Spit_

VR Development: any priority changes?

22 hours ago, 7./SchG2_v*Athlon said:

I have VR Oculus, it's beautiful.
i fly but much more with 4K 40inch.
But with the hiring of many here BUY ONLY IF IT "VR" GETS TFS 5.0.
If too few TFS 5.0 buy, there will be no TFS 6.0.
Does anyone want that?

I just want BoB in VR. I don't really care who makes it so long as its good.

I think they can better implementating VR in the new to design cockpit’s. Or why not only one VR plane on german and one VR plane on British site.  

Noticed while playing cliffs lately that the cockpits are extremely restrictive, you can barely move around in them. I don't mean rotation wise, but lateral movement. I think this might be a pretty big issue, if anyone remembers how restrictive BOX's cockpits were last year you get the idea. Jason and the team did a great job at making the cockpits as big as possible without you sticking your face through the glass. Made a big difference.

On 4/10/2019 at 9:02 AM, =11=Herne said:

But that's the thing, I pre ordered BoS because I had heard good things about VR integration early in its development. Then Oculus moved the goal posts dropping DX9 support leaving IL2 BoS out in the cold. I had a quick look at BoS and then never played it. in 2017 DX11 and VR came along and I've put in upwards of 1600 hours since then. For some of us, VR Is the game changer.

Now I know TFS are clearly working hard, and deserve a lot of credit and success when version 5.0 eventually drops, but I will be refusing to purchase it until I am sure I am likely to spend more than an hour or two in it which I know will not happen until after the VR patch drops.

I do accept though that VR like people have said is still niche and I am therefore in the minority. As VR tech and price improves though I expect this to change. Where sims are concerned VR is almost certainly a big part of their future.

my wish list is quite simple. Battle of Britain in VR.  :) I look forward to TFS delivering this someday. 

VR's dead till we either get massive performance increases or hardware devs figure it out. I can't play in VR at 50 frames a second and have since dropped it like a sack of potatoes. It's not all it's cracked up to be.

6 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

VR's dead till we either get massive performance increases or hardware devs figure it out. I can't play in VR at 50 frames a second and have since dropped it like a sack of potatoes. It's not all it's cracked up to be.

VR doesn't suit everyone for sure. There are plenty of VR users though who will tell you that they could never go back to flying on a flat screen, as the tech advances that number is sure to grow.

3 hours ago, =11=Herne said:

VR doesn't suit everyone for sure. There are plenty of VR users though who will tell you that they could never go back to flying on a flat screen, as the tech advances that number is sure to grow.

I've said the same thing. Changed my mind about it though. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

I've said the same thing. Changed my mind about it though. 

The whole problem is that BoX, guess you are talking about VR in BoX, is not being optimized for VR. As there are lots of free improvements that can be included by 1c when using Nvidia VRworks. The only thing 1c did was to let it work for VR API software, like SteamVR.  I don’t blame 1c, because I still think it is not that big market, I can only hope. 

Another point is that the whole search to the best VR adjustments is rather complex, like you can adjust Nvidia CP, SteamVR, BoX, Windows and,  adjustments that are working great on my rig, could be wrong if being used on your own different PC hardware in combination with your own different VR headset. 

Then you have also the “self-proclaimed VR scientists “ that even think they can claim the improvement, based on two complete different missions and use the FPS readout in the ingame screen. 🤣   

Finding the right VR adjustments needs hardworking but it is worth to fiddle that out. 

But about Clod I do not think it can run VR because of the old DirectX10 it is using???? I guess. 

Edited by Dutch2

3 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

The whole problem is that BoX, guess you are talking about VR in BoX, is not being optimized for VR. As there are lots of free improvements that can be included by 1c when using Nvidia VRworks. The only thing 1c did was to let it work for VR API software, like SteamVR.  I don’t blame 1c, because I still think it is not that big market, I can only hope. 

Another point is that the whole search to the best VR adjustments is rather complex, like you can adjust Nvidia CP, SteamVR, BoX, Windows and,  adjustments that are working great on my rig, could be wrong if being used on your own different PC hardware in combination with your own different VR headset. 

Then you have also the “self-proclaimed VR scientists “ that even think they can claim the improvement, based on two complete different missions and use the FPS readout in the ingame screen. 🤣   

Finding the right VR adjustments needs hardworking but it is worth to fiddle that out. 

But about Clod I do not think it can run VR because of the old DirectX10 it is using???? I guess. 

CLIFFS BLITZ uses DX-11

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

The best settings would be being able to run high cloud setting on balanced preset, this would give you pretty much constant 90 fps. Until we get that option I am sticking with 2d and very much enjoying it. High preset is way too hard on the framerate. Flying along at 4k is fine, then planes appear and you get close to the ground and next thing you know you are rocking along at 50-60 fps and everythings ghosting and looking like crap. No thanks. I've done the search for 90 for a year and never found it. Spent far too much money doing it as well. Sitting here with two VR headsets that I don't even use anymore.

Edited by JonRedcorn

20 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

CLIFFS BLITZ uses DX-11

you are right Blitz is DX11, only according my old 2011 DVD the stock game was DX10. Did not know they level it up to DX11. 

Only my statement is still the same, I’m not going back to an flysim that does not have VR included. 

2 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

you are right Blitz is DX11, only according my old 2011 DVD the stock game was DX10. Did not know they level it up to DX11. 

Only my statement is still the same, I’m not going back to an flysim that does not have VR included

That's unfortunate.

On 4/15/2019 at 2:45 PM, JonRedcorn said:

The best settings would be being able to run high cloud setting on balanced preset, this would give you pretty much constant 90 fps. Until we get that option I am sticking with 2d and very much enjoying it. High preset is way too hard on the framerate. Flying along at 4k is fine, then planes appear and you get close to the ground and next thing you know you are rocking along at 50-60 fps and everythings ghosting and looking like crap. No thanks. I've done the search for 90 for a year and never found it. Spent far too much money doing it as well. Sitting here with two VR headsets that I don't even use anymore.

For some of the reasons you mention, we will avoid implementing VR in the CoD engine till we have it done correctly.

We could implement a half-way version now, but it would just annoy people and negatively reflect on the game.

7 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

For some of the reasons you mention, we will avoid implementing VR in the CoD engine till we have it done correctly.

We could implement a half-way version now, but it would just annoy people and negatively reflect on the game.

I hope you know he is talking about BoX, this game needs only an implementating from Nvidia VRworks and SLI for VR. Right now you need an i10-9999k/RTX3090ti 😁  to make it run in 90fps straight and for most members a much simpler adjustments for VR. This last aspect is more a less the same as what happen to the OBD series, as the first version, the  OFFseries, did have lots of problems regarding the Cfsconfig, here you could do lots of complex graphical adjustments. While in its successor WoFF, these adjustments has been simplified to only ingame. 

I would say get only 1 popular plane from both sides for VR (spit&109E) and start with this to see if it increases your Clod sales. 

I think that CloD performance in VR will be a higher than BoX since it's less CPU heavy. Please don't put VR development aside.