Sign in to follow this  
dog1

how to sustitute a scenery for a mission

A mission is set up on a scenery . How do i substitute the scenery with an updated scenery copy which has been saved to group files ?

since i started this thread here is what i did , i completed or improved further the scenery which is saved to group templates . then i delete the base scenery of the mission in question and install the updated scenery from group templates .

ahh...ok..I think I know what he is asking...

Correct me if I am wrong.  You took a group called "scenery" in a mission,,,,made some changes...and resaved the group.  Now you want to place the upgraded scenery in a mission.

this is easy to do, but, before you save the group as a template. you have to do one very important thing.  On your mission tree, locate the Scenery Group you are saving, and bring up the group properties.  In the group description box at the bottom, type in the groups coordinates...the top one and bottom one....altitude is not important.  Then save the group to file.

When you plunk down the group,  again, bring up the group properties of the group you just placed, and edit it's coordinates to match what you put in the group description.  Now it should be very close if not exactly where it is suppose to be.  More than often is is very close....ie, building do not exactly match the ground shadows and shading as well as they did in the original.

If you did not enter the groups coordinates when you save it, you could possibly find the original group you started with in another version of the mission, and use it's coordinates.  But if you added stuff to the original group, every thing you add can throw off the center of the group (ie, the group icon), and it may still be off a bit, or off alot.

sorry if I misunderstood your question.

Edited by WWSitttingDuck

WWWSITTINGDUCK

i  am relatively green here and still finding my way around . Since i am building sceneries and saving to Groups file folder i am from time to time improving them . In the meantime i am fooling around with the Editor learning how to make missions .  So by the time i've made a mission the scenery has expanded and i want  to use it , what i am doing is deleting the whole scenery with the single groups icon and replacing it with the new one  . 

yes offcourse , should work for anyone . as i said above i discovered it after i placed my question and i could'nt delete the thread .