- Playable distance between blue and red side airfields
- Allied convoys, ships, which will have a positive impact on the variety of gameplay

The choice of aircraft:

- Ju-87B-2/R-2/R-4
- He-115B-1/С-1
- BV.138С-1
- FW190А-2/A-4

- Bf110F-2

- I-153 / P-40F,K / Aircobra I 
- Il-4
- MBR-2
- Hurricane
- Pe-3 bis

- Torpedoes for He-111H-6 / Il-4T / He-115 / A20B

P.S. Sorry for my English, it's not my native language

post-227-0-44929000-1516965621.jpg

post-227-0-52825900-1516961638.jpg

post-227-0-63564400-1516965611.jpg

post-227-0-63683500-1516965605.jpg

post-227-0-77896000-1516961646.jpg

1261504717_avia-17.jpg

yevgeny_khaldei_reindeer.jpg

Edited by 1/SG2_Hummels
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Dogbert1953 said:

Gets my vote, just for the proposed inclusion of a Hurricane.

Mike.

Yes, it is one of the most important aircraft for the period of military operations

151-4.jpg.5379533839b23a9df302f648ca22d927.jpg5134d5c91e7fe749fa749bef663d9e67.thumb.jpg.2eca78b859a95e816f3088310d5c6af2.jpg47390a3cb51af7360f5b7b49ee66c763.thumb.jpg.2bff3e4411d533c5f09b83e85ada0461.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Juri_JS said:

Unfortunately the Murmansk map project started by the Russian community is dead, so it's unlikely we will ever see Murmansk in the game.

All hope that community will find this theater significant and interesting and developers will decide to choose for implementation. Interesting aircraft, important battle, ships, torpedoes, the attention of the community could be weighing arguments for developers

Edited by 1/SG2_Hummels
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Juri_JS said:

Unfortunately the Murmansk map project started by the Russian community is dead, so it's unlikely we will ever see Murmansk in the game.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/3109-мурманск-работа-над-картой/

It's a map that a lot of folk would love to see; remember mixx's great version for 46? If the dev team are still struggling with carrier ops and Japanese aircraft references it would be a great interim project to get torpedoes and long-range fuel drop tanks working before (hopefully) going off to the Pacific. It would also add a few aircraft that are relevant to the maps we already have - Ju87B, I-153, DB-3F/IL-4 and Hurricane. And who doesn't love a floatplane? It would make the chance of the Catalina and Ju52 on floats possible, as well.

Cheers.

Edited by 216th_Cat
  • Upvote 4

I'm for everything that involves naval combat and airborne launched torpedoes. Was hoping for more of that in BOK actually...

Edited by DerNeueMensch

2 hours ago, NETSCAPE said:

we can make 3rd party maps??? 

In BoS we already have 3rd party dev's map, available for multiplayer and quick missions. 

Another advantage of Murmansk and Northern Norway is that the introduction of the described aircraft will link a single thread all the planes from BoM, BoS and BoK .
Almost the only theater where all the planes would be involved from BoM, BoS and BoK, just imagine the campaign from 1941 to 1943(1944) year on single map.

8 hours ago, NETSCAPE said:

uh wait... we can make 3rd party maps??? 

Yes, as far as I know the approach is mostly identical to RoF. However, if I understand the information on the Russian forum correctly, you can't import a 3rd party map directly into the game, this has to be done by the developers.

4 hours ago, Juri_JS said:

you can't import a 3rd party map directly into the game, this has to be done by the developers.

Ok this makes sense. I was wondering why we don't have 3rd party maps if you can simply make them...

On 1/27/2019 at 5:12 PM, 216th_Cat said:

It's a map that a lot of folk would love to see; remember mixx's great version for 46? If the dev team are still struggling with carrier ops and Japanese aircraft references it would be a great interim project to get torpedoes and long-range fuel drop tanks working before (hopefully) going off to the Pacific. It would also add a few aircraft that are relevant to the maps we already have - Ju87B, I-153, DB-3F/IL-4 and Hurricane. And who doesn't love a floatplane? It would make the chance of the Catalina and Ju52 on floats possible, as well.

Cheers.

You said it all Cat! 

great choice. Many people will be happy with planes and new gameplay (torpedos, floatplanes)

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, NETSCAPE said:

Ok this makes sense. I was wondering why we don't have 3rd party maps if you can simply make them...

