catchthefoxes

50.cal smoke

Posted (edited)

I know modern day 12.5mm rounds don't produce smoke but there is obviously smoke coming off of those rounds, does someone know what is causing this? can the devs please add this?

and more than every gun camera is proof that smoke did come off of the rounds back then.

Edited by catchthefoxes
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, catchthefoxes said:

I know modern day 12.5mm rounds don't produce smoke but there is obviously smoke coming off of those rounds, does someone know what is causing this? can the devs please add this?

and more than every gun camera is proof that smoke did come off of the rounds back then.

Thanks for Posting. Get´s me into this "Aces of the Pacific" mood. 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, unreasonable said:

Surely these are just regular tracers?   

maybe but there is still smoke coming off of them in every gun cam ive seen and i don't know why, maybe some rounds did produce smoke?

I went through a lot of "P-47 guncam" movies yesterday and observed three types of ammunition, one of them did not leave any visible traces in the air but only a clear explosion after hitting the target, the second looked very similar to P-47 in the IL-2 BOBP game and the third as in the video, which I posted above (sorry but I could not get it to post videos in the post).

DCS has this modeled. Before proceeding with this, it would be interesting to find exactly what kind of ammo produced this kind of smoke effect. Is it a typical APIT loadout or something else...

Seconded that we have this implemented btw. Would help much with aiming them .50s...

• Upvote 1