Han

Developer Diary 207 - Discussion

1 minute ago, Han said:

Hello everybody,

Today's Dev Blog will be a short one - we have a lot of work to do at the moment. Right now we're finishing five aircraft: Bf 109 K-4 and P-47D-28 for Bodenplatte, Pfalz D.IIIa and Sopwith Camel for Flying Circus and Po-2VS Collectors Plane. Two maps, Prokhorovka map (the map of the Southern part of the Kursk salient, to be correct) for Tank Crew and Western Europe map for Bodenplatte are also shaping up nicely.

The engineer department continues their work on near-sonic aerodynamics required for late WWII aircraft. The interface is also being worked on - Marschal interface for multiplayer and tank (platoon) commander for Tank Crew. Speaking of more imminent changes, we plan to improve the in-game statistics and 'who gets the kill' logic in the next update.

Today we can show you the in-game shots of Fw-190 D-9 Collector Plane:

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 5

fantastic news! and the Dora looks absolutely stunning.

Great Pics, im curious about the possubility of changing the canopy, to a bubble one, you guys should really implement the bubble one to the F8 too, together with the armorder one

Can’t wait to fly those upcoming planes!! 😁😁but will we get the iconic bubble canopy for the D9 like in the early WIP shots? I think we could use something new for a FW 190!!

anyway, awesome work it still looks really nice!!! 🤩 

Something about that 190 doesn't look the same as the other 190s. [edited]

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, P51DMatt said:

Now I'm just wondering when we're going to get to fly these beauties 🤤

Same, I can't wait.

D9 is looking great as well.

• Upvote 1

Good job. I have noticed new FW190D has classic flat canopy, on 3d model presented earlier it has late bubble canopy with bracing. Does it mean we will have two different variants or concept has changed and we will have flat canopy instead of bubble?

Edited by kramer
  • Upvote 1

I can feel the luftwaffles are getting hot and wet already...................................................

oooooooooooooh.  Looks so good!

Can somebody elaborate on the Marshall or Marchal interface that they are talking about?

Thanks a lot!
Is there a change with lighting /reflections on the plane or is it just me ?
Anyway, my most wanted plane in BoBP (with TempestV) looks beautiful in beautiful sim !🤩

Thanks for taking the time to post this Han.

Hope you have a good weekend.:salute:

Yummy for my tummy.

The Dora is a great model. Especially the bump mapping is just beautiful. Personally I never thought the Dora was a very nice looking aircraft, especially compared to the early Antons, but there is no denying, that she looks the part.

Sounds like the Po-2 will make it into the upcoming update, which sounds just great. Can't wait to fly that iconic plane. 

Overall it seems like you guys are hitting a lot of milestones currently. Great job!

31 minutes ago, SeaSerpent said:

Can somebody elaborate on the Marshall or Marchal interface that they are talking about?

It's a way for a player to coordinate the actions of other pilots in multiplayer. 

53 minutes ago, kramer said:

Good job. I have noticed new FW190D has classic flat canopy, on 3d model presented earlier it has late bubble canopy with bracing. Does it mean we will have two different variants or concept has changed and we will have flat canopy instead of bubble?

I´m pretty confident we get both canopy variants for the D9 and, fingers crossed, also the F8 with blown canopy.

Oh, and I forget to mention. Where can I put my money for the PO-2? Great addition!

Edited by sevenless

Very nice pics of the Dora! It looks like it will also come with 4K skins? At least it looks incredibly sharp on my phone.

Good news on the Po-2 and the rest of content coming along too!

think will have to fire up DCS tonight to get a Dora fix.

Or watch Nick Jr 😃

You gave us a DD even though you had not much to announce,

I really appreciate that a lot, 

It shows how much care you give to us.

Thank you so much team!

I wish to you guys the best success!

Love you! ❤️

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Well... I actually thought it would be too late for a DD. 😂

But this late one is more than welcome. Looking very much forward to the Dora! 

Impressive the Dora, and as it is commented I hope that we have the bubble canopy for the D and A.:)
Congratulations:salute:

The Fw 190 D? is really a beauty, do not forget this is a inline engine not a radial engine like the other FW 190 and it seems it is a lattle version with the long aft fuselage.

Nice work.  And yes, there are two type of head rest, plus 2 type of canopys at least aft the frontal part. Plus diferent aft part of the fuselage one at least very like the one of the Ta 152 biger than the normal one.

Great work, waiting a little longer is a nice torture.  :salute: