chuter

Why the Tiger

Why, oh why was the Tiger debuted with the KV1?  The panzer 4G would have been a much better choice, in my opinion (ie, uber enough - lol).  The Tiger should really have been paired with the SU-152 just to keep things a bit balanced.  I've been playing red for the last couple of hours against a couple of Tigers and a varying number of friendlies (0 to 4) and the Tigers just HAMMER the KV1 and T34.  The worst possible scenario is when they get into position where they can see the spawn point, then, if you're playing red, you can enjoy getting knocked out while spawning before you have even left the briefing page (which is its very own special issue).  Its a fun tank on its own but the Russians struggle to make a competition of it.  Oh for the days of the T34 and Panzer 3 when things were better balanced (ikr - lol).   Well, the game will eventually be completed and we can all enjoy ourselves then, right?  Right! 

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

If you hit the Tiger in the wrong place you need 10-15 shots to actually hurt it, and it is the exactly the same with the T-34. I have unloaded at least +10 shots in to a T-34 with no affect. Still if you know where to hit the Tiger you only need 1 shot, same with the T-34. The Russian tanks are faster and most of the time are in a greater number online, and they still trying to attack the Germans head on(?) witch is the worst thing they can do.

Yesterday I was trying fight off 4 T-34 in my Tiger on a field, and I was holding them off for a while as they tried to surround me, and they kept saying thing like (the usual) "the tiger is so OP" and so on, but every kill I got the Russian tanker didn't even know my exakt position and was looking somewhere else, soo in this case and many other cases when I play online I get the first and the second shot until they finally finds me and turns there gun at me. 

When a good Russian tanker knows the Tiger position, the optimal range of there gun, they kill it with 1 to 2 shots.

• Upvote 3

I agree with Chuter's sentiment, but also with the notion that the Tiger, as featured, isn't as op as it would normally be.

Some factors the level the situation a bit:

* the tiger and the KV, being the newer tanks in game, having the new UI, are more cumbersome to operate by a single player, it takes more clicks to jump between commander, with the open hatch, and gunner.

* the excessive damage that the HE rounds inflict on the tiger from the front, which must be unrealistic.

Yeah it's no fun fighting tigers on an open plain, the more folds in the terrain, the more interesting it becomes.

I’ve been reading a lot about the effect of HE on the Tiger. So I made a target practice on mission editor, loaded the T-34 with HEs, and must have unloaded 15 or 20 shells before I finally destroyed one.

I’ve been one-shot in a Tiger by a T-34 multiple times online, either stationary or moving. How is that possible? Any particular spot to hit? Is it an online phenomenon?

Offline, I have no success with HEs.

6 hours ago, BP_Lizard said:

I’ve been reading a lot about the effect of HE on the Tiger. So I made a target practice on mission editor, loaded the T-34 with HEs, and must have unloaded 15 or 20 shells before I finally destroyed one.

I’ve been one-shot in a Tiger by a T-34 multiple times online, either stationary or moving. How is that possible? Any particular spot to hit? Is it an online phenomenon?

Until we get a bullet-cam (like in WT) we will never know for sure if its just a quirk or a bug in the implementation. Same is true for all other tanks - I expect many more threads plagued with discussions such as these with people unable to determine if something is a bug or intention.

And so people don't come here claiming that bullet-cam is unrealistic - I do not suggest that we should have the bullet cam during the game set to expert difficulty. However we should have it at the very least as an option during the replay, to determine exactly what happened and to be able to learn from it.

Edited by JaffaCake
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, BP_Lizard said:

The effects of HE are I believe considered unrealistic because a) you would expect almost no effect, from the front, and b) because you stand a better chance damaging the tiger from the front, than you would, with AP or APHE. But it isn't the case that you would expect your first shot, or even the first handful, to take it out.

Since the mechanism of why HE works at all isn't known, we also don't know a lot about why one spot would be better than another. I get the impression that the cupola is a weak spot, but there is a lot of variance.

Back from another round  --  and doubling down.  Tigers with the sabots just roll up to the Russian spawn point and knock out T34s and Kv1s as they spawn in.  I attempted to stop their advance by hitting a sprocket which worked on a few occasions when I was able to get lucky on anticipating the jinking but ...

When I'm in the Tiger I find the sabots amazing if a little difficult to range initially.  But they are brutal.

And, again, getting knocked out while still looking at the briefing page is just <goofy>.