LizLemon

[MOD] Damage decals

Fantastic, one of the last few things in the game that need attention. 

Cheers!

Nice one.

If only all aircraft's internal structure was modeled equally well!

Hmmm...dont want to be the showstopper here, but I cant see any difference. Looks like the same unrealistic low-res stuff than before.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, butcherbird88 said:

Yes this game really needs Damage Enhancement Decals, I hate the black spots on the wings of the 190.

Some of the black spots are because nothing is really underneath the skin. If it was alpha cut it would just show straight through.

11 hours ago, Picchio said:

Nice one.

If only all aircraft's internal structure was modeled equally well!

The 109, 111 and the La-5 are the only aircraft that have a full engine modeled. The 190 just has the first row and stuff like the yak and lagg-3 have nothing under the engine fairing. Ribs and are also inconsistent with some having alpha cuts in the lightening holes while others dont. This mod makes all the aircraft have alpha cuts in the spars and ribs.

4 hours ago, Semor76 said:

Hmmm...dont want to be the showstopper here, but I cant see any difference. Looks like the same unrealistic low-res stuff than before.

Make sure you have it actually installed

compar.thumb.png.14d2ca4deb8b38b98b3dfa9a204ec2ce.png

Edited by LizLemon

9 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

That's great LizLemon, i hope you can make some BOK ones too!

When I have it I will.

• Like 1

Someone just linked this in another thread. this needs way more exposure!

Fantastic improvement that should be vanilla, will try it when I'm home from work.

On 11/27/2018 at 9:18 PM, butcherbird88 said:

Yes this game really needs Damage Enhancement Decals, I hate the black spots on the wings of the 190.

Yep me too, the stock flat black inkspots are so badmade, or maybe not made.  I will give it a go, I do hope for some 3d, whille I’m using a VR HS. 

edit: I still have that black inkspots, not that much being improved. What this mod need is an real artist who can make 3D-look-a-like spots. 

Edited by Dutch2
  • Like 1

Hey Liz is this update added to the existing mod or is this a complete new install thanks by the way we need this stuff in game.

GJ!!!
If the edge of hole can darker...it's probably looks like a real one.
like DCS style.

Can you check the LaGG 3? At least with my install I get holes in the cowling that you can see though improperly. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/17/2019 at 10:41 AM, thenorm said:

Can you check the LaGG 3? At least with my install I get holes in the cowling that you can see though improperly. 

Yeah I was a bit too aggressive when adding alpha cuts. Only a few planes actually have geometry under the engine cowling, and even then its often incomplete.

Just curious, does this nice mod not work anymore after the last updates?

I know you can't look through every hole your plane gets but on several Bf109s I flew recently this effect seems to be completely gone now.

4 hours ago, vonGraf said:

Just curious, does this nice mod not work anymore after the last updates?

I know you can't look through every hole your plane gets but on several Bf109s I flew recently this effect seems to be completely gone now.

I didn't notice any change after the update. As you say, some holes could never been seen through anyway, the rest seem to be working for me.

• Upvote 1

On 10/23/2019 at 6:51 PM, Goffik said:

I didn't notice any change after the update. As you say, some holes could never been seen through anyway, the rest seem to be working for me.

Yeah, right. Have seen a He-111 today with a good Flak hit in the fuselage and the damage was modeled as expected.