Carl_infar

Where to after BoBP

I think this already was discussed but somehow I missed it.

With all those work the developers are putting into the jet engines for ME262, the transonic phenomena, advanced gun sights, etc it would be shame not to expand on this.

I think the next theatre that Jason could go would be Korea. The advantages would be as follows:

• Lot of nations from Europe, Asia, America  participated in this war, so this could be a good selling point

• The technology for  the carries operations could be tried out, and developed (as only one side had carriers the situation of showing the pacific battles with 12 planes each side attacking the fleets which would not give those battles justice would be avoided)

• Some of the planes that took part we will have shortly (like P51, Po2)and maybe as it was before we might receive some standalone planes in the period between Bobo and next battle like for example Yak 9, La7, Dacota …

• It’s a superb occasion to do this conflict a Justice

The plane set  also due to above (the P51 and PO2 we will have and probably maybe Yak 9) doesn’t have to be the usual 5 to 5. It can be also asymmetric, like 4 to 6 etc. An example below:

Korea/China/Russia

- mig 15 (its variants covered trough, equipment mods)

- la 11

- tu2

- il10

USA/UN

-Sabre (its variants covered trough, equipment mods)

-Shooting star

-Douglas A1 Skyrider

-Douglas A-26 Invader

-Fairey Firefly or Sea Fury or F4U corsair

-Gruman F9F Panther

-A.I. Bell h13 Sioux also might be considered

Maybe also -de Havilland Vampire or Gloster meteor as standalone premium planes…

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Fixed game name for you
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

They go where they could anticipate to have the most sales. My bet is on PTO or Normandy. We will know for sure once BoBP is out of the door in 2019.

• Upvote 2

I am still all in for a pacific theater. zeros and thunderbolts, torpedos, palm tree islands, jungle, carrier landings, all quite different to BOX and CloD.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

My guess is Pacific, if they have solved the issues that prevented them from going there previously, as they originally planned.

Italy / Mediterranean would be my next guess, possibly after evaluating how well IL2 CloD: Tobruk will do and if they see any future for that game.

Anyway, I hope that they stay in WWII era rather than going to Korea. 

Pacific. Even if Im not interested in any american plane (except for P47), nor in any japanese (except for the Tony), I would prefer that theater over Korea, so much more tbh

16 minutes ago, II./JG77_Kemp said:

Italy / Mediterranean would be my next guess, possibly after evaluating how well IL2 CloD: Tobruk will do and if they see any future for that game.

Nah, we wont see CloD: Tobruk before 2020 and 1CGS needs a plan in 2019.

32 minutes ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

I really, really hope Korea is not where we are headed. So much of WW2 still remains. 

Me too, but I think it will be Korea. 

I dont like pto, but i would rather have pto then korea.

I still hope for another late war ww2 scenario

I hope they'll stick to ww2, plenty of ww2 fronts left to cover, it's a ww2 flight sim after all (in the spirit of il2:1946). 

PTO next, than i hope BoB or Mediterranean theatre.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I would also prefer Pacific, but I hope they do explore Korea at some point.

Interesting mechanics like torpedoes, carrier landings and the drastic change in environment from what we have now is what does it for me. I'm sure the planeset would be interesting as well, but I am less knowledgeable about japanese and american carrier fighters so I wouldnt know what to expect.

• Like 1

I'll echo what others have said: i hope they stay in WWII.

I know there are not that many missiles in Korea, but as soon as we enter missile territory I'm out. That combat style is not appealing to me at all.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

It all depends on solving the problems of aircraft carriers and torpedoes. So many theatres and battles need one or both. I'm certain that the team are still hoping for Midway.

While I really hope it isn't Korea I like how it being a multi national conflic is a plus and then only have one slot in the proposed plane set for a non-american plane (even that has the Corsaire as option.)

50 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I'll echo what others have said: i hope they stay in WWII.

I know there are not that many missiles in Korea, but as soon as we enter missile territory I'm out. That combat style is not appealing to me at all.

