Could one of the talented Mission builders put together something that might pass for a Night Witches' mission over ...what...Stalingrad? Perhaps with a few German night fighters lurking about?😱

Edited by Blitzen
  • Upvote 2

On 12/21/2018 at 11:55 AM, Blitzen said:

Could one of the talented Mission builders put together something that might pass for a Night Witches' mission over ...what...Stalingrad? Perhaps with a few German night fighters lurking about?😱

I actually just ran out of work so I have time. And I figure what better way to spend time when on the brink of homelessness than to make free content for a flight sim. I should be playing around in UE4 but you know.......

oh and about night fighters... I fear a few MG34's set on "low" AI will be struggle enough...

Edited by NETSCAPE

AI drops bombs in pairs only and requires the AI to regain altitude of 500m roughly. This equates to them flying a good 4000m from target area then turning back, every time. So taking that into account I doubt that U2's would have "hung around" target areas or when tracers started zipping by them. I would probably use 2 50s or 2 100s for bomb load outs. quick in-bomb-out. Pic related shows the result of a test where 3xU2's armed with 6x100 bombs attack enemy troop concentration. 3 MG 34s set to low AI damaged 2 planes, critically damaging 1 of those - because of the absurd amount of time over target area. 

Also peculiar is the AI seems to disregard waypoint speed. I set it to 100 as an estimated starting point. They go 115 instead... not complaining there lol.

20181228104508_1.jpg

Edited by NETSCAPE
  • Upvote 1

I have a little project going that you guys will like.

I'll update when it's a bit further along in a week or so.

Currently having the "mission not showing in game error" after 2 years of not seeing it - grrrrrr.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Me FOUR. That U2 really deserves a night witches campaign.