=RS=Stix_09

Patch 3.007 What is the Impact on mission building?

There are a lot of changes in the  3.007 patch. How do these impact mission builders and maps?

Started this thread for people to feedback what they have discovered. (I'm in the dark on this one currently)

But I have noted some very odd behavior around kills awarding (and I know this was part of this update)

Highlighted ones below I suspect in this regard

Main features:

10. Multiplayer: a kill will be awarded immediately only if an enemy pilot was killed, bailed out or his aircraft crumbled;
11. Multiplayer: a kill won't be awarded if a pilot manages to return and land at a friendly airfield (with the exception of point 12, see below);

12. In mission statistics, an aircraft will be scrapped only if its fuselage or a wing at its base has been ruptured;
13. New, more detailed damage modeling is used for simple (AI controlled) vehicles - it is now possible to damage their engines, wheels or tracks, crew and ammo rack;

Multiplayer changes:

23. Binary mission logs are now saved correctly (needed for mission stats debugging);

I have noted some odd behavious around kills in quick mission too RE my post in patch 3.007 discussion thread

Edited by =RS=Stix_09

No impact whatsoever from where I sit - single player.

• Upvote 1

New effects:

24o81z7.jpg

Highlighted in yellow you have the signal smoke effects in differet colors: 

I didnt have wind in my testing, but I would assume they go with the wind:

2vv6fwi.jpg

Highlighted in red are some new effects, mostly some small smoke stacks and tiny explosions for vehicles.

030 is probably  my favorite, it's a small black smoke column.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

New effects:

Highlighted in yellow you have the signal smoke effects in differet colors: 

I didnt have wind in my testing, but I would assume they go with the wind:

Yes, the new effects go with the wind. I haven't tested the old effects yet to see if they have changed re. the wind direction.

Highlighted in red are some new effects, mostly some small smoke stacks and tiny explosions for vehicles.

030 is probably  my favorite, it's a small black smoke column.

Hmmm, I don't have the numbered effects.

22: The coalition flag in the game world switches correctly

Does anyone know what this means?

48: Speed tooltip appears correctly while hovering the mouse cursor over a waypoint

I assume this means that you can mouse over an icon translator in game and it shows the description that you specified in the translator, which works in my test..

Edited by JimTM

1 hour ago, JimTM said:

22: The coalition flag in the game world switches correctly

Does anyone know what this means?

I'm gonna guess it's the flag that is used to cpature points on the ground when using tanks, but not sure.

1 hour ago, JimTM said:

48: Speed tooltip appears correctly while hovering the mouse cursor over a waypoint

I assume this means that you can mouse over an icon translator in game and it shows the description that you specified in the translator, which works in my test..

Yes, that's my understanding too.

Monkey - that’s the forward controller smoke that I asked Jason and Han for!

This is huge for me, as I have radio calls “sending smoke now” “bracket that smoke”

etc.

I take back what I said - huge impact for me and my Jug campaign.

• Like 1

Smoke from landfire, static_fire, house_smoke, and vehicle fires now goes in the direction of the wind rather than always going South.

As before the patch, smoke from city_fire, city_firesmall, and villagesmoke goes in the direction to which the effect icon is oriented.

• Upvote 1