Sign in to follow this  
JG1_Butzzell

Flanders in Flames Winter campaign 2019

bn6.jpg

Welcome to the Flanders in Flames 2019: Winter Campaign!   an RoF event

rodserling_twlightzone.jpg?dl=0

You unlock this door with the key of imagination.

Beyond it is another dimension—a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the FIF Zone.

Incident 18 nautical miles north east of Calais.  On the south eastern shores of England.  Time: 1916.  War spits out its violence overhead and the mud-filled graveyard of the trenches, pushed into new lands, reaches forth to swallow it up.

Before you are the faces of the young men who fight. As if some omniscient painter had mixed a tube of oils that were at one time earth brown, dust gray, blood red, beard black, and fear - yellow white, and these men are the models. For this is the province of combat and these are the faces of war.

From William Shakespeare, Richard the Third, a small excerpt. The line reads, 'He has come to open the purple testament of bleeding war.' And for the unknown pilots of the R.A.F. and the German Luftstreitkräfte, the testament is closed. These unsung faces of conflict have found the FIF Zone.

S! All    

This is a very early plane set. A new area for FiF. The Germans get to use a float plane for the Spy and the Spy may be on a submarine or by a river.

Info at JG1 forums

This post is Is made for those that still have ROF. It is to show the Pilots that are new to WWI flying and may only have FC what  the future holds for FC.

example of a map for this series

2019_FiF%20winter%20odd.jpg

Sounds really interesting!I still own ROF, but didn't play it a lot since BOS was released. Is there already a date and time for the event?(Could't find it)

S!

Schedule and teams

This is in a sub folder of the Flanders in Flames section.

Dry Run is set for  26, January, 2019   plenty of time to register.

Planes are very early DH2, FE2b vs Fok E3, Rolands, and only 2 W-12  for phase A.

Phase B planes  N-17 GRB, strutter, RE8 vs Halb D.2, Roland, Halb CL.2 and only 2 W-12

• Thanks 1

S! All

We are getting things ready for a Dry run on 26 January 2019 at the usual time.

Information about planes, maps, rules, schedule   etc.

The JG1 server will be running a practice map on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. This will allow people to get familiar with the map and planes. The in game start time is 13:45. If you get on the server and there is not enough time to do the mission you want, you can restart the mission by killing a balloon at the two seater base.

Saturday after FiF, Sunday, Monday until 9 pm Eastern North American time and Wednesdays, the JG1 server will be running a Flying Circus program.

Excited to play this, do i have to signup with a squadron? or can i just hop into the TS and fall under the ranks in a flight?

4 hours ago, No.64_Drifter said:

Excited to play this, do i have to signup with a squadron? or can i just hop into the TS and fall under the ranks in a flight?

No squad affiliation is needed,you can join in as a loner and get assigned to a flight.  Just follow these instructions to register.

http://forum.jg1.org/topic/6441-fif-2019-registration/

Edited by =AVG77=Garven
  • Like 1

S! All

This Saturday, 26,January, 2019, there will be a Dry Run for Flanders in Flames Winter campaign. It may be Winter but the map is set to summer. Blue team starts as Central. Red team starts as Entente. Because this is a Dry Run, there is no death penalty other than the usual 5 minutes before you fly again.

Special features for this campaign:

Central will be using the W-12 float plane for spy pick up.

The Spy may be on a submarine in the large northern bay.

The Spy plane can land along the coast line or rivers on the Central side to complete the mission. He does not need to return to an active base.

Instead of flak units along the Central coast, there are German Cruisers.

The flak fence in NML has been changed to machine guns. 1 km  is still the recommended altitude for crossing the front.

As usual the General Capture and Spy plane can return to anywhere in friendly territory to complete their mission.

The Prisoner Rescue plane must return to an active friendly airfield.

S! All

Session one got off to a rocky start because I had corrupted the server file somehow. Fixed now.

Blue team had a problem with the rescue mission. When completed, it did NOT give a secondary. Well the mission is perfect. Naturally. I flew the mission and NO secondary. I slapped the guy around and he would not talk. I looked the mission over. The trigger for the complete subtitle also activates the secondary mechanism. Not only is there a single trigger but there is a backup. I replaced the primary and backup and it works fine. ( famous last words )

Red team had a secondary subtitle with the correct name of the town but the wrong sector location. Corrected.

Entente airbase at Firnsted is placed close to some trees. People were spawning in the trees. The base was moved forward. The shadows look strange but it works.

m2.jpg

Next- I found some invisible object at Sole Street airfield. It took quite a while to fully locate the entire anomaly. I was eventually able to mark the invisible structure and move the airbase. Do not fly near the water towers.

m3.jpg

m4.jpg

S! All

We have gone through the first half of phase A. Now we switch sides. Blue team will fly Entente and Red team will fly Central. 

Please remember FE2b is allowed two guns up front. The Roland and W-12 are not allowed two guns in the rear. Only one gun for the back seat.

We have seen some glitches where a secondary mission is not activating. I have checked, checked and re-checked. No explanation.  Sorry.