AFAIK missiles were never used in A2A combat between fighters. Again AFAIK the only missile in service then was the American GAR-8, which was the predecessor to the AIM-9 sidewinder. It couldn't be fired when pulling more than 3 G's, it had incredibly short range, low maneuverability, and the seeker head could only move 2 degrees off of bore sight.

They were only ever used against slow targets moving in straight lines, like bombers or transports. I doubt if IL2 went to Korea the devs would bother to take the time to model them.

You mean after Bodenplatte and Midway? Propably not britain or Afrika because of CLODR. So maybe battle of Central Europe? Early War, Italian and french Planes and maybe even a C36. Maybe Battle of Spain.

• Upvote 1

Hope for WWII too (do not have much interest in Korea).

With the idleness how they work should be Pacific not a big problem for them.....

Korea or China Civil War La-11 vs  P-51, La-11 vs A-20 havoc, but without jets.

Vote for Battle of Spain if not Battle of North Africa , center Europe , Mediterranean ...& Battle of the Atlantic : 1943-44 (Normandy) 1944-45 .

Edited by RAY-EU
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jade_Monkey said:

...but as soon as we enter missile territory I'm out. That combat style is not appealing to me at all.

Very much agreed. This is sort of why I am not opposed to Korea even though it has jets. Fighting close range with cannons in MiG alley sounds pretty awsome. And the MiG-15 and Sabre are such legendary aircraft as well. It is close enough to WWII that I would accept it. Also the IL-10 could be cool...

Yeah I am all about WWII myself.

For me I kind hope it stays in that theme.

• Upvote 1

Another 'whats next' thread... we'll have another 20 pages of what we had for the last five threads on the same subject  :dash:

(By the way... it's Korea next, be sure)

• Upvote 1

carrier battles

torpedos

My wish. 

But I take any WW2 setting. I like all props.

Edited by DiscoPhil

Sorry I ready the title ‘where after bobo’  And I was thinking the clown... :( 

but it all in all, i like the early flyers... between the wars..

• Upvote 1

Pacific would be the next for sure if the devs managed to find/translate data for the japanese planes.

After I'd love a battle of france theater or an operation torch theater.

After they could always sell "packs of planes" to expend the theaters we already have (new toys are always nice).

Korea would be nice but... I don't know, I feel IL-2 always have been a WWII sim and there is still much to do. So maybe one day, I mean we did not have many sims about korea, but not just now.

• Upvote 1

I can almost guarantee that I won't be buying any Korea module should it be produced. Military aviation peaks at WW2 and has been in a downward spiral since as far as my personal interest goes.

North Africa

BoB

The Mediterranean

The rest of the Eastern front

The Pacific

Spanish Civil War

That's my list.

• Like 1

My list.

The channel and Normandy

The air war in the build up to overlord, the fighting above normandy en the initial stages of the breaktrough from Normandy. It would be good prequel to Bodenplatte, but i'm struggling with the German aircraft that could be added. All fighters are already in game if i'm correct. The anti V1 operations could also be worked in in a later period on the same map(hooray for the Tempest!).

Finland

I really loved this map in il2 1946. The front features a great and unique early war planeset on both sides (even if it is '39 or '41/'42) I15's, Buffalo's, Fokker D.XXI's, SB2's etc

Korea

Sea Fury's, Mustangs, Twin Mustangs, Corsairs, Invaders, Migs, Sabres, Shooting Stars, thunderjets. Yes please.

Brings back good memories about Mig Alley.

For the rest, France '39/40 and Spain would be cool but i don't think they would sell well enough. And the TF guys have North Africa and the BoB covered with VR support coming eventually

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Maybe North Africa, with early/midwar tanks and P-40s, Spits, Hurris versus 109s and 190s.

The world desperately needs a realistic, historical MMO tank game so I hope they continue to expend the GVs.

This company could conceivably corner the market and become the grand unified WWII sim eventually.

Edited by CMBailey

i dont see them doing normandy after pacific or probably ever, i see them going in Italy after pto, salerno anzio landings or later north parts and bonus is you avoid having problems for axis airplanes as you can have italan airplanes to add, and you can get same type of airplanes you would get in normandy for allieds, and also map would be most interesting by its mountains and sea and nice citys.