Sign in to follow this  
Flashy

Something breaking pause and time acceleration

Another day, another weird mission editor issue :P

I have been scratching my head over this one for a few days now, and cant imagine what is causing it. The issue is as follows: I have some missions that use the camera operator at the beginning to get views of airfields, objects etc, and also use the Media MCU to play audio and videos and somewhere along the line it appears as if they are breaking the pause and time acceleration function of the game. At the beginning of the mission, I can pause and unpause fine, and accelerate and decelerate time, but at some point during the beginning of the mission where I am moving around with external cameras, playing sounds and videos using the media MCU that functionality seems to break, and after that I can no longer pause or accelerate time. It doesn't fix itself after I return control to the player either, and appears to be broken for the rest of the mission.

Now here's the really weird part: I tried an older mission I made about 2 weeks ago that was working fine ( I know it was working because I was using time acceleration to test the mission as I made it) and that I hadnt touched in the ME since, and it now has the same problem! We haven't had any updates over the last 2 weeks that could have broken this have we?  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Flashy said:

also use the Media MCU to play audio and videos and somewhere along the line it

This is the problem. Media MCU's break the time acceleration.

Steps to overcome issue:

1 Save the media MCUs to a group,

2 remove the group from your mission,

3 completely build all the logic in your mission with time acceleration to test your logic,

4 ?????

5 put your media group back into your mission

6 test test test

7 PROFIT!

If this doesn't solve the issue (it should), reset the mission editor. You can find the resetEditorSettings in your mission editor folder. See image...

image.png.441fac22219337e2cb3f5da9ce74e202.png

Edited by [TWB]Sketch
  • Upvote 1

Yep

Drove me nuts for weeks and weeks in a certain mission while testing until I figured it out.

Media MCU's should be on a timer, and deactivated when not in use.

Sigh, shouldn't guessed it was a bug like that. 😔

Anyway, thanks for the help guys! I will try deactivating them like gambit suggests and see if that fixes because I do need to have them in the mission for testing purposes so I can make sure timing etc is correct, so grouping them up and removing them until the end probably wont work for me. Also, the mission will still have the same problem then when its done and I add back the Media MCU, and players wont be able to pause or accelerate time

thanks again!