F/JG300_Faucon

Kurfürst fans?

I was just wondering if I was the only one (i'm sure i'm not ;)). If you are there, share why you are looking foward to fly this little bird :)

To me K4 is quite special because it's the last outcome of a 10 years old aircraft. Despite this, even if we consider Friedrich and first Gustavs were the best variants, Kurfurst could still compete with latest allied fighters. 

Even if it was getting heavier and heavier, it's still one of the smallest and lighest race horse, champion of power/weight ratio and so, climb rate. But it's not anymore a good turn fighter (depending on what you are fighting against) and B&Z with high speed is too tricky due to hard controls. So... it's going to be challenging to face the large variety of high-performance allied fighters.

Mustangs drivers will learn to fear and respect that bird of prey :cool:

13951228061_4e4a7ca128_o.jpg

Edited by F/JG300_Faucon
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

I see a lot of people "meh another 109" at the K... I don't understand why, I'm hyped up!

There is also the fact that it comes out together with the jug, and that a lot of people will fly the jug the first few weeks and completely suck at it. I'll do my best to drown myself in a heavy downpour of jug tears while flying the K-4

Edited by =FSB=HandyNasty
typo / phrase construction
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I like all 109s,many types and charateristics.Different as FW190s,it's completly wild and roughly.

In the last stage of WWII,the some as Japanese "zero",they are tragedy heros.

I'm looking forward to fly K-4 in "IL-2 BOX".It's confirmed we can have plentiful modification of K-4:good:

We can fly K-4 in many other games,but I'm sure the K-4 in "IL-2 BOX" will be the best!!!

• Upvote 1

As an F4 and G2 fanboy, what can I expect to like/dislike with the K4? I don’t know much about her..

Its absolutely beautiful plane together with late war camo.

Im in love with late war german aicrafts .

I would be happy with only low ata variant, but now Im in heaven.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, 1_Robert_ said:

As an F4 and G2 fanboy, what can I expect to like/dislike with the K4? I don’t know much about her..

One thing that stands out with this bird is its insane thrust to weight ratio. Don't think (m)any other WW2 fighters come close.

20 minutes ago, 1_Robert_ said:

You will love the power of the 2 Mg131 and the Mk108. You will love the MW50 boost (it's already available with G14: crazy). 

You will probably dislike the increased weight, which make it not as good in turn fight compare to F4 and early Gustavs.

Im already getting a lot of enjoyment from the G6, so really looking forward to what the kurfurst has to offer. 

Thus far I think I have only flown the G14 on 3 occasions online outside of training or dogfight servers. It's pretty rare. 

5 hours ago, =FSB=HandyNasty said:

I see a lot of people "meh another 109" at the K... 

[...]

Man, I honestly dont understand that people. I mean, what planes you expect to see in a flight sim where Germany is present? you cant compare a E7 eith an F2, nor a F2 with an F4 and so on. All them are completely different planes. Maybe if devs call them differently, instead of "BF109 XX" those guys gonna be happy for the sake of not reading 109 anymore.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I think its an important plane for late war Luftwaffe fighter set, but I'm not personally super thrilled about it. Besides improved performance and Mk108 as the standard main weapon, it provides little new to someone who has flown 109s a lot. I find differences between E, Fs and Gs more interesting than G-14 to K-4 or G-10. I will still fly and likely enjoy it.

Well... Nah I’m not looking that much forward to it. The K-4 was pretty much just the culmination of a long process of adding new design features to the 109 that had been going on for well over a year. By absolute standards it is the “best” Bf 109, but by late 1944 it was also an aging design that was well past its prime (that’s not to say that it wasn’t still competitive) 

It does have the destinction of being the best-looking 109 since the F4, though.

16 minutes ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

Man, I honestly dont understand that people. I mean, what planes you expect to see in a flight sim where Germany is present? you cant compare a E7 eith an F2, nor a F2 with an F4 and so on. All them are completely different planes. Maybe if devs call them differently, instead of "BF109 XX" those guys gonna be happy for the sake of not reading 109 anymore.

The same could be said for the Yakovlev fighters. People have been complaining about them too, despite there only being 3 versions in the sim.

