BlackSix

Pre-Order New Historical Campaign "Fortress on the Volga" - Discussion

Dear Friends,

The Вattle of Stalingrad was one of the decisive events of the World War II and there is still a lot of interest in it. New historical research and data from archives allow us to continue to reveal little-known, but important events and facts. The Blazing Steppe campaign, released in 2017, told the story of Soviet fighters in August-September 1942, but this time we invite you to experience the battle from the German side.

We are proud to announce a new historical campaign - "Fortress on the Volga" for IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad. We are now accepting Pre-Orders!

The campaign is scheduled to be released later this month.

product_campaign_fortressonvolga_en.jpg.abe19a6b66ddf43663d150424cccda1c.jpg

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 2

What a nice suprise,  Pre-ordered!

So when is Havok over the Kuban coming out?

Edited by w00dy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You're full of surprises! All of them good though. Ordered with thanks.

1 hour ago, w00dy said:

What a nice suprise,  Pre-ordered!

So when is Havok over the Kuban coming out?

Both campaigns are almost completed, we hope that you will receive them by the end of the month.

The actual information about Havok over the Kuban is here

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks BlackSix :salute:

I have been following  Gambits campaign for a while, but your new one was a total surprise to me.

Pre-ordered

Any news on the PO-2? 👍

Havoc Over the Kuban will be available for purchase and released soon. More info coming later this month.

It's our current policy to showcase them one at a time.

Jason

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info Jason and makes sense to showcase one at a time.  

Edited by w00dy

Haven't bought a scripted campaign before, and I'm thinking of picking this one up as my first. How do they compare to the regular missions? I assume they're more detailed

37 minutes ago, =621=Samikatz said:

Haven't bought a scripted campaign before, and I'm thinking of picking this one up as my first. How do they compare to the regular missions? I assume they're more detailed

First of all, the missions have voluminous briefings containing a description of the combat actions for a specific moment and imitating the style of the German military memoirs.

Screens from my first campaign Ten Days of Autumn:

01.thumb.jpg.f0cead7ee8e970bd159b3c83f3472daf.jpg02.thumb.jpg.f0083ceb812b6b4bd8522f1cb64f6e71.jpg

All missions are made by hand, have well-designed routes and they are based on the real tasks that this unit performed during this period.

Screen from Fortress of the Volga:

03.thumb.jpg.59e236875345bf56fc2fd4fc3c6b48e7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

And I forgot about the most important thing! :)

You've asked me many times before and I didn't block the modifications this time, so you can choose Glass Head Rest. This isn't historical for the Autumn 1942, but it will be very convenient for many of you. The choice of weapons and fuel is blocked as it will be associated with the plot of the campaign.

04.thumb.jpg.d1a0bd116f38b05af439b07aa6872b8b.jpg

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Out of interest why JG52 not JG3, given latter were there inside the kessel until the end? 

1) I wanted to continue to tell the story of a German pilot that began in the "Ten Days of Autumn" campaign

2) Usually I show a very short period of time in the campaign, I./JG 52 was there from September 22 to November 5, I used an even shorter period from September 22 to October 10

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Another excuse to fly the 109?.. Sold! 😎

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BlackSix said:

First of all, the missions have voluminous briefings containing a description of the combat actions for a specific moment and imitating the style of the German military memoirs.

Screens from my first campaign Ten Days of Autumn:

01.thumb.jpg.f0cead7ee8e970bd159b3c83f3472daf.jpg02.thumb.jpg.f0083ceb812b6b4bd8522f1cb64f6e71.jpg

All missions are made by hand, have well-designed routes and they are based on the real tasks that this unit performed during this period.

Screen from Fortress of the Volga:

03.thumb.jpg.59e236875345bf56fc2fd4fc3c6b48e7.jpg

Wow! The writing looks fantastic, I think I'll try this new campaign

38 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

1) I wanted to continue to tell the story of a German pilot that began in the "Ten Days of Autumn" campaign

2) Usually I show a very short period of time in the campaign, I./JG 52 was there from September 22 to November 5, I used an even shorter period from September 22 to October 10

Understood. I think that they were lead by Steinhoff at the time? Unfortunately he never wrote (in English) about his time at Stalingrad, but refers in other papers (Straits of Messines) to Luftwaffe forward controllers in the grain elevator. There are some quite harrowing passages as he spoke directly with men who knew that they were about to be lost.

I did enjoy 10 Days of Autumn and will be buying this one too.

Havoc sounds good as well.

Salutations,

Pre-ordered and pleased to announce that the purchase went through smoothly and quickly. Well done.

Pre-ordered. I order everything to support the team.