bulldog1spitfire1

Pacific Campaign.

34 minutes ago, sinned said:

so is pacific next or no? 

Nobody knows yet.

But it was never ruled out, just the amount of work to obtain necessary data on Japanese aircraft is quite a hurdle to overcome in the short time frame they have for releasing a product. Plus all the other tech that needs to be built from the ground up to make carrier operations work.

2 hours ago, sinned said:

so is pacific next or no? 

There's no answer to this until 1CGS announces their next product. Expect that mid 2019 if the past is an indication of when they will tell us.

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2018 at 1:28 PM, BlitzPig_EL said:

It will all depend on further working the the game engine's ability to deal with large numbers of "AI" controlled units.  Take a typical US cruiser for example, and it's rather generous anti aircraft gun complement.  That many guns spread over one of the current maps probably isn't a big deal, but put them all in one place, several times over because of the number of ships covering a carrier, and enjoy the slideshow, and "Server over loaded" messages when a flight of enemy aircraft show up.

Even when Jason and the team get all the info they need on Japanese aircraft, this will be the hurdle that must be conquered.

A few years ago I did with the previous versions of IL2 some pretty dense battle scenarios with the Mission Editor (that was primitive compared to what we have now), with the Jap Fleet or US fleet, and really a lot of planes in the air, many squadrons of bombers and fighters. The Destroyers, Battleships, and Carriers would fire all of their guns to incoming japanese torpedo planes, fighters from both sides in combat etc. and you had the sky completely peppered of explosions and tracers.

The AI handled it pretty acceptable, and the framerate on a top machine of say eight years ago was acceptable to me.  Sure the graphics were much more crude, visual effects much simpler, maps less detailed, models less detailed, damage model much simpler, textures were more basic, atmospheric physics were much cruder etc. etc. but it did the trick and even if in the densest (and I mean it really dense) cases I had say 18 fps, in general I was between 35 to 60 which is perfectly acceptable as I had no stuttering. 

Today we have much more powerful machines, graphics cards are over a magnitude faster, and the visual effects are way better but they are handled by the hardware.

I am really not convinced about the slide show (to be honest slide show means to me 2 to 3 fps or under 10) , or that would mean that the code made by Oleg Team was way more efficient than what Jason team produces today. 

For The British Pacific Fleet TASK FORCE 57
Sakishima Gunto, Okinawa Campaign, 1945

http://www.armouredcarriers.com/task-force-57-british-pacific-fleet/
http://www.armouredcarriers.com/task-force-57-iceberg-oolong-british-pacific-fleet/

nice picture of area they were operating:
http://taiwanairpower.org/blog/?p=7782#more-7782

we can then also get in mood by making some oolang tea to smooth out tricky landings of Seafire on moving deck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXKV9cde_y4

• Upvote 1

All this stuff has been hashed out before... Jason has stated he wants to do it, but he wants to do it right.

Until the team can get all the relevant technical data (mainly on the Japanese side) it's on hold... nothing has changed since then.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trooper117 said:

All this stuff has been hashed out before... Jason has stated he wants to do it, but he wants to do it right.

Until the team can get all the relevant technical data (mainly on the Japanese side) it's on hold... nothing has changed since then.

Exactly.

Vote : Battle of Atlantic 1942-43 1944-45 Normandy ( 2020 )

Battle of Pacific   1941-42 Midway ( 2021) 1943-44 & 1944-45 Iwo Jima ( 2022 ) 

&.       Battle of Korea     1951 ( 2021 )

Vietnam War 1955    -     1975 ( 2023 .....).

Edited by RAY-EU