I'm interested in any new plane. Back in IL-2: Forgotten Battles I played an insanely long career flying the Bf109K-4 on the Berlin map facing down a lot of late war Russian types and the odd Mustang made an appearance too. So to relive a piece of that with a IL-2: Great Battles Series level of detail with the K-4 makes me pretty excited. It'll be 100% be overshadowed by the P-47 on release but in the grand scheme of things it'll be great to have the K-4.

Bring it on!

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

The same could be said for the Yakovlev fighters. People have been complaining about them too, despite there only being 3 versions in the sim.

As for starters we need at least 3 more to cover the bare basics. Yak 9, Yak 3 and early Yak 1. Then this needs to be fleshed out. All in all 8 additional Yaks would do the trick :P

Oh and we still need 109s G10 and G14/AS which saw a lot of action in Bodenplatte and in the time frame 9/44-4/45.

Edited by sevenless
  • Upvote 6

I'm looking forward to the K4.

Bodenplatte is a late war scenario and the K4 was an important plane in that time period.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Thanks Faucon to have opened this post. I' m also a fan of k4 and I m looking forward for it.

Like G 14, the Kurfust is another beast in the luftwaffe late war parck, and allied planes will have to be aware about its fire power.

Sure it will be more heavy than G serie, so fly it will be a challenge against spit mkIX and mustangs..and in my opinion an aerial victory  made with K4 will be more apreciated.

Hope to see soon more often G14 and K4 in online servers.

Faucon is a great pilot and I m sure he will make a massacre with Kurfust !!

Happy hunting !!

giphy_(49).gif

Edited by ITAF_Rani
  • Upvote 1

I'm way too rubbish at flying the 109 in any capacity. The Mk108 and the Erla-Haube are two very nice improvements but beyond that I'm unlikely to survive any longer in the K4 than in the E-7. Tissue paper is tissue paper regardless of the engine torque.

Maybe the K4 is not as suited for turning dogfigt as F4s but if you see what kind of enemies ig going to fight the K4 is still a good plane to fight like this. 

I preffer to dogfight with a K4 against a P51s or P47s, p38s rather than fighting a Yak with the G2 or F4.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, sevenless said:

As for starters we need at least 3 more to cover the bare basics. Yak 9, Yak 3 and early Yak 1. Then this needs to be fleshed out. All in all 8 additional Yaks would do the trick :P

Oh and we still need 109s G10 and G14/AS which saw a lot of action in Bodenplatte and in the time frame 9/44-4/45.

Yak9T/B/M/U

People complaining about too many 109s would have something else coming

• Upvote 1

Ultimate true energy fighter as far as WWII props go. Energy fighting works well in this game, so it’ll likely be the king in the hands of those who can compensate for the handling quirks. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Good luck !!

109s are already easy to shoot down due to their weak tail section, I doubt the K4 will do much better since it has some wood tail surfaces iirc.

Tails made out of Stalinwood. Now if that is not a ninja buff, I do not know what is.

The cocpit must be resistant to hits by even tank shells, if they also take into consideration that some planes had their instument panel and pilot sets made out of plywood.

Edited by VO101Kurfurst

3 hours ago, E69_geramos109 said:

Maybe the K4 is not as suited for turning dogfigt as F4s but if you see what kind of enemies ig going to fight the K4 is still a good plane to fight like this. 

I preffer to dogfight with a K4 against a P51s or P47s, p38s rather than fighting a Yak with the G2 or F4.

In standard "WoL combat" the heavier K-4 will still be as nimble - or more than than all Allied planes, save for the Spitfire. This type of online combat really doesn't lend itself to the strengths of the American planes. 

In a weird way, the best P-51/P-47 pilots will be the guys who currently are extremely good Fw-190 pilots. 

Edited by StG77_Kondor
  • Upvote 4

I'm eagerly waiting for the K4. For me it's a really interesting aircraft. As the DD said that mix of pragmatic wooden parts and top notch engine with that raw power it's a great combination. Also I am fan of late war 109s and their camo schemes

3 hours ago, Legioneod said:

109s are already easy to shoot down due to their weak tail section, I doubt the K4 will do much better since it has some wood tail surfaces iirc.

:rofl::rofl:

So, you are telling you are able to aim a very precise part of an aircraft during an intense dogfight? 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, F/JG300_Faucon said:

:rofl::rofl:

So, you are telling you are able to aim a very precise part of an aircraft during an intense dogfight? 

