Have you bought Bodenplatte?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Have you bought Bodenplatte?

• Yes
    • No
    • I plan to do so
    • No, I don't like the ETO

Hello,

As many of you can appreciate, the arrival of the USAF and the European theater is prone for new players to acquire the simulator, especially in the USA.
The selection of famous airframes and the maturity of the game creates an environment to reach for the hearts of new potential flyers. For some of us (me included) this does not matter since I like the airwar overall and I will buy it but I know that for many others it is an important part in the decission to be part of Il-2
In this survey I would like to ask if you have purchased Bodenplatte or plan to do so when it is complete. I would also like to see your opinion and the impact these aircrafts can have on the simulator.

Edited by LF_Gallahad
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I buy everything this team will make. I would rather finish up the eastern front and go to the Pacific before late war Europe but I understand why it's necessary. A lot of people see Bodenplatte and start whining about us apparently only being able to go forward in time from there and saying there is nothing left of WW2. 

I am holding off, at least for now,  because if I give them my money upfront what incentive do they have to produce truly amazing and groundbreaking product ?

However,  I will pre-order Bondenplatte if they manage to convince me they achieved a huge leap in technology (like for instance BF-like destructible environments combined with ground fidelity of latest DCS maps). But from what I have seen so far the improvements are more evolutionary than revolutionary, don't get me wrong: IMHO IL2 is still the best sim on the market but I think there is a lot of room for improvement, especially as it pertains to how ground-level physics/graphics work.

• Thanks 1

I have some dcs friends who are interested in it because the only ww2 planes they know are the b17, mustang, and jug.  I hope it fuels more interest for them because it's never hurts to have more wingmen.

In what is the Evening in Europe I've seen as many as 200 people across the multiplayer servers.  Normally it isn't quite that high.  When the sun starts setting in the Americas, that number drops dramatically.   You might have 50 or 60 people in one server, and I would say that a plurality of the people are Brazillian, most of whom, for some reason, only fly German aircraft.  This almost always leads to a team imbalance in favor of the Axis.  So I'm definitely hoping that USAAF aircraft brings in some better numbers from the USA.

Edited by SeaSerpent
USAF to USAAF
  • Haha 1

Don't mean to be mean, but in answer to your question, why would I not ? So far this team has excelled at almost all that has released. They got my backing mate !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I pre-ordered because there has been something in every module to like, Bodenplatte is no different in that respect,  I buy to see how that particular theater develops not for any particular plane type as such.  Not really sure if this module will bring many new players in or put many existing players off, that remains to be seen, each to their own as they say.

Personally I like the East, especially if we eventually include the Finnish front, but I like and am interested in all WWII aviation in general so Bodenplatte brings nothing particularly special for me that I would feel I could only buy into this series because of the plane set in it, some like late war, some not.

As much as the aircraft in their own right are impressive machines, for me the map is the deciding factor, we add a European setting that can go all the way back,  who can say what types might appear once the module is complete.

Why do we never start at the beginning and go forward?

With a few maps we could go all the way from England to Germany, or should that be Germany to England?

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug

Hesitated but bought. Won’t hestitate to go pacific 😬

Thank you all for your kind answers. I think we are going to witness a good time for the new Il-2 series. Opening this new theater will bring new players. As I already mentioned on other topic, some friends of mine whose knowledge of planes is more strict are looking forward to it or already bought it. The famous planeset will sell like hot cakes and the team will make a great quality product. Our fellow comrades at the other side of the ocean also want to test their famous planes and that might even give them some interest in other less known battles for them.

This will get a boost on the sales for sure.

About other theaters and as I said before I am also willing almost anything from the Devs. So far I have seen great quality and the most important factor, I have fun with all of the content I bought. 

Future is looking bright for Il-2 series. More development means more content but also bug fixing and details. So far, 1C has been the only brand that really makes me happy to hear about as they always deliver details. Like if were chirstmas and I was a child again.

I prefer 1942 and earlier generally... so... I'll pick it up on sale and focus my money on the WWI sims...

...but then I'm kindof odd in that I want night-bombers, and recon aircraft as 'priorities' :)

I wasn’t planning on getting it.   If it brings anything significant in terms of gameplay then I would buy it however.  But for now I’ve got enough planes and maps. 

Obviously from the bars you can see that I have it. Out of curiosity to see how the team will cope with US/UK models which take them a little outside their comfort zone. Also to see if they can do a better job of a NW Europe map than CloD, which admittedly is not a high bar.  I have been flying/playing CFSs for long enough that I am a little bit bored with them, especially as they insist in covering the same ground over and over again.  

However, flight sim developers make constant advances which rekindle interest; but always find a new way to make a hash of things - as the earlier team demonstrated with Unlock-gate.  So far we have a spectacular advance in the British Gyro gun sight - and a spectacular fail in the most recent interpretation of the Spitfire cooling system, still uncorrected weeks after the developers have been informed of their error.

After so many years of virtual flying around in circles the important thing is not the destination but the journey. It is not so much playing the game which interests me now - although I still do from time to time - but following the development of the hobby.  

Edited by unreasonable
  • Upvote 1

Got it.  Never gave clicking buy now a second thought.

Some of the best entertainment bang for my buck I've had from a sim, let alone computer game from this series.  I'm very much enjoying the early release content so far, and looking forward to more.

