Sign in to follow this  
Dagwoodyt

Virpil MT50 Grip, Unwanted Rotation

Just received  Warbrd base and CM grip. Worked my way through setup after a bit and stick seems to work as expected. One very irritating issue though is that the grip tends to work loose during dogfights because I tend unintentionally to place some torque on the grip. Loosening defeats the purpose of having ability adjust offset of the grip to right or left. It’s not an issue during takeoff or landings but is very annoying in “combat” modes. Any solution or is this just the nature of the beast?

This is still happening occasionally when least wanted. A set screw thru the base cap could prevent loosening, but, unfortunately, would complicate manufacture.

Posted (edited)

If its of any help I had simmilar problem with Gladaitor pro MK1. Manufacturer suggestion is not to tighten the "grip screw" too firmly but I did that and it fixed my problem. I hope it will stay that way.

BUT...my warranty expired so In your case you should be provided with support from virpil stuff....

Edited by blackram

1 hour ago, blackram said:

If its of any help I had simmilar problem with Gladaitor pro MK1. Manufacturer suggestion is not to tighten the "grip screw" too firmly but I did that and it fixed my problem. I hope it will stay that way.

BUT...my warranty expired so In your case you should be provided with support from virpil stuff....

I really doubt there is anything Virpil can do to "fix" this issue with the current stick design. I use "muscle memory" to avoid help avoid the loosening. It is either a "bug" or "feature" depending on one's POV. I can only imagine that online it would happen during a rolling scissor at low altitude :-)

Same issue.

Can't find a satisfactory solution to it.

VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip

VPC WarBRD_Base