Sure, done it before. All it takes is a few shots to take out some of the tail controls. The 109 is very weak in this regard. Besides, with 8 .50s I wont need to be that precise.

5 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:

In standard "WoL combat" the heavier K-4 will still be as nimble - or more than than all Allied planes, save for the Spitfire. This type of online combat really doesn't lend itself to the strengths of the American planes. 

In a weird way, the best P-51/P-47 pilots will be the guys who currently are extremely good Fw-190 pilots. 

If the Jug and Runstang are as easy to point as the P-40 but with a lot more performance things ought not be too bad. And being able to SEE to line up on a crossing snapshot will sure be a change from the thing that makes online 190 pilots wanna bang their head on desk.

Edited by CMBailey

9 minutes ago, CMBailey said:

If the Jug and Runstang are as easy to point as the P-40 but with a lot more performance things ought not be too bad. And being able to SEE to line up on a crossing snapshot will sure be a change from the thing that makes online 190 pilots wanna bang their head on desk.

You bring up a good point. One thing I don't see mentioned much is visibility advantage and the P-47 and P-51 have a huge advantage in this regard. Visibility in these aircraft a far better than the German aircraft, even the 190.

16 hours ago, sevenless said:

Thats not a bad idea. Have the Devs make a "Yak Pak" and the Russian market will eat it up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Sure, done it before. All it takes is a few shots to take out some of the tail controls. The 109 is very weak in this regard. Besides, with 8 .50s I wont need to be that precise.

Usually if one is in position to hit the enemy at all, one is in position to pump in so many hits that the target will break into pieces or go down anyway, specific weak points hit or not. Weak tail(I dont think it actually is any weaker, just heavier) isnt a true weakness as getting shot at means the enemy is on the top already, getting hit is very bad news and the fight is likely lost anyway. I think that for most WW2 fighters, trying to aim and hit at a specific location on a maneuvering single seater is almost always counter productive. The firing opportunity is typically too short for one to waste it with overcareful aiming. Even when successfull, shooting more, earlier and scoring more hits tends to be better. Only exceptions are when armament is very light and fire needs to be focused, like in WW1 with only 2 machine guns. And for Macchi. :)

• Upvote 3

Im not neccessary hyped because if you fly DCS you know what's coming lol. Unless the K4 is regulated, prepare for DCS WW2 v1.98 edition. 

In all seriousness I feel like there is no honour in flying the K4 and I felt the same way with the F4.

All you have to do to win a dogfight in a K4 is spiral climb. The advantage in the vertical is light years ahead of any fighter in game. If you prefer good old turn fighting you'll do just fine. You cant go wrong with picking a Bf-109, it just gets the job done.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:

I completely agree here. 

Also, the Jug and Mustang will be better performing in serious servers like TAW where one is more compelled to maintain discipline, compared to more casual servers. 

13 minutes ago, =EXPEND=SchwarzeDreizehn said:

I always aim for the 2nd propeller blade 👌🏻

2nd propeller blade is indeed a notorious weak spot in WW2 warbirds. 

29 minutes ago, DSR_T-888 said:

In all seriousness I feel like there is no honour in flying the K4 and I felt the same way with the F4.

All you have to do to win a dogfight in a K4 is spiral climb. The advantage in the vertical is light years ahead of any fighter in game. If you prefer good old turn fighting you'll do just fine. You cant go wrong with picking a Bf-109, it just gets the job done.

:o:

Every aircraft have their special advantage. 

Spitfire is just turning and pulling on a stick (even my grandmother or a baby could win a dogfight). 190, P51, and especially P47 is B&Z and H&R tactics. Btw they are also good divers to escape from a bad situation (if enough high). 

So I could say:

"All you have to do to win a dogfight in a Spitfire is turning. The advantage in horizontal turn and the super efficiency of the elevator is light years ahead etc etc...".

"All you have to do to win a dogfight in a P47 is B&Z. The advantage in dive and max speed is light years ahead etc etc...".

Anyway, "dogfight" is mainly about SA (if you care about returning to base). You won't always have the change to do your spiral turn. 

I just don't get why there is less "honour" or challenge. But I respect your "feeling". Although I would like to see how you'll manage to dogfight against Spitfire and P47 (or 51 or Tempest) in the same time...

• Upvote 3