Sign in to follow this  
JG1_E_Davjack

BUG: ForceFeedback "no input" studder is linked to firing guns

I was just re-calibrating all my BoX planes to have a good view distance, and I noticed something:  when my FFB stick would pulse/stutter on normal flight, I could fire the guns (MG or cannon) and it would remove the stutter completely.  This makes me think that the FFB stutter bug has something to do with an inverse of the effect we expect to feel when firing guns. (IE not firing guns = the pulsing of firing guns).

Flying normal = stuttering as if 20mm were firing, but actually shooting the 20mm guns resulted in smooth flight.   If I restart the FFB in BOX with the menu->selected->Input>Close, it works ~50% of the time to reverse the pulse precursor.  Otherwise I have to try again.  Eventually it works normally. 

So, perhaps you should take a look at the code behind FFB vs FFB-gun-firing.  If I experience the stutter in my MSFFBS2 stick, and then fire weapons and the stuttering goes away...that should tell you where the bug resides.

Hi, seems like no one cares about. But I tested it.

Using MS FFB2(also tested with G940) and TrackIR I completely gave up on this game. After all this fiddling around with smoothness and settings I though, hey its playable. Until I started the sim you can't mention here"XXX" and realized that's IL2 isn't smooth at all with FFB and TrackIR.

So i tested to fire the guns when looking around. Buttery smooth looking.

But hey I don't want to fly around with unlimited ammo and keep firing.

So will check in again in some month .........