Sign in to follow this  
Voyager

Key binding Quality of life: Button test window

(Curse you autocorrect...) 

Hopefully simply Quality of life suggestion: Add a sub window in the Key Mapping that, when you are in it, will display the action mapped to the currently pressed button. 

Basically we've got a lot of commands, and not all of them are always in use, so even if I've napped them, I may not remember what I've mapped them to. Having a way to quickly check what buttons do what without having to either start a mission or read through every in-game command would streamline button handling. 

• Upvote 6

That's not a bad idea. Even better would be, if a button is being pressed, the list could jump to the assigned command. 

(just like it is in DCS) 

This is sometimes really useful. 

• Upvote 5

+1 for this suggestion. it's also a bit ridiculous that we have no way of binding a modifier key without downloading a separate software called joy2key. It should be included as a quality of life feature in the base game, as this is standard in just about every other flight simulator, even war thunder, to allow multiple joystick buttons to be pressed

Bump this. We need this. That and the modifier key. DCS has these functions and they are VERY handy. Big QOL improvement.

• Upvote 1