I was orientating on a VR headset and did finally made a choice for the Odessey plus on the black friday deal, so being from the Eurozone my gaming budget is now very limited. But if the Mustang and Thunderbolt are released, as an financial limited member, I will try to go for the Bobpl pre-order. That made me number 11 in the vote “I plan to do so”.

edit: And that can be changed now, because I did get some money from my parents, that is now wel spend I guess. 

Up to BoK, because it seems lots have been changed in a positive direction compared to the first published pictures. 

Edited by Dutch2

Salutations,

More theatres of operation and planes the better as far as I am concerned.  :yahoo:

Another poll where the proper answer isn't there for me.

I am not 100% sure if i'll buy it, but that has nothing to do with not liking ETO, I actually prefer it over the Eastern Front. There are other reasons why I am not sure.

First of all, there are still a few unsolved issues regarding the base game, that let me doubt if i'll stick with it in the long term..

More importantly and second of all, I think there is a real lack of variation in the plane set. While the plane sets so far had a good variation between light and heavy fighters, attack planes and proper bombers, this time we actually have 10 fighters (I know, I know, you can use them as fighterbombers, but that doesn't count for me). Where are the B-25s, the B-26s, the Arado 234s, the Ju88-G? The 262 and the P-38 soften the blow just a little, since they are quite different from the one-engine fighters, but the set definitely lacks two heavier aircraft. 

In addition, the 4-engined heavies play a big part on the western front. I would have been fine seeing them as simplified AI like in DCS. They would at least have caused a purpose to go up high, where most encounters happened on the western front. I feel, a lot of gameplay variation has been wasted this way. 

That's why i'll wait till full release and see how much I am going to play IL2 by then, and how the future plans are looking

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even though I do not fly all the aircraft; I will continue to keep supporting this sim. I buy all content including collectables every time. This sim did have a bumpy start with people enraged and leaving but they should have stayed. This sim has really blossomed into something that unites a lot of people across the world to share a common passion.

I am beyond thrilled that I finally get to fly for my own country in the P-47D. The P-51D has been my favorite for quite a long time. I would love to see a flyable Mitchell and a B-17 though. I can only imagine how many bomber units would form up if those two came out. I imagine they'd outnumber the fighter units.

My largest anticipation is the war in the Pacific. TBF's and Corsairs for me!

I bought BoBP, just for the fact I'm still waiting on the DCS P-47 and Me-262 I paid for.  But I would like to see more bombers in the game as well.  The B-25, B-26, A26, and A-20G/J.  Would like to see the Mosquito for the Brits, along with a Beaufighter.  Ar-234, Ju-88 Mistel, and later versions of the Ju-88, Me-410.  But I'm patiently waiting for the Carrier engagements in the Pacific..............  We could still use some of those twin engine bombers in there too.

Cheers

Hoss

• Like 1

I agree with Hoss. The Mosquito FB Mk.VI  & Mosquito FB Mk.XVIII with the 57mm which I call 'Lucifer's Hammer' would be a great addition. The 'Fist of God' goes to the 75mm cannons in the PBJ and Ju-88.

Edited by 392FS_SPEKTRE76

I bought it.

I was looking forward for Pacific but Bodenplatte with it's late war planes is a good alternative for me.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

I got it last week, as well. I'm a big fan of the good old "Jug" in that game. She is demanding, a wonderful attacker and an important part of the allied late war fighters. I can hardly wait to slip into the cockpits of the P-51/38.  But of course I am just as excited about the other planes like the sweet 262 😄

PS: I think I'll get myself  tank crew or  flying circus for Christmas, but I can't really decide ;) 

4 hours ago, NETSCAPE said:

We need the AI and net code improved. I don't care about more maps and planes really. 

Yesterday I was in a PWCG mission hunting a couple of 6 AI stuka’s at 2400 meter and geuss what they did, a constant circling at the same height.  😫  

Yep these AI must be improved for single players and if not possible then go into the same way as OBD Wotr or WoFF, introduce an ingame adjustible dropdown menu for all the AI behavoir. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, NETSCAPE said:

We need the AI and net code improved. I don't care about more maps and planes really. 

This is my attitude also, I understand the developers need for earning money. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, NETSCAPE said:

Planes and maps pay for the AI and netcode, so you probably should start caring about them.

+1

Looking forward to the rest of the Allied planes, and new maps

Hoss

On a positive note the Me 262 technology might actually enable me to fly a ground attack run and not get shot down by the lazer precision aiming of the AAA in multiplayer scenarios that people make...

15 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

Yesterday I was in a PWCG mission hunting a couple of 6 AI stuka’s at 2400 meter and geuss what they did, a constant circling at the same height.  😫  

Yep these AI must be improved for single players and if not possible then go into the same way as OBD Wotr or WoFF, introduce an ingame adjustible dropdown menu for all the AI behavoir. 

Actually that would be a historical tactic.

http://military.wikia.com/wiki/Lufbery_circle

No sarcasm intended.  AI can always be improved but if the Stukas were flying together in a circle, it sounds like the Luftbery, which was used in WWII by the Germans with Me-110s.

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95

8 minutes ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

No sarcasm intended.  AI can always be improved but if the Stukas were flying together in a circle, it sounds like the Luftbery, which was used in WWII by the Germans with Me-110s.

And I'm telling you, that's a symptom of the AI derping out. They are circling because they have nothing to do or refuse to attack. It's not some super intelligent cool Luftbery...

I've made numerous reports on Stuka AI problems and have spent hours reproducing the errors for bug reports. 

Edited by NETSCAPE