It's not that the developers refuse to add finished 3rd party maps to the game, but creating maps is far from simple and quite time-consuming. The only 3rd party map that was ever finished is Velikie Luki. All other map projects are on hold or were cancelled because people lost interested or no longer have the time to work on it.

On 1/27/2019 at 6:12 PM, 216th_Cat said:

Cheers.

=38=Tatarenko ( Ian Boys ) did Murmansk and also Kurland map for 46. Never heard of this mixx...

Edit: Ok, some modded stuff I see

Edited by LeLv30_Redwing

29 minutes ago, LeLv30_Redwing said:

=38=Tatarenko ( Ian Boys ) did Murmansk and also Kurland map for 46. Never heard of this mixx...

Edit: Ok, some modded stuff I see

Hmmm, didn't know Ian had anything to do with Murmansk. Kurland and Burma I do remember, but in HSFX we always used Mixx-Zapolare as THE Murmansk map. I never saw any other version except the expanded northwards version which I made for SEOW.

7 minutes ago, 216th_Cat said:

Hmmm, didn't know Ian had anything to do with Murmansk. Kurland and Burma I do remember, but in HSFX we always used Mixx-Zapolare as THE Murmansk map. I never saw any other version except the expanded northwards version which I made for SEOW.

"OstFront is a similar dynamic campaigns add-on, developed by Ian Boys for the Kurland and Murmansk maps that he constructed and which are included on the 1946 DVD"

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/447488-IL-2-Sturmovik-Forums/page2

I know nothing about the wonderful work modders have done to original game, just wanted to point out who was the original author and give thumbs up for him.

It's a pity only Banak airfield is far beyond the map (~337 km from Banak to Murmansk), but the advanced airfields are within playable boundaries.

321.jpg

Edited by 1/SG2_Hummels

1 hour ago, LeLv30_Redwing said:

"OstFront is a similar dynamic campaigns add-on, developed by Ian Boys for the Kurland and Murmansk maps that he constructed and which are included on the 1946 DVD"

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/447488-IL-2-Sturmovik-Forums/page2

I know nothing about the wonderful work modders have done to original game, just wanted to point out who was the original author and give thumbs up for him.

Well blow me down. I went back and looked in a vanilla version of Il-2 (4.10.1) and there it was. It doesn't say who made it but it must be Ian's, and I'd totally forgotten that there was ever an original version. I can see why everyone used Mixx's improved version though - Ian's has stock textures and airfields and looks just like any other map in vanilla Il-2. If you never saw Mixx's expanded and retextured edition then you missed a treat, it was a work of art and included a greater land area as well. Later on I added more sea to the north for better convoy missions, but the detail was all Mixx's.

Cheers.

You got me curious and I watched some videos with mods and new landscape, wish we'd had them back then...!

The idea is nice but the planeset itself looks a bit like a strange mash up. I think the best approach would be to take a look at the units that operated in the area at that timeframe and have the most common planes of different categories that aren't already in the sim.

IL-4 would really round out all threatres

The Pe-3 was very active at Stalingrad...

The I-153 might be usable at Moscow...

So, yes.

BV-138... would be pretty cool. I might like it even more than the Fw-189 (which is an aircraft I've waited decades for).

• Upvote 1

The Ju-87B-2 and Pe-3 might be usable at Moscow too...
The Me-110F-2 and Hurricane might be usable at Stalingrad too...

Edited by 1/SG2_Hummels

Inclusion of the Blohm u Voss BV138 Seedrache would be nice, but I had hoped to see that one included in

the Kuban map already.

Still, interesting map suggestion, although I'd rather see more Southern ones such as North Africa or Kurland

Seedrache.jpg

• Like 1

I-153 and Hurricane would be great. Hell we need so many maps to fill in the open gaps, that would be 4 releases minimum. 

Just a map with active career mode for all planes already released and 2 to 4 key planes per map would perfectly do the trick for me.

- Barbarossa, early Smolensk 1941

- Kursk 1943

- Leningrad 1942-1944

- Bagration 1944

- Kurland 1944/45

- Vistula Operation 1944

- Oder/Berlin 1945

and the list goes on... I´d prefer any of them over a west front or pacific release. This game is about east front after all and that is what it excels at.

Edited by sevenless

BV-183... the last time I flew one of those was 7-8 years ago using Silent Hunter III.

This Murmansk proposal has seaplanes, so of course this gets an upvote from me.

It also has Norway and Finland, so that's even more votes from me.

Yes, I would definitely would go for such a campaign!

• Upvote 1